Reviews for Echoes of the Forgotten
Phantomflower chapter 15 . 5/12/2011
Your story is amazing. I like the Ginga series, but there are not many that are this well-written.

I think Mayu's reaction to Cross is understandable. Given that she never came back from Akakabuto's attack and now is finding that she's alive, she might be in the right direction to think that her mother abandoned her.

If they can calm their tempers enough, I think that Mayu should eventually befriend George. He will notice the scars that still remain from Mayu's time in the Clan, and perhaps they could trade stories about their deceased siblings, maybe delve a bit into what happened with Cain.

Speaking of the Clan, could you move back to their POV temporarily to show what they're doing years after Mayu left and who is still alive over there? It wouldn't even have to be for a whole chapter. Mind you, I am not expecting the Grandmaster to still be alive as she was already elderly when they (Mayu and Mao) entered the Clan. But I imagine that someone is still alive and kicking.

Gin should make a short appearence if only to tell Weed that, like fathers and sons do, mothers and daughters have conflicts and it takes a while to resolve one like Cross and Mayu are having.

Because of the mention of Miney (who appears in a GDW manga flashback, but not in the anime) and George, I can tell you read the manga. But how many volumes have you read? There's up to 60 so I cannot blame you for not reading them all. I'm just wondering because this is currently unclear about what arc it is, except that its' after Hougen's death. After Hougen, there's the Monkey Arc where Weed meets his mate Koyuki and also (for only a little while) reunites with his older brother, Yukimura, the Russian Dog Arc where some mistreated war dogs used by Russian soldiers swim to Japan for territory and kill off Hakuro (one of Gin's old friends)...I wouldn't mind this being AU somewhat, but I think that there should be hints of some sort (i.e, dogs talking about monkey troubles or that their leader's brother has died, or hearing about German Shepherds who are from Russia that show no mercy on their foes, etc) if this is not AU (which I don't think it was intended as).

Still, this is a good quality story. I never mind an author taking their time, but keep going with this fic!
Kage no Sendo chapter 8 . 4/26/2011
...I suppoe you have t feel little sorry for Grandmaster,but she's still twisted.

Also, I spoke too soon- Mayu is screwed, hopefully not literally though...
Kage no Sendo chapter 7 . 4/26/2011
Aawww! Fluffy family bonding! So cute! A pregnant Mayu...Lol that would look funny. Weell..With Setsu's title being Container, and the Grandmaster breathing her spirit out... /
Kage no Sendo chapter 6 . 4/26/2011
Close call with Mao and Mayu...But nice save Alucard!

I'm glad you showed wha Cross was doing and feeling...I never looked at the relationship between Gin and her that way /

Lol what ifshe named th female Mayu? tht would be awkward when (if) Mayu and Mo meet up with Cross again.
Kage no Sendo chapter 5 . 4/26/2011
Looks like Mao and Mayu are adapting quite well... but I have a feeling going outside won't be a good thing...

Go Cross D She deserves to be happy with Ben after what she went through.
Kage no Sendo chapter 3 . 4/26/2011
Yep, Mao and Mayu are screwed... Except maybe Alucard will protect them... They're like lambs in a Lion's den...

Anyway, you love nuts characters don't you?

Joking,joking...Everyone knows nutters are funner.
Kage no Sendo chapter 2 . 4/26/2011
...I hope the rst ofthe clan isn't like Drake...If so..Than Mao and Mayu are doomed... But having a nuts Koga like Drake was a really good idea, since they even said they were cannibals in the series.
Kage no Sendo chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Neat idea. I always wondred wha happened to Cross's pups. Even if this isn't canon, I could see this happening.
Sandstorm.Amaterasu.Zira chapter 9 . 11/3/2010
Mao is dead...*howls in anguish*

great story btw
Sandstorm.Amaterasu.Zira chapter 7 . 7/26/2010
great story! too bad not many people know about Ginga or this story for that matter
Ookamii chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Wow! Nice writing, I am a huge fan of Cross. :)
Tiny Travesty chapter 5 . 6/27/2010