Reviews for So i have a crush on an axe murderer
Guest chapter 2 . 12/14/2015
Write more! It's great
Loveneverdies115 chapter 2 . 8/9/2015
Please update! I want to find out what happens next! This is a great story!
Sara chapter 2 . 4/4/2015
This is going to sound hella weird if you are even still checking reviews for this, but I watched the Shining for the first time yesterday night and I've genuinely fallen in love with this movie. Oh my god, I really AM in love with an axe murderer.
And I know that it's been five years (God, that sounds conceited) but would there be a minuscule chance of you continuing this story? My email is please please PLEASE let me know if you will or not :)
Thanks :)
Sara xx
Guest chapter 2 . 8/4/2014
Just read this:...need more...
Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2014
I like it! Keep writing!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Please update soon. They're aren't enough good fanfics about tthe shining and yours is very promising so far.
Lex-in-Affex chapter 2 . 10/6/2013
I just found this and think it's really good. Please update soon, I would love it if you continued!
ViceCityfan chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
Please update soon, this is really good so far! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 5/17/2013
Pooh!I'm usually scared of the this is really good!
CrazyPerson2671 chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
Okay, Excuse my french but...THIS IS SO FUCKIN AWESOME! And I'm with you there on the part Jack Nicholson is hot-it's afact that can be never over looked. Dont know if you'll update but I REALLY hope you do! THIS IS FUCKIN AWESOME DUDE/DUDETTE! See ya on the flip page! PEACE-age! ;)
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Neat start! :) I like it. Very awesome, as well as very well-written, too. :) Plus, I like the film version of The Shining (even though I also like the book by Stephen King, too), because it's so cool, and the character of Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) reminds me of me a little (since like him, I'm a writer myself). :)

Keep up your super-neat, very cool and phenomenally brilliant writing! :)
SomeoneWhoDoesn'tWannaLogIn chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
To tell you the honest and complete truth, I like the idea. I too am a fan of "The Shining". And I too fancy Jack Nicholson -I mean it's JACK NICHOLSON. I also like the idea of adding an OC into the mix; as her last name happens to be something as awesome as Jiroux.

The interesting blend of reality VS. fantasy is always a good plot device.

However, this is a critique.

My personal opinion is that (above other things), you should lengthen out Jack's attraction to dear Ms. Alyssa.

In your authors note, you say that you've started reading the book. Have you finished? Did you cry? -lol. Cause I did.

Anyways, I still stand by my sentiment. As Jack IS a married man, and he DOES have a child, the relationship between Alyssa and Jack may prove strained at times.

You should develop the first meeting a bit more. At what point in the story is this (hypothetically) occurring? If it's before Jacks imminent psychological break-down, you should flesh out his reactions more accurately. I've also written things for "The Shining". I always recommend to truly IMMERSE yourself in the story before attempting fanfiction.

Jack's character is complex, as is everyone in the novel/film.

My overall advice would be to change the first meeting...just a tad. In the book/film Jack gets pissed whenever Wendy (or anyone at that matter) interrupts him from the typewriter.

He's charming, rueful and clever...yes.

He's also irritable, stressed and distracted, though.

Try to infuse that in your story.

I do admit that Jack could and would be susceptible to the charms of an outside female.

Hell, in the book, he's gaga for the woman he dances with.

And have you ever seen the uncut version of "The Shining"? If you haven't...Room 237.

So, in conclusion, I will admit that I like the idea.

Just bulk up the story!

:) Sam
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 2 . 10/28/2011
Wow! Neat so far. :) I like it. Very awesome and cool. Very well-written, too. :)

There was a winding staircase that Alyssa recognized.

"this is the room where Wendy finally realizes that Jack is crazy!" she thought. She jumped at the steady clacking sound of typewriter keys.

Clack

clack

clack

"shit!"

"Jack?" Wendy called as she and Alyssa entered the room.

Alyssa's heart practically stopped beating when she saw the one and only Jack Nicholson sitting at a large desk. "no wait, he's Jack Torrence now, right?" she thought. Jack looked up at the sound of Wendy's voice, and his eyes widened at the sight of Alyssa.

"well now, who's this?" Jack asked. Alyssa blushed. She'd always thought Jack Nicholson was really handsome in The Shining, and seeing him in person just made her crush worse.

"this is Alyssa Jiroux. She got lost when she got in a car accident"

Jack frowned. "oh, well are you going to be all right?"

Alyssa giggled. "my, you two sure are concerned about a total stranger! But yes, I think I'll be fine"

Jack smiled. "well it's very nice to meet you Ms. Jiroux. It's not every day that I meet a pretty girl around here" Alyssa blushed as Jack took her hand and kissed it.

"oh, well... th-thank you!" she stammered.

Jack just laughed. "well Alyssa, you're welcome to stay at the Overlook. It is a hotel after all"

Alyssa nodded. "thank you both so much!"

Wendy smiled. "well I'd better show you around then and introduce you to Danny" she turned to Jack. "We'll see you later, ok hon?" she said.

He nodded. "yeah, ok" he muttered, his eyes never leaving Alyssa. She turned to look at him before she and Wendy left. Jack just smiled and winked at her.

Alyssa blushed again, her heart hammering in her chest as she followed Wendy. "this is going to be interesting" she thought.

Very phenomenally brilliant. :)

Keep up your super-neat, very awesome and creatively phenomenal writing! :)
mysticspectrum chapter 2 . 8/28/2011
I seriously like this story. I hope you haven't given up on it or anything cause I was kinda looking forward to it. Please write more!
mysticspectrum chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
*big grin* You ma'am have read my mind. Please oh please keep this story going. I love it so far :)