Reviews for Gethsemane
TheWammy'sHouseReject chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
You are freaking amazing!
Middle-Earth Muggle chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
That was absolutely /wonderful/; I love it-the story, the title, the the the- my favorite quote is "There is a sweep of some kind of twisted elegance in the smile Mello gives Matt as the sun rises on the last dawn of their life." That's got to be one of the most amazing fanfiction quotes ever.

Deffo fave.

Medicinal Biscuit chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Seriously good story. I love how descriptive you managed to make it even though it was really short, and I also really appreciate the fact that you didn't make them get together. Very nice. :)
ElenAtalantie chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Lady, lady, these are pretty!

The Space Between Us: THIS LINE has staked itself a plave in my canon: "If it's you, it's me too, you know." Guh. And that last line...that last line says it all. That titular space, it's not there.

His Place: I think the idea of the shitty little flat is so ingrained in the fandom, and I love how you use the fandom, really USE it without letting it dictate. That morbid humor about the horrible apartment just makes it right. And then the turn to thinking about Mello, such a wry little twist on the prompt. Very clever, lady.

Along the Moonlit Bay: I prefer speedboats to motorbikes, but I know that feeling of *coming to life* with the shuddering speed and the devil-may-care of it all. So I was really there, rushing headlong with Mello and thrilling in that one last ride, and then you just knocked me flat with "this is how he makes him feel *every single day.*" My heart jumped up in my throat with that perfect little analogy.

Hidden From The World and Don't Be Afraid: Climax of the story, right here. The climax of the story is *freaking observation.* That. Takes. Skill. So much skill. And the peace, the resolution, the realization...I weep. I weep because I will never be able to do that, and it's so friggin' beautiful.

Farewell: Ugh, yes. Horrible, horrible, horrible, and exactly right. Again, I felt what Mello felt. And again, the last line. Damn.

And the title? Perfect. The quiet fervor of the last free breaths. Gethsemane.
phollie chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
-long, shaky sigh- Oh, man. Remember when I told you that you always find the best times to say certain things? Well, this entire fic pretty much backs that up to the tee, because I'm all trembling and inspired and in love now.
Seriously. The way you can capture a relationship in the shortest of moments and phrases is something I'll always envy. "If it's you, it's me too, you know." Yep. Right there. That's the beauty in the breakdown, all in that single line.
Also, this line goes down in history for me on so many levels. "It's like coming to life, and he thinks really he doesn't have that much time left if he's going to ever tell Matt that this is how he makes him feel every single day." If I got into how much that line broke me in two, I'd be typing this review all night. Not only does it fit this pairing way too perfectly, but it just...ah, it just screams out to me. It's beautiful. -You're- beautiful. Dammit. 3
Once more, you have this way of just -getting it-. Thank you for writing this, dear. You're the best medicine for an ill soul.
494dwangel chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
so heartbreakingly beautiful...
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This was terrific. I like that each drabble (hats off for keeping them all at exactly 100, by the way) focused on their thoughts and experiences at the end; not before. This is one of the more realistic-seeming MxM fics I've read as well, which is a treat.
One question:
'*A curl of smoke winds into his lungs and nicotine stains his lips.* His fingertips touch, each swirl of his prints, each jagged edge of nail. *A curl of smoke winds into his lungs and nicotine stains his lips*.' Did you mean to repeat that line?
Great work.