Reviews for Kyoudai
ishkhanuhi chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Haunting, and beautifully written. I loved it. I loved Vash's serious voice that was still very much in character. Thank you very much for sharing this with us. :)
D-Watson chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Wonderful. Knives was such a sweet child in the manga, much more sympathetic than the anime made him out to be. I like how you latched on to the Japanese word and spun the story from there. It's funny when you think about it; Trigun is an English-speaking world where the word would have been "brother", plain and simple, but the amniguity of "kyodai" really opens the door for some guessing as to how Vash and Knives view each other. Nice job exploring that.
Celesma chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Short, but utterly amazing. I'm truly in awe of your gift with words... not to mention, this is one of the best portrayals of the twins' relationship I've read to date.
ani chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
damn... i don't know what to say. it's so in depth and still in chara. it's strange to see Vash so serious about his past with Knives specifically.

i love it!
plotbunnyprey chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
that. was. amazing.
toeki chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
awesome. i liked the part when they imagined what the sleeping people on the seeds ship may be...

and the little bit of wolfwood added to the story...
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I really enjoyed this. It's beautifully put together.
MarzBarz chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Since you begged, here you go ).

Really this was just the most honest interpretation of the relationship between Knives and Vash that I've ever seen. It was just sweet and poignant and full of strange sibling affection, that sense that no matter how much you hate your brother some times you will always love them. And the little bit of Wolfwood added in there was cool. But truthfully it's just so rare to find an interpretation of the relationship between Vash and Knives that is A) based on the manga and B) totally in line with how I think about their relationship that I was in love with this piece the minute I read it. It makes perfect sense to me and could completely be canon. I liked it D.
Sugar Pill chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Interesting. Very abstract in some places. Some of the sentences were a little hard to get through, but I suppose you could argue such sentences were dictated by the almost stream-of-consciousness style of this... and I'm always in favor of style over correctness. :)

I really like the idea of Knives and Vash making up stories about the sleeping people in the SEEDs ship. I've always imagined they would do something like that. It's also interesting you noted that the twins knew "more about math and fairy tales than anything about life"... so true! They were only about one or two years old when Knives caused the Fall, and while they're super intelligent, knowledge from books is much different than knowledge from experience. Makes you wonder that if Knives had been exposed to more people at an earlier age, maybe he wouldn't have damned the entire human race based on the actions of a few.

And I love the last line. Very poignant! After the complicated sentences leading up to it, this one line encompasses it all. Very nicely done. :)
Knives17 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
...deep
BAFling chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
That was amazing, Trisak. I loved reading this insightful bit of fan fiction and enjoyed every moment. You're a genius and this is definitely a favorite! XXOO
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Ach, this is very nice. Sometimes it seemed a little more in your voice than in Vash's, but I knew from the get-go it wasn't Knives. ...why no, I didn't read the summery. Not like I needed to, after seeing the category and title.

Anyhow, it was a very eloquent bit of character study. One bit threw me quite a bit at the beginning, huge eyes looking into the future wrapping in stories and so on. It took me three read-throughs to figure out what it meant, sort of. Which means it's probably mildly confusing to someone who's read the manga rather than simply had key plot differences explained reading it at sometime more reasonable than three o'clock in the morning. Speaking of which, I hate you, I'm severely lacking sleep before closing night of Henry, and I'm up to date on Girl Genius. All statements have causal relationship to one another.