Reviews for In the Darkness is Where I Find Your Light
Danterevan chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
VERY NICE if a little confusing

D
Wait for It chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I use to skip over one-shots, but after reading over all of your Merlin/Morgana stories, they've become my favorites. This one is perhaps my favorite. You give the relationship such depth, as well as Merlin, and especially Morgana. Many Mergana authors ignore Morgana's side and write about Merlin "redeeming" or "saving" Morgana from herself and/or the darkness. This is fine, but in doing so, they diminish Morgana as a character more often than not. You fully explore Morgana and utilize lesser known versions of the Arthurian legends. The relationship between is incredibly strong between Merlin and Morgana when they are together, even when they can't always reconcile their views together. Your future fictions are brilliant in finally reconciling Merlin and Morgana together in a unique and fresh way. Sorry or the long review, long story short, you've become my favorite Mergana author and I look forward to future stories and updates. Thank you for your brilliant work, and please continue to use your considerable gifts.
ImperfectSystem chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
This is a great fic. Very dramatic, very romantic. Great!
Goddess-Divine-05 chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Very lovely, of course. 3
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
This is brilliant! I seriously love it! I loved how he learned to 'see' again. And that he will never know her sacrifice! (Which was what by the way...a particular future where they are together?) Awesome story!
Aly G chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
I really am beginning to love you for all the stories you write tht leave my crying. Weird statement right? Yes. But really, these stories are so beautiful, I loved this one for the insight it really gave into the characters... You are so brilliant!
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Have to admit it had me very confused for most of it. Still not sure I've got it all figured out but I liked it all the same.
Mnemosyne77 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
So, as you know, my brain not exactly functioning on the higher levels at the moment because work is all-consuming. So, when I read through this the first time I honestly didn't know what to say.

I LOVE the beginning; the quote at the front is amazing and then there's the battle and the sheer complexity of everyone's relationships. I mean, Arthurian mythology basically boils down to one big family squabble over power and so of course their relationships and interactions are going to be very complex.

But then they made Merlin blind and somehow that stoped the war (I always thought that Mordred started the war so why would Arthur's overtures for peace inspired by Merlin convince Mordred to consider a truce?). I can understand Morgana doing this to try for peace but Mordred going along with it I'm not too sure about.

I do like the implication that Morgana's determination to help Merlin strengthen Arthur so he can fulfil his destiny will ultimately result in Arthur and Mordred's death at Camlaan but that she did it anyway for Merln's sake. I believe that's very much in character.
And her quiet acceptance of the good things she has today over the potential of tomorrow is also very much a feature, I think, of a 'grown up' Morgana.

So, basically, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this but, I should say, it is possible it's one of the best things you've ever written.
tw200 chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Oh my you have such a hand, such a gift in writing and story telling it justs seems to flow effortlessly from your fingertips. I wonder if you have to work on it very much or does it just happen pretty much right without alot of effort. It is such a delight to read your stories, you can paint such pictures in our mind. Sorry for going on but you truly have a gift, it reads as if it just happens right the first time and so many people including myself are in awe of that gift. I don't know how exactly it works for you but it does and I respect that. You are also wise beyond your years this story is filled with wisdom and lifes lessons congratulations and thanks for the great story telling.
cake-ya-san chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
i liked the style of this fic. i was a bit confused about what it was that she was sacraficing...but that may be my limited knowledge of the merlin world (ive only watched a few episodes) lovely ending though
What the Badger chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Another great (freakishly long in the best way possible) story. Having been trying to read everything having to do with Merlin and Morgana, you took a fresh take on their relationship as a whole in a new perspective thananything I have read thus far. While others make it so they are secretly hiding away their relationship as if it's something to be ashamed of, you flaunt it, showing a way for them to be happy together and for everyone to know their happiness as description of how Blind Merlin can now do things he couldn't do before is magnificent and Morgana not coddling him worked out for the best in the end (as she always knows what's best). I love that it's still got Arthur as awesomely as he is now, but still showing pricklings of the king we have yet to behold.

As a conclusion, this story does not make me want to "chuck me" (gotta love John Casey). If i may say, it is pretty mindblowing.
WinterStorrm chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Another fantastic M/M - I've been saving it all day and it was worth it! xx