Reviews for The Right Thing
gearsky chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
I would love to see a continuation of this.
Kas3y chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Yer u should soo write more on this. Love stories when all the dragons only really love hiccup. Great story and plot btw. Fantastic lil read right there, very much enjoyed myself and would enjoy future work on the particular story :D
Keiri DeLaCruz chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
I love this story!
Osiria Rose chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
If you ever have the time, I implore you to look back on this story and consider continuing it. In light of the second movie, if Hiccup and his new band of dragons get in danger of being discovered at the cove, they might leave and become wanderers, and maybe, just maybe, meet Valka later on. Then maybe they find out about the Red Death and take it down, possibly WITHOUT Berk's help. I know how you said that it would probably end similarly to he movie, and to some extent I agree, but this has the potential to be an epic saga. Anyway, I hope that someone will continue this!

Sincerely,
Siri.
Make war not love. war is fun chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
cool story
cutereader chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Please write a sequel - I think this would make a brilliant plot twist in the entirety of the story, possibly making quite a difference in the last battle if hiccup befriended the other dragons prior.
V chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Please continue
Its the right thing
:-D
whisperfur chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
this is actually a very unique what if? i dont believe i have seen anything like it usually at this point it is the climax where one way of thinking butt heads with another way and most writers stick with that. never have i seen where the viking party did not find out about toothless... which is freakin' awesome! i really hope someone picks this up (or you change your mind about continuing ) because im excited to see what happens next! i also like how toothless doesnt have any thoughts (like us reading his thoughts i know the big guy has plenty thoughts) its more like the movie in this regard and harder to write. also hiccup could have been more sarcastic, as its his character do be so, but i understand you didnt have alot of writing time and so his sarcastic nature and sharp wit didnt have a chance to shine through so to speak. keep writing my fellow httyd enthusiast and i will keep reading. :)
yo momma chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I know it said end but please Continue this story please
voidal chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Hello I really liked the story as well as the premise. I was wondering if any adopted the story or decided to do a continuation of it? Thanks
Groudon202 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Unlike most other reviews of this, I feel this stood best on it's own, as more would just repeat the movie.

Great job though! It really worked. You have a gift.
MillionDollarNinja chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
AWW Man! it's just a one-shot! *pout* it's a really good story! if ya continue it please do! and if not can ya add a chapter saying if any one took the challenge of continuing this? please! it's really good the endless possibilities to this story are endless!
ani chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
this was something i always wondered about, why Hiccup didn't do it. they were really in chara, even the pantomining.

you know this situation could have lead to Hiccup's original plan; he was planning to go to the Nest by himself, Astrid's the one that got everyone else involved... but then why would Stoic be taking everyone there in the first place... damn it's too open-ended!
mynameisthedoctor chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Awwe! You not continuing it? Thats like... The fanfic equivelent of Duke Nukem Forever or something!
Anon chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
First, I want to say I absolutely love this. You wrote it very well and I like how you had Toothless be the one to prick Hiccup's conscience to rescue the other dragons. I also found your description of Hiccup and the Zippleback to wonderful.

But my favorite line out of all of it is, "He'd done the right thing – he was sure of that, but...he had more or less just committed treason." :) Epic

So Hiccup doesn't get caught and the dragons follow him/Toothless "home". And surely there will be choas in the morning...

I know you don't plan on continuing this, and I respect that. "The Right Thing" is compelling enough to stand alone. But if you ever feel the urge and have the time... this has so much potential to be more! what with exploring Hiccup becoming more independant, the effect of more dragons in his and Toothless' lives, and the village's expectations of him as second place. Double lives are always entertaining. :)

Thanks again for the fic! Keep up the great writing!