Reviews for The Dalimar Affair
ashstar54321 chapter 1 . 3/19
Oh, goodness, this is absolutely delightful! I recently finished the fist game in the Ravenhearst trilogy, though I am familiar with the storylines of the other two. The portrayal of Holmes and Watson is done very well, and the deductions you have puzzled together are excellently detailed and brilliant. I find myself quite liking the character od Miss Wulf. I definitely hope you will be adding more to the story soon!
Dixie Darlin chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I'm rather sad that this never got updated. I'm not overly familiar with the Sherlock character outside of those Downey Jr. movies, but I'd say you got him and Watson down. Loved the process of analysis in how he came to his conclusion. I'll add to my favorites in the meantime just in case you ever decide to add to it, but seeing as how it's been about 4 years, I won't hold my breath. Pity, no one ever writes for the Mystery Case Files fandom. Maybe I might someday, who knows.
Azolean chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Off to a great start; though, I admit to having no knowledge of the games to which you refer. I will likely look into them shortly, as I am a big fan of such. However, I am greatly disappointed that there has been no update on this in so long. I would dearly love to read more.
TheBustyBarmaid chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Have you played the other Ravenhearst Games? I've never met another person who has played them without me showing them first.
This is how I introduced the game to a friend: 'it's a game where you act as Sherlock and solve the mystery of the manor.' Or something similar. At the time I meant BBC Sherlock but this is great too!
Thank for the unexpected find!

Fargosis chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
After Emmy disneys works I think I can safely say conserning the die hard ravenhearst fans,
We need this.
(no disrespect to Emmy, it just pains me to try and read that fic)
I play ravenhearst alot chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
I thouht this was well written, this fan base is notorious for having amazing looking fanart but terribly written fanfics but you always get a few gems in there
E-Kiarlic chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Oh! This was both great for Sherlock Holmes fans and Ravenhearst fans! I am just ecstatic and hope you'll continue writing this fanfiction!
Sophie chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
You. Are. AMAZING!

I'm about to finish Return to Ravenhearst (already done releasing Rose and her children), when I thought of looking for a fanfiction on this wonderful game. It has been a while since I finished the first Ravenhearst, and my memory is sketchy when I try to remember the story of Charles and Emma. Then your story shows up, and I literally cried with delight! Holmes and Mystery Files? Bloody Brilliant!

I'm looking forward for the next chapters, and see how this twisted tale goes :)
marginaliana chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Oh, this is lovely. I've just been searching for Ravenhearst fic and came across this one (and not any others, really). I like the way you get more explicit about Charles' madness and his obsession with puzzle locks - obviously in the game we sort of take that for granted but it makes a fascinating plot point. Would love to see more of this.
InkHeart17 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
It's about time someone siezed the wonderful plot of the Ravenhearst tales! I'm so happy to have found this! Have you played the first Ravenhearst, freeing Emma's spirit and seeing the sketchbook picture of Charles after her with a cleaver?

I'm sad this hasn't been updated in a while. It looks so promising. And will Victor come into this at all? I've been wanting to write something for these games myself and I love that you set the bar.

I adore the Mystery Case Files series (Ravenhearst, Madame Fate's Carnival, Return to Ravenhearst, and Secrets of Dire Grove). Are you going to stay canon or will Sherlock win and the events of Ravenhearst not occur with our own MCF agent?
Fox Alder chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Dude, this story rocks! I love this game, actually I just won the first game, it's so sad what happened to Emma Rose and The Twins. Please update this story!
celticgothhardy chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Brilliant idea.
Oceans of Abstract Colors chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Wow, thanks for writing this one. I've been searching for MCF fics lately and, yes, I finally found it!

Your plot is very good and also your characters (well, Winifred Wulf, that is) and the way they interact with each other. I also loved the way they figured out that Charles has been underground hiding Rose and her daughters.

You're awesome, doc! Peace out!

fledge chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
You are truly a girl of many talents. Quite an interesting opening. with suitable descriptions of H&W. And Winifred is an intriguing character, doubly so considering this is 1896, when women used to be rather different. So let's see where you take this. However, don't forget you have several more irons in the fire, TomKat not being the least of them.
What's next? Jane Austen?
ElizabethSnow17 chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
great start, very promising! cant wait to see more!