Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
anon chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
If this story was marked as 'romance and tragedy', I would have believed it. Because in the end it was a romantic tragedy.

But I'm glad you didn't mark it as so.

Because it gives the reader the imagination- the capacity of the mind- to se some sort of potential reconciliation in a possible sequel (probably not going to happen from you I guess).

Why? Because when I read the story in the context, I cannot believe (realistically) that Scorpius would leave Pansy just like that. Yes, it have harmed the relationship because of the hidden lies, but I wouldn't believe for Scorpius to drop her so quickly. Asp's (nice name btw!) threat would ring loud in their minds and with a functioning brain, one can connect the dots easily to identify the act of jealousy.

But until someone writes a sequel to this, this review will just remain a review.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2012

But I'm glad you didn't mark it as so.

Why? Because when I read the story in the context, I cannot believe (realistically) that Scorpius would leave Pansy just like that. Yes, it have harmed the relationship because of the hidden lies, but I wouldn't believe for Scorpius to drop her so quickly. Asp (nice name btw!)
anon chapter 1 . 11/19/2012

But I'm glad you didn't mark it as so.

Because it gives the reader the imagination-, he capacity of the mind- to see some sort of potential recon
Whispers in the Dawn chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
that was so sad
Whisper-x chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
One of the most amazing one shot's I've ever read. I loved it. Very sad ending though, I cried.
HollyVanDerBerg chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Aww poor Pansy!
Wlla chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Beautiful, but so, so sad.
The Darkest wizard chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
This is an amazing story!
scentasia chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
the ending was very sad. i wish Scorpius had believed her and they had a happy ending. But then againn, i wouldnt want u to change anything. Brilliant story, beautifully written. great job!loved it from the beginning till the end.
Eryk Lestrange chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
poor Pansy...
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
oh the endings so sad! :(
but this was amazingly written, and so realistic. i've only read three of your stories, but all three were amazing and this is the best of the lot (apart for possibly the one where scorp, al and rose are in ravenclaw. that one was brilliant :).)
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
This story has the gritty, rainbow-oil-slick-in-a-rain-puddle, broken-glass beauty of real heartbreak. Gorgeous, terrifying, and the last section makes my heart hurt. The darkest version of Albus I've ever read... and a romantic entanglement with Scorpius that has the raw, cut-you-and-it-really-bleeds feeling of bad, bad teenage angst and spite.

Yes. I _could_ see it coming, but I didn't want to, and I kept looking about for a way out, and there was none.

This version of Pansy is heartbreakingly human and very, very real. The lost child... oh yes, absolutely necessary. She's surrounded by ghosts. She has nothing left. It's _very_ post-war. Your endgame is swift, elegant, ruthless; you spare no one, and it's all plot.

Technical stuff: spaces between words got lost (too tired just now but I know I spotted them earlier); "worse for ware" should read "worse for wear". (Spellcheck strikes again.)
lilyalicezoe chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
aww this is so sad...but it was great keep up the good work
Breathe In Butterfly chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Wow, amazing story!
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Wonderful work... great description of emotions and amazing idea.