Reviews for My Eyes Flew Open
MsArtemis chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Love this :) Captured him really well you have a good grip on the characters
rahne2 chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Just had to tell you how perfectly you've captured Sam here. I plan to reread it often, and it will definitely be kept among my favorite SN fics. By far my favorite tag to this episode. Rage has always been a part of Sam: not because he was marked as a baby with Demon blood, but because Sam is his father's son, and both of them were strong personalities with a sense of their own worth and a drive for perfection. Dean is a Giver, selfless, a man who finds his validation in protecting and serving others. Sam is a Taker, a man who knows himself and what he wants, and finds his validation in achievement. Both are equally valid and necessary human personality types, and the dichotomy between Dean/Mary and Sam/John is part of what made their bonds so deep and their partnerships so successful. But Sam's frustration and pain throughout his childhood must have filled him with a deep and abiding anger. Helpless to choose his own path, condemned to excel in all the ways his father could not value and fail over and over to live up to Dean's standards: I've always been amazed that he was able to keep his innocence and sanity for so long. And to find that even when he thought he had succeeded for a time in forging his own life and place he had been manipulated and his friends hurt because of him...I can't imagine how terrible that anger has to be now. And killing the demon, even knowing this was the bastard who actually killed his lover, can't really ease that pain. But having the power to do it, to take back some control at last, to realize finally that he is better than they are, that he has known love in a way no demon (or angel) ever will...I think that will save him, in the end. And I think it took a long time for Dean to really understand his brother as much as Sam knows him, but in this episode he gave Sam exactly what he needed. Yeah, Dean, it did help. Thanks for putting it so succinctly. Good job.
BelleU chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Aw man... Sammy...

Very good :)
Psychee chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This was a nice bit of introspection on Sam's part. I enjoyed it.
Indigo2831 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
That was wonderful, really. Great job.
Lolajay chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I really liked this. I was wondering after watching that ep if Sam got any closure from killing Brady, so this was just the sort of introspective tag I was looking for. Awesome work.
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/1/2010