Reviews for A Lot of That Going Around
Jazzola chapter 3 . 4/8/2011
Aww... love it! Thanks for posting :D

Jazzola :)
theHuntgoeson chapter 3 . 5/30/2010
What a perfectly wonderful final chapter - a banquet indeed. The dialogue for them both is so right, and the emotional shifts between them are gauged so well. That lovely sense of never wanting the moment to end, Caroline's intervention, "September Song" - the ideal song for that moment (and I hope that was the Walter Huston recording!), Gene's halting admission of his failure with Elaine;"The Manc Lion is the Hunt." (how true!); "inhaled the rest of the chocolate biscuits with the efficiency of a vacuum cleaner." - and I never thought you'd do an entendre so double as the "baggage" exchange! And a lovely epilogue for Luigi, telling us everything we need to know about how the lovers spent the night, without going into the details.

And I can't let this fic go without saying how much I enjoyed the "recipe" summary! More A2A fics on the menu soon, please1
theHuntgoeson chapter 2 . 5/30/2010
This is lovely - a beautifully paced diallogue, so true to both characters, with Gene showing both his insensitivity and his deep understanding and his capacity as healer and guardian, and Alex struggling with disappointment and the effects of too much alcohol. Some one-liners I wish the scriptwriters had used - "Or is it The Magnificent 'alf?"' "Gene Hunt, take two"; "There are berks all over London, Bolly."; "Maybe it's the novelty of getting a word in edgewise.". Complete with more neat references to "Oz" and the bittersweet knowledge that, even if Alex gets back to Molly, even her daughter will not be a constant. And thanks for the shout-out to Flicka von Stade - "You, who who know what love is..." How appropriate.
xAlex-Drakex chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Brilliant final chapter! Love Gene kissing Alex's shoulder when he whacked it with the cupboard door! Love Luigi finding her pyjamas on the street! Love it full stop! x
monkey-in-hell chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
Aw, lovely ending. Loved - '"Gene Hunt," he said testily, "does not get dumped."' And Luigi's disturbed night's sleep.
Solo Lady chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
This was absolutely wonderful! I loved how Gene and Alex went from rather quiet and reflective and down from being dumped - (Elaine dumping Gene? Foolish woman. But I'm glad he was free for Alex.) - to fun and teasing and finally very sexy. From the music to the biscuits to the pajamas on the sidewalk, all of details made for a great way for Alex and Gene to go from friends to lovers.

I liked Alex hearing her mother's voice and Gene's inspirational visit with Churchill. :) Luigi's little musings at the end were also funny and very interesting.

And you had me laughing out loud several times. Billy Crystal. Patrick McGoohan. The Manc Lion is the Hunt. Will and Amy Kane. Hazmat suit. Mr. Steak-and-Chips. And, best of all, "the upright and locked position." The last one nearly had me on the floor!

I look forward to your next story. :)
sash queen of the jungle chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
I trusted gene I knew that his heart always belonged to alex. Nice to hear the truth from gene and how we all see things differently and jump to conclusions. Thank you for this chapter. Is there more?
Siggy chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
A beautifully written chapter to round off an excellent story.

Gorgeously in character with sparky, deftly written and totally in character dialogue. I loved every word.
Eleantris chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
Brilliant ending! Your dialogue between Alex and Gene has been fantastically in character throughout, I loved it! The galexy bits were great too, and I just generally loved the whole thing!

"I was only ascertaining," said Alex demurely, her arms about his neck, her lips inches from his, "whether everything was in the upright and locked position."

So hilarious! You actually had me laughing out loud at that!

X D
allofmyheart chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
Funnily enough, episode 2 is as far as I've got so far in my viewing of series 3. And that was a lovely story - very enjoyable. I'm pleased to hear that your A2A muse has more in the pipeline!
Malena Hunt chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
Oh, this was just delicious. The music, the banter, Gene being gorgeous and lovely and vulnerable... I enjoyed this immensely and I'm praying that your muse will not leave you come Friday. We need more of these happy, uplifting fics after all the darkness on the screen. Thank you so very much for this. :)
Gem6 chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
Brilliant...what a lovely ending :-)

Gem x
Baibe chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
That was a loverly story, thank you muchly. x
liverdoc chapter 2 . 5/16/2010
lovely dialogue. I seem to remember the exact quote was "a very large wardobe with the key sticking out"...
Eleantris chapter 2 . 5/13/2010
Brilliant chapter, I especially enjoyed the Wizard of Oz references still littered about and you're keeping Alex and Gene beautifully in character. More soon please! X D