Reviews for Two Faced
Time Traverser chapter 1 . 8/16
I agree with the idea that a personification's opinion does not necessarily align with what they personify. Because honestly there are questionable decisions made by all governments in history that are the near or complete opposites of what the personification's personality would dictate.

This was a very nice story, showing growth for both England and America and just starting to bridge the gap between them.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
I Knew It! I knew the slap part would came!

My favourite parts ! The Slap and the Hug !

The American Civil War was Interesting...
or that was what I thought when I read it on Wikipedia. Half of it, just what I wanted to know.
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
The country of England *didn't* support the Confederacy. After the South lost at Antietam, England decided not to acknowledge the South as an independent nation. If you're thinking of the Trent affair, the situation was still fuzzy at the time, and the argument was more over England's right to ensure diplomats' safety and the value of international law than about whether or not the Confederacy was recognized as legitimate.
Back to the story: you had a lot of grammatical errors, most noticeably (and frequently) a tendency to long run-ons with insufficient commas (particularly before dependent clauses).
However, the mistakes got easier and easier to ignore as I kept reading, and the drama of England's emotions in dealing with America worked well with the double personality you were trying to portray. You could practically taste the awkwardness at the beginning of the conversation, and the ending was perfectly sad/sweet/dramatic/what-have-you. It was interesting to see the situation from a perspective other than America's.
Zeplerfer chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
I just wanted to drop you a quick review to let you know that "per say" is the wrong spelling. It's a Latin phrase, so the spelling is "per se" and you just pronounce it per say. And in the sentence "Obviously he thought England could offer something more malleable to use," I think you mean handy or helpful, but that's not quite what malleable means. Hope that helps!
kurichan729 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
i liked this story a lot. i loved the way you portrayed the spliy personality and in my head the confederacy had this really evil sounding voice. O.O anyways good job. is there going to be more? because that would be awesome and i would just love to read more
kitkit11183 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This fic was very interesting, and I like how you represented the Civil War. I would like to point out that although England's government supported the South in the Civil War, most of England (the workers) supported the North because they had read Stowe's novel and believed that the war (which began over the issue of the states' rights(to own slaves)) would soon be fought over slavery. So if England represents the majority of his people, then his actions in this fic are historically accurate. Yay!
Superkawaiifreak chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Historically, I'd like to point out that the War of 1812 was essentially an American victory. The British did burn down DC, but America kicked England's ass at Lake Champlain, and then New Orleans, which was the battle that enables me to say that it was essentially an American win. The Treaty of Ghent, however, makes some historians believe that neither America nor Britain won, as New Orleans's showdown occurred during Ghent, but because of the huge distance between Belgium and America, American envoys weren't able to tell Andrew Jackson that the US had reached a "stalemate" with Britain. Just thought to point this out, as your interpretation of the War of 1812 was just a tad off.

I do love your writing, however!
Trumpet-Geek chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
I do really love your England. 3
Common Spring chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
i don't know what it is but I just friggin LOVE civil war fics! especially the america based ones, but i guess i'm biased. anyway i though you did a fantastic job! it made me really feel fo both of them. i think i just about cried at one point. you're really good
Little Miss Maybe chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Omigosh. I loved this. I have such a sick fascination with the American Civil War and now...

Wow, you've made me so happy. I think I love you. XD
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
A new twist to the Civil War torn Alfred.

westwindhowl chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
i loved this! i feel so bad for the both of them though i'm glad England decided to help America in the end! You're writing style and grammar are very good and the plot kept me interested the whole way through!
ChaosandMayhem chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Poor Arthur. Poor Alfred. Poor...everyone. XD

This was such a gripping fic, I was holding my breath throughout most of it. You need a really great job in showing off the Confederacy-side of America, I think. :)

I must add the higher-ups of England (Parliament and what-not) supported the Confederacy, the common Englishman was more likely to side with the Union. So if you consider the personification of a country to be the representation of its people, then of course England would side with America.

Excellent job! This is definitely a favorite!

MeadowLark4491 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Ah, but even though they stated that they supported the Confederacy, they never did actually aid them. England, in the end, ended up allied with the Union, and Canadian soldiers (At the time under English jurisdiction) fought and died for the Union during the U.S.'s Civil War.

Bravo. I really, really, liked this story.
bottle lightning blue chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
whoa this intense. my god i loved it.

especially england's inner turmoil and god...definitely poor america's.

excellent, excellent story