Reviews for In A Day's Work
The BestChaser chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I've been sick in bed for the past three days, and this has literally made my day today! It was so good to read, just like a proper episode! Very well done! I wish it would have happened that way... they should have used your script instead. Good job, keep it up!
cm757 chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
you know what buddy? i didn't really read this story this was just a way to contact you.

here is the thing, about your review for my story, you don't get to say if what I do or don't do is childish or not. because you know what? i am just one of those people who likes to have some direction and guidence from reviewers when writing a stroy, specially cause i'm not even american.

you are no one to get to say what I do specially because you have no idea what so ever of what is happening in my life right now.

so you know what' IF GETTING PEOPLE TO REVIEW HELPS MY DAY, THAN SO BE IT.

if you don't like mys stories because I ask people to review, than that is very simple.

don't read.

and I would really appreaciate it if you removed your review.

but, I do have to thank you for pointing out my mistake, I alreay took care of it.
mamistyle chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
What you produce at 5:30 in the morning is amazing! What a sweet story.
brange3 chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
oh! why can't it be like this on the show! you did awesome with this fic! love the EC interaction of course! you really are spot on character with them! there was a lot of case work too...you had it all...plus you handled the Jake situation like a dream...i love how you made it make Eric and Calleigh even stronger and closer...when she ran after him to make sure he knew about jake...it is showing that being in love is softening her up a bit and i like that...i believe its happening on the show too...the scene in the ballistics lab was fabulous...reminded me of ole times with their easy banter! I really loved the last locker room scene...like i said you had it all..oh if we could just get a smidge of this on the show i would be so happy! oh please keep the EC fics comin'! You write them so well! see ya on the board..hehe!
DENSI.ItsaLoveStory chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
wow... awesome ! love it!
MightyMiaBoo chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This was a wonderful and engrossing read! Had me hooked from the 1st paragraph. I can only wish that the actual "Meltdown" episode would turn out like your fic!
C.H.E.A.R chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Long and nice
ielto chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
wish that what we'll see in the next episode is something along the lines of what you wrote... lots of people are dreaming of a big ILY scene :)
Nancy chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Great story. I enjoyed it very much. Hope to see you write more EC story soon.

MsSat chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Great story! I like your fanfic!
gl3303
eric-calleighfreak chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Cutey cute cute! Loved it! Keep it up!
HiphuggerLadyCub1995 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I think that would be a great way for this episode to play out. I think it would be a good thing if Jake just gave up and let Eric have her like that.
cally sunday rose chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
fantastic )
too lazy to login chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
More things I liked:

"Hey." She smiled as he came to a stop on the other side of the bench she was working on. "And to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Rumour has it that this is where the best shot in three states usually resides." He replied wittily, causing Calleigh to stop with her work and look up at him.

"And…?"

They never said she was a blonde. Kinda short too." He joked, jumping back a bit as a pen lid came flying to him. "Careful! You could take out an eye with that."

"You should just be glad it was a lid and not a bullet I aimed at you." Calleigh retorted, trying her best to seem as annoyed as possible, thought it wasn't working as she stared at his grinning face. "Like you said, I'm the best shot in three states."

Eric followed her eyes, landing instantly on the person that she had obviously seen from her position on the other side of the table. Jake Berkeley, standing in the crime lab whilst talking to Ryan. The simple sight made him frown, especially as he saw both men laugh at something that noone else had heard or seen.

"What?" Calleigh questioned him when she saw the hardened look on his face as he looked back over at her. Even from where she was leaning over the microscope, glancing at him from under her lashes, it was obvious that he had seen something that he didn't like.

"I think he wants to get back together with you." He told her with a heavy sigh. Calleigh remained quiet, standing up straighter to look at the two men in the corridor before looking back at Eric, who had crossed his arms in a stance that she knew very well. It was the one that he used when he felt threatened or the need to defend himself or someone else.

"He knows it's not going to happen. I told him so." She assured him, going back to her work before they divulged into it too much at work.

"He's still in love with you." Eric said roughly, as if admitting it to her made it change something or another.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I love you, then." Calleigh replied, her words once again softer and quieter as she wrote something else down from her examination. Shaking her head, his words repeated in her head and made her look up at him incredulously. "Besides, you can't possibly know that."

"Trust me, I know." He muttered. Calleigh chose not to reply, simply sticking with her work as he chose to silently brood for a little while. When the silence became too much to handle, she decided to change the subject in hope to move past it all.

"How's the investigation going?"
"Are you happy?" Jake simply asked her, shoving his hands in his pockets as he did so. Although his posture seemed casual, the way his eyes tried to bore into hers told her that this was the final thing that he had to know to diminish all hope.

"Yes." She answered honestly and simply.

"Hey, there you are! I've been trying to find you." She greeted him. Reaching out, she loosely wrapped her arms around his waist before pushing herself up onto her toes to press her lips against his, now that they were clocked off work. She could feel one of his arms come around her back, while the other hand ran through her hair tenderly. Breaking off before things got too far, Calleigh leaned back a bit so that she could look at him. "I've been waiting to do that all day."

"You could have said something. I wouldn't have minded." Eric flirted, rubbing her back soothingly as she dropped back to the flat of her feet, or rather heels, and let go of him.
"They'll get over it, Eric. Trust me. Just give it a few days and it'll be forgotten." Calleigh reassured him in the most confident voice that she could conjure up that didn't sound like a order, or a promise. The last thing that she ever wanted to do was to promise this man something that she could never know if it would be stuck to or not. "As for me… No, I didn't like it, either. But I like you, and that's enough for me."

Her voice had dropped a bit in volume to make her last words more intimate, and she smiled brightly when she heard him chuckle softly at her words.

"Thank you." He said with gratitude that she could not only hear in his voice, but also see in his eyes and feel in his body as he pulled on her hand and brought her into a short, tight embrace.

"Anytime, babe." Calleigh whispered before pulling away, allowing his hands to come to a rest on her waist and hers on his chest. It was only then, as the stress that he had been carrying around seemingly disappeared from his shoulders, that she realised how tired he must have been. Not only had he been up and working as long as she had, the added tension to it must have worn him out even more so. "So you coming home with me then?"
doobydoodah chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I really liked this fiction too. I wished it wasn't just a one shot. It could be extra brilliant. Can't wait to see the episode now. I hope it plays out like this.