Reviews for fireflies
Lizicia chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Just absolutely gorgeous. I love every piece of your inextricably series - every piece of yours, period - but this one really speaks to me. The anguish is just overwhelming, both from Amy and the Doctor and I love how impossible it all is and yet, I understand the Doctor's reasoning perfectly well. She will die and he won't let her, at least as much as he can help it.
tarkheena chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Tragic and beautiful all in one. Extremely well done.
portionss-forfoxes chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This is honestly my favorite Doctor Who fic of any I have ever read. It was captivating-I could not stop reading. I was frowning all throughout the second half, and my heart literally lurched at the words "You have to go." I don't know how to explain it other than by saying you are such a talented writer. You have this beautiful, lyrical style of writing, and such an uncanny knack for lines that give insight into the inner workings of a character, lines that-as I mentioned-make my heart lurch, because I know that feeling, it's like I can reach out and touch it. You have done an absolutely amazing job. My favorite section was '5'-I was very touched by it in this inexplicable way. And I am intrigued, confused, and adoring of your ending. Do you mind my asking, what does it mean? What setting were you thinking of when you wrote it? A dream? A future, a past occurrence?

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you for writing. Sorry for the rambling. I loved it.
Athyna DaughterofPosiedon chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
A tad confusing towards the end, and entirely tragic in the middleish, but altogether amazing.
wizardsinthetardis chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I love your style of writing. This is an amazing piece of literature. :) Congrats on the wonderful chapter!

Keep writing!

xo Bianca
seekerchasing chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
this one was sad but i still loved it. at first i was confused by the ending but i worked it out in a couple of minutes. sometimes it just takes me a while, lol. anyway, brilliant writing again from you.
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
This was gorgeous.

Fantastic job.

-Dom
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I really should find a computer so I could type a proper review instead of still flailing along w this lil phone. But I feel bad delaying continuing to delay feed ack, so I'll go on anyway. First tome I read this (on it's own not knowing it was part of a series) I thought the end was a kind of alternate ending. A what if the doctor had just let go of his fears and let them be happy. But reading it now I see that 11 is flashing back to what happened altogether earlier. Before the fic's barccelona events (and not canons). Although this still ends in tragic way, I have hopes the next part will provide some salve for the wounds. I particularly love how you are willing to experiment with form and time and all our preconceptions.
lauraxamelia chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Aghhh you bad bad person. Bad saywheeee.

I'm actually crying.

That was immensely sad. Poor poor Doctor, poor poor Amy :(

I would leave a proper review but I need to read the next one so it'll be OK again.

Just to say Ch.5 is my favourite, especially this:

"his world in this moment has been reduced to her, to their bodies touching, to her breathing in his arms. And she looks away from the city, down to his familiar hand, motionlessly caressing her skin through her thin shirt, and she changes her mind again."
Lindo chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Is there an end to your brilliance? My God, I love you.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Awwwww.. Sweet. Sad. *sniff*
Moltovmocktail chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
this is so tragic, and the worst part is that it's in character and it's well written and it's beautiful.

but i hate thinking that is their ending so much that i have to combine this with you're other story "each piece inextricably" and the he comes back ending because...because this is too sad.

but yes. beautiful writing. prepare to be favorited out of you're mind by me.
cjhar chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I really love this story. Actually I love all your stories. I hope you continue to write Amy/Doctor!
KiteDancer chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I am officially in love with your writing. Everything about this was so brilliant and so sad and so amazing. The bit at the end with what happened before they visited Barcelona brought tears to my eyes. I loved how the story moved from really cute and lovely to so sad and heartbreaking - their happiness in Barcelona just made him leaving her so much more sad. The scene with Rory is heartbreaking as well... To round it all off, I loved it. It's honestly one of the best Amy/Eleven stories I've ever read. Every word is so in character. I seriously hope you write more, because your writing is brilliant.
Terriah chapter 1 . 5/1/2010