Reviews for Beyond the Mounain Pass
kimi-ebi chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
I love it :). It's sad and perfect. I love the idea and France wanting to become stronger but feeling guilt about the possibility of using the weapon. Nuclear bomb is a horrible thing, and I like what you wrote about it.
kimi-ebi
SiZodiac chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
very good, very good! i think i'm falling in love with your historical works, every one of them is amazing. i especially like how the stories only take place in a point in time rather than stretching over a long period of time, it makes them more real...like the event(s) actually happened.
MeadowLark4491 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
I'm not usually one who cares for anything resembling a pairing (at least with these two considering their history) but you did well with this. Can be seen as friendship up til the end, and even then sort of. Anyhow, that aside...I liked the idea you have here and I like the way you structured it as well. Well done.
Okuyukashii chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
The conversation between England and France is really nice to read, though the oneshot began a little awkwardly. Somehow I have a really clear image of where they are and what they look like while they're speaking, simply through the few bits of description you provided.

It's more reflective than having any plot, but I still enjoyed reading it :)
Paisley Skies chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
This is simply amazing. I... I really do not know what to say. I loved the description; it was as though I were having the experience with the characters rather than just sitting reading a story. And the way you showed France's emotions instead of telling about them made everything all the more real; the way his anxiety was shown by his description of how his mind saw Germany burning, for instance. I really liked that particular part because I could feel the anxiety crescendoing to its peak.

I also love the slight feeling of awkwardness that settles about England when he goes to visit France. It's as though he wants to help him, but he's not sure he knows how to do so. It's not a gaping feeling of awkwardness, but just enough.

The characterisation in this was very well done - especially for France. He seems complex, which I think fits this fic very well. France has a lot burdening his shoulders, and I think that would add layers to his character. It's very refreshing to see this side of him.

It's sad to see that this has received so few reviews.
Ayane T'il Hime chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Great job. I wonder why there is so few reviews.

You show well the ... how can I say... the mistrust between De Gaule and England, the will of independance of France : 'we are allied but not under your command'. It fits really well with history and you did'nt forgot all the changement in Paris.

Moreover, I enjoy your writting.

Bye.

I hope I didn't write nonsense.
Helioqueen chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Lovely, Lovely, Lovely.
The phopne conversation was a really good way to start this fic.
I like to see other sides of Francis than the perverted idiot. :D
Akishira chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
For the life of me I have no idea why nobody has reviewed this fic yet. It's awesome stuff, the sniping between Fr and UK and yet there's a clear sense of the relationship they have. I have no idea why the burning of Fr's hands while cooking (while drunk) seemed like a metaphor for the destruction caused to Fr's land/psyche/people as a result of his development of the weapon, but it just... is. Anyway, keep up the good work! :D