Reviews for Symbiosis
DigitalMG chapter 56 . 5/4/2012
ALRIGHT! The final battle is almost here! I just can't wait, and great job on the combining attacks!

Anyway, you might know me as the person that favourite this story on your last update. To tell you the truth, I was going to review the last chapter but I just started reading this fic on that day and when I finish reading it, it's too late to review. Sorry.

Well then, I guest that's it then. Can't wait for the next one.
typecastwriter45 chapter 54 . 2/5/2012
Just binge read this all weekend. Just going to say that overall I found your story to be pretty good. Only two criticisms.

First, it never seems that the main characters are ever in danger. However that's kind of a problem of Digimon (except for season 3) in general.

The other problem is the RPG logic used in some situations. That's my only problem with the human characters (they're actually pretty interesting besides that) and some of the challenges they faced. I skipped the majority of chapter 52 because of this.

I find your strongest point to be the digimon themselves. Other than definitely needing fanart for them, I found them pretty interesting. I like their characters and they never overshadow each other or their human counterparts.

Alright, write more please.
Guest chapter 26 . 1/21/2012
Thank you for giving me another digimon based thing to obsess over-(mock sarcasim). But seriously the quality of this fanfic is unbelievably detailed and awesome. For some reason my brain kept asking the question 'No water or earth? That's awfully strange for something like this. Not even light'. But I realised that that's what makes it awesome. And it got me thinking or cool/appropriate animal to assosiate with other stuff. Like a sheep with thunder (Yes I know that it fits into Wind of Electricity but it's a completely different design. It's sound based) like a cloud looking sheep that got different cloud names added to it. Like Nimbus. Any way I'm rambling. Sorry to write such insane... Insanity but I wanted to get it out there.
The Silent Insomniac chapter 54 . 12/20/2011
Yeah, I could tell there's a slight difference in the level of quality, but I barely noticed it. Good enough, I say. Anyway, real life always first before writing fics. Amen to that.

Makes me wonder what else you got in store...

Well, I'm still curious with what you've got in mind with the merging, and if it has anything to do with the story at large. :D

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 51 . 9/5/2011
Extensive sabotage, ChaosDukemon & D'Arcmon no where to be found, and an overwhelming army attacking; what is a fittingly ironic way to end the second act! (Hopefully starting the third act, too!)

Once again, you've proven that your ability to direct the plot is unmatched, I actually thought Emperius would have succeeded, but then again, I didn't contemplate the parallels between the GW and the first Death Star too deeply.

Oh, the name retcon for Pyrokomodomon is nice - better flowing and more relevant.

Also, there's an out-of-context use of the word Pokémon, although I can't imagine how that got there...
tamersten chapter 51 . 8/31/2011
Dude...You're story is seriously wicked AWESOME. I can't get enough of it! Your likeable characters, the captivating plotline...man, I love it! Keep up the good work here, buddy!
The Silent Insomniac chapter 51 . 8/29/2011
And so the epic battle has finally begun. _

I've never done a massive scale battle like this before (or read one either), bu I suppose your work here is sufficient. While I would've gone for one-time OC's showing the macroscopic strategies being executed, you decided to tell us what happened not only from the omniscient narrator's POV but also from that of the commander (Gallantmon).

When the "fab five" finally turned up, I could somehow tell the chapter was going to end with their entry, not to mention their opponents lined up and ready to fight. It's going to be a great fight, and I can only hope this time you would focus on the more emotive side of fighting rather than the descriptive side you tend to pick.

Also, Emperius's odd leadership is showing, thanks to the rather clever defenses it use to shield the entry ports. :P
Guest chapter 50 . 8/13/2011
Starting off with a context error: "(Shockavimon)... we'd need for an attack on Libertius ..." (Can find it by copying that quote into CtrlF)

Also: "... We're gonna really have to step up or game ..."

Poor Reyn, it feels like he's forcing himself to explain, because he was deliberately vague to his friend Sky regarding an issue about Salmandemon. I was greatly surprised he chose to confide with him, given that a person would usually consult a third party for advice before confronting that someone on an issue, and that he wouldn't recognize any personality shifts in the first place. Also, I find it hilariously ironic that Reyn is afraid of personality death, also known as 'the little death'...

It's neat how you write for Breeze though, he has problems with pronouncing complex, compound words, which is something usually never represented literally in dialogue; in fact, one of the reasons I love this story is how it is presented as an entirely novel and self-consistent Digimon Season, even with dialogue that appears to written as a transcript, and is just begging for voice-overs. One could make fanfiction of this fanfiction, as a testament to the sheer greatness.
The Silent Insomniac chapter 49 . 7/24/2011
Until now I have a hard time believing you got into the Digital World arc without full plans. o_O well, at leadt everything's moving forwar and that's good.

Great to see you revisitrd an earlier lcation. That's good. Reusing places you've introduced in a story is awesome, especially when differing circumstances allow you to portray it in another light.

I liked how this showcased Isaac's first entry here and how the "new perspectives" applied to both him and The digimon leading the entire place-even nore surprising is how well he developed as a fighter. If he and Datacarnomon alone could give him a beating, there's no telling how strong the other four can get if and when their powers fully maturr. :D

As for your problem with translating mental images to expressive language, the best way to do that is to focus on words that invoke it. Don't cut straight to the chase-instead, beat around the bush. Focus on the most noticeable things as you don't have to fully describe something to promulgate the emotions a scene can stir. Concentrate on the activity happening, or something that REALLY stands out, and then infuse it with something that speaks for the environment or atmosphere.

Think of it like a dream-the human mind tends to generate things/images in the absence of fact, just to fill in the holes. If nothing cones up, then a blurry image usually pops up, with the items you so meticulously described emerging in full clarity.

Hard to explain, actually... But i hope it helped. :D
whitedorumon chapter 48 . 7/13/2011
*sobs uncontrollably* Noooooo i wanna keep reading *sniffle* i guess i have to wait then. i started reading this story yesterday... And i have to hand it to you its some damm good fanfiction, original too. Most people just copy one of the seasons... your idea i cant recall seeing Anywhere else. definently favoured.
whitedorumon chapter 21 . 7/11/2011
ahh... damm you to HELL! i cant stop readinggggg, what spell has thou fanfiction cast upon me? i wouldent be surprised if this was stolen for digimon season 7... Its actualy bloody brilliant and trust me when i say that IT TAKES A LOT to get me to say something like that. You should be proud of this story.

-peace out-
Guest chapter 46 . 6/16/2011
This current lack of background information or flashback for Salmandmon is brilliant, I didn't even notice that until it he started acting unlike my first impression of him.

In hindsight, it was well foreshadowed, given past run-ins with Emperius, and his experience with intoxicants and personal relationships...

Looking forward to what more surprises you have planned.
Guest chapter 45 . 6/15/2011
Libertius/Emperius, Israel/Palestine, Order of the Flame/Frigid Souls, now Sky Lords/Land Kings.

I like how you're developing the theme of hypocritical/ironic similarity.
Lightblade77 chapter 10 . 5/30/2011
I haven't gotten a long ways into the story yet, but I'm already wondering why you have so few reviews. This is a well written story that is much more original than any other digimon story I've seen on here. Well done.
The Silent Insomniac chapter 41 . 4/24/2011
Hmm so THAT explains why the story seems to have turned episodic (as far as the last few chaps are concerned). I won't be surprised if the next one or two are like that, but sooner or later you'll need to kick things up a bit.

I had a "grand plan" for my story myself, but strangely enough, when I started writing, I discovered that what I came up with wasn't detailed enough to cover everything sufficiently. Consequently, the overall flow of the story slowed to a crawl. What was intended to be chapter 2 became chapters 2 to 4. Chapter 7 became 12 & 13, and what was chapter 8 became 19.

You look like you're going through the same thing and my only advice for you is to pull up your outline and fill up the details until you reach the end of your fic. As much as I want you to get a move on with the storyline, I'd rather a story be ended on an open note than on an utterly worthless/illogical conclusion.

Effective planning is key, though I expect your characters to take a life on their own and hijack your plans as you continue to write. Just make sure their control doesn't steer the plot away from the "master plan". :D

Anyway, as far as your most recent chapter is concerned, damn those townspeople were immature. Very. It took external intervention to clear it up...

Though I kinda wished you'd just have Cyberrexmon blow the mountain into pieces. That would've been fun to read. (And probably hell to write XD)