Reviews for You Cannot Leave Me Behind
Ciara Mist chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Beautifully written. The emotion. The actions. I should have read the warnings first, but I'm glad I had that mishap. It's been just over a year since a close friend succeeded in his attempt, and I haven't been able to listen to certain songs or read fics that even suggest suicide since. This was my first and as weird as it may sound I'm glad I read it
Rebecca chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Please, please write a continuation to this :D
Khodgi01 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
First, I must apologise for not reading the whole thing. I skipped most of Merlin's retelling of events and went to the last section and a bit above that. It strikes a bit too close to home at the moment for me to be able to read the whole thing particularly... safely. I shouldn't have read it at all.

However, I am glad I did, because from what I did read, I must say it was amazingly well written. You captured the emotions perfectly, and the progression as everything became too much for him.

It's interesting how, despite vastly different events leading to it, it is somewhat universal how the drive actually... happens. It really has to be experienced to be understood properly, but your description of Merlin's feelings (based on your own) is the closest I can ever recall reading before.

Beautiful :)

P.S. I love the relative anonymity of the internet. I would never have said ANYTHING like this if I actually knew you... :-/ That's half my problem now. Step 1: recognise the problem. Step 2: TALK TO SOMEONE YOU CAN TRUST. I mean, my god, what if half the issues a person has are trust issues? :D
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
great story can u make another story similar to this
AlmostHeaven chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Thank you.
schoolkid chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
That was so beautifully written thank you for putting this on the internet for people to enjoy, I loved it.
Cainchan chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This was such a fantastic story and soo sad. There are no words which can describe how much I adore this story, how much I enjoy to read it.

It was really dark. But your writing skills are amazing, you showed us how desperate our pour skinny servant was, how lost because of his actions and that the people around him die and die and he can do nothing to stop that. When I person is through so much - like Merlin - I think there is a point when you only can feel empty and lost and death it seems for this person is the better option.

I am glad that the poison did not kill our little sorcerer and I am also glad that arthur found him. It was so lovely when he holds merlin by his hand that he could not escape. Arthur cares deeply for the bony and forlon servant although he is a sorcerer. There is so much love between arthur and merlin. I can not understand why arthur and gwen are on the tv-show together.

and I loved the scene at the end where arthur holds merlin in his arms safe and desperate and merlin seems so forlorn. I think merlin needs this embrance - to feeled loved and not so alone.

This story was great, I loved the angst, the hurt/comfort, merlin so desperate and arthur so caring. It was amazing.

I hope you write more such stories. Or a sequel eventuelly?

Thank you really.
Word-Stringer chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
wow, aazing story. I don't like the idea of Merlin giving up (in my opinion, he's not that sort of person) but t made a great story, and you write it really well :3
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I was actually looking for one like this, well not so much the suicidal part as 'Merlin retelling everything to Arthur' in a way where the author actually goes through the events, at least the majority of them. Mind you i'm thinking and thinking and i know you've missed some events, i think? I just can't really think what ;P

However, the suicide part works in well and you do do that part very well indeed. I'm so glad we have reality in this one and not immediate happy ending as so many writers on this site are prone to do. Merlin's need to run and 'get away get away', Arthur's almost desperate following, the splurging of info from Merlin while in the woods and his defeat before letting out that splurge (that is a word right? maybe i'm spelling it wrong...?) were perhaps some of my favourite parts. I mean I liked it all, alot but a few things are bound to crop up as more fav than others lol. Arthur's watching of Merlin before he makes the attempt and Merlin coming across those bottles and then practically hugging one were also best bits.

I'm glad you only hinted, and in fact one could see those hints as something else (if they were so inclined) and didnt make this into a slash. I have nothing against it (definitely not! XD) but I think for this one, putting in more than you did would have taken away from the rest of it...basically it wasnt necessary and I'm glad you didn't just say 'what the heck' just because you couldnt resist (again something i've seen and loathed before).

This is definitely a new fav fic, i'll be rereading it at all hours (just try and stop me! Roooaarr!)...um...so if you start getting loads of hits from UK its probably me feasting on it again _

Thanks much.
kirallie chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Poor Merlin! Glad Arthur just listened and accepted.
blackteaplease chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
touching

get job
Lenonea chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
This one was really good! Keep it up!
isabellec chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Wow, seriously powerful, gripping,realistic, intense and all too believable stuff. If not for the slash element, this could be a "very special episode" of Merlin. Arthur's reactions were all realistic and believable, and the idea of Merlin attempting suicide, with all the pressures he's under, the secrets he has to keep and the losses he's suffered, well, I think my only question would be how he managed to hold out as long as he did/

Bravo.
merlinfan93 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
This was beautifully written, and one of the best fics I have read. Merlin's feelings are so realistic-I thought your version of how Merlin feels afterwards is much better than the BBC version, where Merlin is just smiling as if nothing happened (at the end of the last dragonlord)
Chelsebney chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This is beautiful. There's so much raw emotion. Fantastic job.
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »