Reviews for October Fifth
too many stars to count chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I liked this a lot!

I'm pretty sure the 5th of October is actually Arnold's birthday in the show as well - or it's a day or two before/after and I love fics that deal with his parents leaving.

It must be weird as one of his classmates to see him so miserable and not know why. I like how Helga tried to help in her own (and admittedly creepy) way.

This was great!
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
What a way to go for a story about this tragic day!

Did Helga sneak in somehow...? Anyway, it's just sweet that she is there with Arnold, unbeknownst to him. And she whispers to him in comfort and says that she loves him.

Then the next morning, he feels better, probably feeling a sense of Helga's presence, which is why he doesn't feel alone.

Anyway, I think we HA! fans know how tragic this day is in the history of the show. :(

But this is a great story!
Jae B chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
You might have written this in an hour, but it's definitely worth reading. I thoroughly enjoyed Helga's tension as she maneuvers her way around Arnold as well as the tears she sheds at the discovery of his plight. Don't ever say you're not talented, because you are. Keep up the great work and keep on writing.

-Jae-
That Dumb Wolf chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This has got to be one of my absolute favorite HA fics.

You won me over the very second I read 'witching hour'. That time of year is THE best. It can be calm, mysterious, scary and comforting all at the came time, and I believe you captured the whole range here.

And not just when it comes to the weather, but the actual emotions too. They're so easy to believe, so easy to see happening. Like a stranger watching from above.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go read this about a bazillion more times.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
A very touching story. Well done.

Keep the good writing.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
exllcent and touching fic ehre
V. Vichi L chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
It's beautiful. I don't know why but I just felt it. Beautiful. :)

I could see how much she loved him. It's so touchy. If only he knew.
Hm, I hope you'd make the sequel because, I don't know, I just need it. Maybe when Arnold knew that the strange voice was Helga? But if it's better like this, so be it. :)

I liked it and please update The Pink Ribbon that He Untied! I really loved it, you know.

Keep on writing!

V. Vichi L.
Miles Kaufman chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Man, pretty powerful piece. It flows very well, you can tell it was written in one sitting. And it deals with one of the topics I like best to read about: Arnold dealing with the loss of his parents. I enjoyed the fact Helga pressed her fist to where his heart was, great symbolism. Overall it's just fun to see how daring Helga is in this story, no longer content with sitting up on the roof peering into his room. No, she lays on the bed next to him, the lack of proximity would indeed lead her to such recourse later in her life. A solid one-shot with wonderful character development. :)
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
You wrote this in an hour? It takes longer to make chili in a crock pot!

But seriously, night is my favorite part of the day too, and you did a wonderful job of describing it, and it only makes sense that Helga would be with Arnold on the anniversary of the worst day of his life. I loved the "Should I, I can't, and I wish" doubts and longing swirling through Helga's mind as she's watching the boy she loves sleeping, and suffering his nightmare.

The best part was despite the sadness of it, and that Helga might not get recognition for it, or even realize she did it, but she comforted him, and he felt great the next day so Arnold awoke with hope, so the mission was a success.

I just say that because Helga was always there for Arnold whenever he needed it, and you did that tradition proud with this story, and I really enjoyed it.

Also stewing in a bit of envy too, actually.

"Now I must go rent a movie."

O! Transformers II: The Revenge of the Fallen!

Or Ishtar, your pick of course.

*Courtney and Miles cross their arms and raise an eyebrow apiece*

'Roar