Reviews for Born Into Grey
iges2u chapter 14 . 10/10/2011
Very exciting story. Good story twist with David being a telepath and I liked the way you involved Londo in this story. Have you thought about sequels? Perhaps every few years till Johns death?
catherinelefey chapter 14 . 5/1/2011
Hello! I think I reviewed this a while back before you had finished it, so here I am now, equally impressed. I'll try to keep mouth shut about Delenn's charactezation this tine around haha.

I love that David is a telepath, and especially Delenn's line about how Kosh chose them to nuture and care for him because he has an even greater destiny then his parents. You are truly following in JMS's grand tradition of epic foreshadowing as well as putting in the "big picture". Delenn's rationalzation of her preception of David's death...chilling, but at the same time very in character in an odd way. We know Delenn to be a truly passionate, caring person. But she is Minibari, she is a preistess, and she is The One and she will always see the big picture. Also, it really jibes with the image of her struggling to adapt to motherhood, which I love (despite her caring personality, she wasn't raised with the whole family ideal the way Sheridan one; you always get the feeling Minbari are more detachted parents.) that she is able to more rationally accept David's death than Sheridan, simply because he's, well human.

Speaking of Sheridan, his characterzation was spot on. Him and Garibaldi were just...stunning. They really did bond, despite their differences, and their relationship was underplayed in the show. But here, where there aren't any heirarchies and Michael is a more secure person (speaking in terms of having Lise to sort of ground him) he really opens up it makes their relationship very touching. The "story time" at the end was adorable and prefect for Garibalidi, he would be the one to try and tell an infant an epic story involving time travel.

Are you keeping Peter Jursik tied up in your basement? Because Londo's lines were PREFECT. I was laughing and crying (S5 Londo always makes me want to cry, he's so tragic) and frightened for Bester all at once. Not to mention his reaction to David...priceless.

Bester was spot on here as well. I haven't read any of the psi corp novels, but based on what we see in the show this is very in character. I like that we see his hartred of the Sheridans come out, PsiCop Bester can be a little...detachted.

All in all, wonderful story. Thanks so much for sharing! i would love to see this arc with David expanded, it has a ton of potential. Sorry this is so long, please don't feel the need to go through it line by line because a lot of it is my 2 AM metas. :) Great job again, hope to see more in future!
Shadow Chaser chapter 14 . 12/28/2010
So I had to leave another review for you - great premise and definitely a good foreshadowing of future events. Though I am willing to bet you did not read the Psi Corp trilogy of books when you wrote this, it is still pretty believable that Bester would kidnap little David. I also like this alternate take that David is a latent, and probably VERY powerful telepath, maybe even empathic considering the strong emotions he conveys to everyone while just being a newborn.

I would very much like to see this story become a little mini series, an alternate take to what is canon in Legions of Fire trilogy if you will. _ Please?

Telepathic/Empathic David WIN.

-Shadow Chaser
Nyt Yanse chapter 14 . 5/19/2010
This was a wonderful end, though I am surprised at how Bester acted- I didn't think he had it in him. Great story.
Laudine chapter 11 . 5/15/2010
So I was on to it! Yay!

Understandably Delenn was hurt in the attack and the abduction of David, but I would like to see her in a stronger role in this. She may be more accepting of what David's future might hold for him, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't try as hard as she could to get him back.
Nyt Yanse chapter 10 . 5/13/2010
PLEASE update soon! These cliffhangers are giving me minor coronary's! This is great.
Laudine chapter 10 . 5/12/2010
So did some residue of Kosh pass from Sheridan to David? And if Londo is there...

Is this your take on how Londo got the Drakh Watcher thing into David's body? Or are they saving him for some grand purpose so that they can do it later?

Now you have me hooked!
Nyt Yanse chapter 8 . 5/11/2010
This was a gripping continuance, I'm desperate for the next installment!
catherinelefey chapter 6 . 5/9/2010
First off, PLEASE update soon! I'm hoping you're not cruel enough to let David into the hands of the Corp permantely but I will be on the edge of my seat until the next update. Great story; I haven't watched B5 in a while, but reading this story felt like coming home. You did a wonderful job with the characters-Garbaldi and Sheridan are dead on. I know Deleen is changed by David's birth, and that this story is more focused on David and Sheridan, but I was disappointed by the lack of, well, substance in her lines. She's such a strong character, and the danger that she and her son are in makes it seem strange that she's so subdued. Other than that, amazing job! Keep 'em coming, I can't wait for the next update. Thank you! CC
delightfully-so chapter 6 . 5/7/2010
Very interesting story! Great characterisation so far. Can't wait to see how little Da'vid develops.

More soon please?
CroatoanRoanoak chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Hi, finished the first 6 chapters. Really liking the story so far. Good amount of character development (good use of established canon) and the voices of Sheridan and Garibaldi are right. My only problem is Bester. One of the things that made Bester such a good villian is that he had a very dry, ironic kind of wit. I'm not able to picture Bester in my minds eye as I can with the others. Its hard to write dry wit if its not your thing. If I might make a suggestion: Watch some Bester centrric episodes to see if that helps to capture the voice. Some of the things that you have Bester saying just don't resonate right for me.
Other than that-great job.
Nyt Yanse chapter 4 . 5/2/2010
This is a fantastic story- I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter. Please don't keep us waiting!