Reviews for Never Enough
mendenbar chapter 3 . 10/11/2010
Every so often I have to come back and wallow in reading this again. It's a very fine fic and I love it when you update. I can even live with once every couple of months, just as long as you don't stop until it is finished.

D
casedeputy chapter 3 . 9/4/2010
Interesting! Can't wait for more.
Touch of the Wind chapter 2 . 5/23/2010
A great update! I admit it would have been amusing to see whether Angel and his boys could have kept their heritage a secret for a little while longer- but the crew knowing opens the door for other opportunities. For example, in episode War Stories you could have Angel, Sam and Connor participate in the fight- maybe going in first and outright killing anyone that gets in their way. If Zoe was that worried about the Captain she would allow the Aurelius clan to tear their way through for them.

Angel’s babble seems uncharacteristic at times but I do remember times in the series where he babbled but I think that over the last few hundred years his mind could have unravelled a little at the loss of the ones he loved. It would explain the tendency to babble. I could see this causing Sam or Connor to cut into his speech with a simple sentence which gets to the point. The boys can be very blunt in my mind- though it would be amusing if they babbled too.

The line ‘their spirits either broken, near about, or hardened to the strength of a fortress’ makes me think that maybe Spike and Illyria are still alive. Illyria could be the hardened one and Spike the broken one. I kinda hope that they are alive- Serenity and its occupants should pay them a visit.

I have a feeling Angel’s story just confused the crew more than they already were. And Connor’s a vampire? Odd- I’m kinda hoping that Angel is just letting them believe that and Connor is alive.

I am hoping this line ‘I can tell the difference, but I'm not entirely sure Connor cares’ is a hint of how Connor acts around these people. You could have Connor either violent- or crying- maybe apologising to Jasmine for killing her- but he is speaking to Zoe. I admit I am kinda hoping that Connor gets used to Zoe.

I am eager to see where you take this. I admit it would be good if Angel were to go with Mal and that on a Job leaving Connor and Sam on the ship and we could see how they act without Angel- maybe during Trash or Objects in Space. I also really want to see Kaylee bond with Connor as a friend despite what she has heard about him.

Update soon!
Touch of the Wind chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Hey, its longbca from LJ/TouchoftheWind from TTH.

OH! Such a brilliant start- Connor seems so vulnerable in this and you have Sam (should have known, Lol). I love how you have Connor kinda feral- tearing pieces out of those Academy guys sounds great. You also characterise Angel greatly in this- willing to kill for his boys- perfect!

I want more!