Reviews for The Last Spartan
jackjones15660 chapter 3 . 3h
I think the story could have been good... Except you took the humans of the Halo universe who suffered tens, he'll possibly hundreds of billions dead at the hands of aliens and u made them pathetic. It's like suggesting America would bow to the wishes kf Japan after they attacked pear harbour - it would just never happen. The would never give up and stop using their technological advances and restore to an inferior technology in almost everything just to please aliens - when aliens had been responsible for the deaths of billions. I understand you had to nerf humanity somewhat- clearly u dnt did not want to give them to many massive advantages... but really? Sad. I could have likes it otherwise.
Reiko x 3 chapter 51 . 19h
Sir, I very rarely plan out what happens in my fics beyond tracking major plot points. Everything that happens in between, including character interactions, is made up as I go. I like being surprised by what my characters end up doing and how they react to the situations I put them in. I realize that's a weird way to put it, but my approach to writing is also a bit odd. Long story short, I take advantage of the fact that I am a natural mimic and do my best to think like the character I am writing. I'm not me when that happens. I am the character in question. Makes for interesting results. Point is: do not feel bad about not knowing what you are doing. Often times, that is when you come up with the best stuff because you aren't restricted by a rigid outline. Your story becomes a living, breathing thing that is free to evolve as it will. It's more fun that way, and why else would we write if we didn't find it enjoyable?

Also I am still really enjoying this even though I know very little about the Halo franchise beyond the basics and a few characters. Obviously, Master Chief and Cortana are among the few that I know. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, though.
The Cartographer chapter 51 . 20h
Alright, I believe that in the nearish future one of two things will happen.
Number one: this fanfic is updated
Number two: the world will end.
Reiko x 3 chapter 34 . 22h
"No matter what happens, I win." ...Easily the best sort of victory one can attain in my opinion. Also, I am enjoying this more because I am a fan of Mass Effect than I am of Halo and I am enjoying the balance between the two universes you are pulling off. Both have something to offer with neither over-powering the other to an extreme degree. That is tricky to do with this sort of story, as I have gathered from other fics I have read in other fandoms, and you are doing very well. Will you be doing the entire ME trilogy? If so, I look forward to how that turns out. Also, I am loving Garrus and Tali...but then I always love Garrus and Tali. They are the only members of your original team to stay with you from start to finish. Even when Shepard was working with Cerberus they answered the call. Love them for that. Loyalty is a big thing with me...and those two are LOYAL.
Repicheep22 chapter 51 . 1/22
Yay! It's back! Looking forward to seeing this again.
Alkeni chapter 51 . 1/19
DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

Also, YAY! Update!
So, I was always told that you have to do a complement sandwich whenever you criticize another person's work. And, what that is, is when I'm going to give you a pro, and a con.

For starters, the good things that come in the story are vastly more numerous than the bad. Like for instance; The story is expressively well written, the plot is very intricate and detailed, and the characters have a depth to them that is rarely seen within a fanfiction.

Now comes the criticism. Like any persons work there are plenty of flaws that could be pointed out in this fiction, but instead of being an unnecessary Harper on the small details. I'm going to point out only a few major plot holes that I've noticed.

1.) First up, comes the master chief himself. While every other character is extremely well written, Master Chiefs character seems to be… Out of character so to speak. Now this isn't bad, but at the very least you should put a warning in the summary letting us know that one of the main characters is OC.

2.) Second major plot hole. This one many people have already stated but I'm not sure if they quite understand why. You presented a lackluster reasoning for the release of technology between the UNSC and the former members of the covenant alliance. Keeping in mind that through canon stories both humanity and the members of the covenant species have a long since had access to far more devastating and potential technologies than the mass affect universe, if you were going to rid them of this technology you should use a more definitive and logical explanation then what was given. I am all for the uniqueness of removing such technology even though it seems unlogical, but you need to improve the logistics when it comes to the story.

Now we close with the good.
Your story presents chapters at an excellent rate along with the appropriate word number, providing a constant standard of quality reading. For the few major flaws your story has you cover them quite well with the many different aspects that make up your characters.

All in all, I think this story has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing it and it's completed form.
Count not your flaws

Count your blessings
Nickels4915 chapter 51 . 1/17
Good to have ya back. Was a lil worried there
firestarter09 chapter 51 . 1/16
So, while I give this story... dare I say it some credit for being sell written and all that.

This story has several huge gaping issue, that is the master chief being so talkative, and basically being Shepard, not his character the Master Chief, if your confused by what I said let me explain.

He doesn't act like the Master Chief/himself he acts more like Shepard.

Another is the UNSC and their Swords of Sanghelios allies, giving up their tech to appease the Citadel species and being forced to use less useful Mass Effect tech...

It's a stupid explanation and idea is what im getting at... it really is dumb.
IT LIVES! Glad to have you back.
Legless1000 chapter 51 . 1/10
I'd just like to say, short chapter or not, I'm glad you're back!
5 Coloured Walker chapter 51 . 1/10
You're back, and I've finally had time to read it!
Thank you for returning, I eagerly look forward to more.
Shadowolf chapter 51 . 1/7
I love the story so far keep up the good work
CJ-T-Bone chapter 51 . 1/9