Reviews for Angel of Death
Syphon01 chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
interesting concept

your spelling could do with some work but I wouldn't mind a continuation of this store or another based on its concept.

andromeda with long range jump drives instead of that stupid slipstream would be an even bigger beast
EvilTheLast chapter 1 . 1/9/2016
It was a cute story. But I wish you had a part 2 where they meet the Colonists and they learn not only that they have an AI on the ship, but the ship is the AI. A heavily armored and armed AI.
GCT chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
Very clever, but you could spell and grammar check.
IE;

Angel of Death

The Andromeda Ascendant, the most powerful starship in the known worlds, and

flagship of the Systems Commonwealth, was currently in orbit around a gas giant,

topping off her fuel tanks with hydrogen. Rommie, the ship's Artificial intelligence

avatar, is on the command deck for her shift. It had been an uneventful night so

far, just the usual watching and waiting. Rommie looked over at the only other

crew-member on the command deck, her good friend, and chief engineer Seamus Harper.

Harper is sitting in the newly installed slipstream chair, reading a holo-magazine

that he had just bought. 'No doubt it's about the latest tech...or woman, thought

Rommie. That was something she admired about Harper, he may be a little short and

have a bad immune system but that didn't stop him from hitting on every woman he

saw, and then take a beating from said woman. He was also the best engineer she ever

had. A ping alerted her that the tanks where full.

"Tanks are full Harper. Refueling is complete."

"huh?...oh yeah that's great rom-doll, thanks." Harper said not paying much

attention, he was too focused on his magazine.

Rommie rolled her eyes, 'oh Harper, she thought. "Shall I bring us out of orbit?"

Harper looked up from his magazine and thought for a moment. "Naaa, where not going

anywhere soon, might as well stay here for the night."

Rommie nodded in answer. She retracted the ram scoop and went back to her usual

duties of being the ship's Artificial intelligence. She checked the crew, the

infamous and newly promoted Supreme Admiral Dylan Hunt, was sleeping in his

quarters. Beka Valentine, Trance Gemini, Telemachus Rhade, and most of her 4000

crew-members were also asleep. There were some crew-members still awake, but that

was normal. Harper was the only one of the command crew that was awake, as usual.

'He always stays up late working on some crazy invention or repairing something.

Tonight he said he had too much sparky cola and couldn't sleep and wanted to keep

her company. Rommie sighed, when Harper makes up his mind it's really hard to

convince him otherwise.

A ping on her sensors alerted her that a ship had seemingly appeared from no-where 1

light second from the Andromeda. Rommie was about to tell Harper when more contacts

appeared. When she saw the number she immediately activated her Point Defense Lasers

and extended her battle blades.

"Harper, 85 ships have just appeared 1 light second off our port."

Harper was immediately on alert. "Nietzscheans?"

"No, these ships do not match anything in my database." She put them on the view-

screen. Harper noticed there were two different types of ships, the first group had

two Y shaped hulls facing opposite of each other and connected with a center shaft.

The second group looked like flying cathedrals.

"Looks like starfishes." said Harper. "Indeed they do Harper, it is certainly a

unique design." replied Rommie.

"The vassals are made from an unknown metal, but there is some type of organic

compound in the hull. In fact it's even inside the ships as well." Rommie raised an

eyebrow "Interesting, the main computer core is also organic."

"Really?" Harper looked impressed and interested. Organic technology was nothing

new, Rommie's skin was actually organic, as were with most androids. But a whole

ship, that was not something you see everyday. "Have they seen us?" asked Harper.

"No, their only form of sensors are radar." Rommie was surprised by this. Radar was

horrible for use in space.

"Radar? You serious? asked an almost laughing Harper.

"Yes" replied Rommie. "They're also communicating using ...high bandwidth radio."

"RADIO!" at this Harper couldn't hold himself anymore and started laughing, however

a glare from Rommie silenced him.

Rommie straightened her body. "They have detected us, one of their ships is changing

position."

Harper looked at the view screen, sure enough one of the starfishes was moving

towards them. Then it disappeared in a flash of light, and then reappeared 10000 km

from their port. Harper did a double take. His brain was already doing calculations

trying to figure out how that was possible.

"Amazing, they seem to have a Space Fold Drive." said Rommie impressed. "The Vedrans

created one but it was to unstable and used too much power, so it was abandoned. I

wonder how they..." Rommie smile turned to a frown, then a look of anger crossed her

face.

"Those cheeky basterds!"

"What? what? What is it?" asked a worried Harper.

"They just tried to hack my systems." She looked at Harper. "I'm fine Harper, it was

a very primitive program." she said when she saw the look on his face. Rommie's eyes

widened. "They have opened fire on us!"

The Cybernetic Lifeform Node base ship launched a massive missile salvo at the

Andromeda, with many nuclear missiles in the mix. There were a total of 200 missiles

heading right for their unmoving prey. Normally, 10000 km was knife-fight range for

the base ships, the Cybernetic Lifeform Nodes expected most of the missiles to hit

their target. They were wrong. Andromeda's Point Defense Lasers immediately began

intercepting the slow moving missiles. Rommie identified the nukes and destroyed

them all in a second, she then turned her attention to the normal missiles. Rommie

shot them down at an incredible rate that was a testament to her capabilities. Out

of the 200 missile fired, only 30 remained. However, the two ships were so close and

some missiles were going to get through. Out of the 30 remaining missiles, 25 got

through and hit the hull...with no effect. The armor shrugged off the missiles like

harmless ping-pong balls. Rommie wasted no time at all, she fire a Antimatter

Particle cannon shot at the base ship, destroying it and the shocked Cybernetic

Lifeform Nodes inside.

"Well, that was much easier than I thought. They are extremely primitive." Rommie

said proudly. Harper through his magazine onto the floor.

"You know what, I'm tired of people always shooting at us! aw well, Fuck em. Fuck em

Running, and the horse they road in on." Said Harper, "Rom-doll destroy them with

the Antimatter Particle cannons!" yelled an angry Harper over the battle station

alarms.

"With pleasure."

At that moment, 12 Antimatter Particle cannons fired simultaneously all directed at

the Cybernetic Lifeform Node fleet. The turrets, designed to hit targets traveling

at 70 Percent, of the Speed of Light, and above, had no trouble tracking the almost

unmoving base ships. The Antimatter Particle blasts, traveling at 99% the speed of

light, reached their targets in less than a second. The results were shocking, each

shot hitting with 160 Mega Tons of force, destroying base ships and resurrection

ships with a single hit. Andromeda fired another salvo, destroying even more

Cybernetic Lifeform Node vassals. In two seconds the Andromeda had turned 24

Cybernetic Lifeform Node ships to useless junk. Andromeda fired again but she was

not alone, all the base ships launched every fighter, missile, and nuke they had.

However the act was in vane, the Point Defense Lasers intercepted the missiles as

soon as they left their tubes and destroyed fighters as they let the hangers.

Andromeda fired another salvo destroying 12 more ships, and another salvo destroying

even more ships. The Cybernetic Lifeform Nodes, seeing that they lost 60 ships in 5

seconds, spooled up their Faster Than Light drives to jump to safety. Rommie

detected the increase in energy and checking her Vedran archives realized her

attackers wanted to run. 'Cowards Rommie thought. She had no intentions of letting

them escape. Rommie, who was still angry that these idiots tried to hack her,

decided to show them true cyber warfare. A powerful signal reached out and hacked

into the Cybernetic Lifeform Node network. Rommie unleashed her full mental might

onto the mad Artificial intelligences, passing through defenses like they weren't

there. She twisted and changed the coding in ways the Cybernetic Lifeform Nodes

could not understand, and then left terminator programs behind her that acted like a

storm of angry termites, deleting anything in their path.

"Wow! GO ROMMIE, GO!" Harper shouted with glee as a base ship exploded from a

reactor overload. Rommie smiled "Thank you Harper."

"I'll admit, this is the easiest battle I've ever been in." Rommie said. Harper

looked at her, 'man she actually looks bored! thought Harper.

"REPORT!" yelled Dylan as he and the rest of the crew ran into command deck. All in

their pajamas.

"Hey Dylan, nothing bad is happening, just rom-doll being the baddest ship in the

known worlds."

Dylan chose to ignore the young man and focused on Rommie "What happened?"

"A fleet of 85 unknown ships appeared one light second off our port and opened fire

on us." Dylan's eyes widened when he heard the number of ships. "Not to worry

admiral the ships were very primitive, I destroyed most of their fleet, I'm mopping

up what's left."

"Yup that's my rom-doll, the Angel of Death." Harper stated proudly. Rommie raised

an eyebrow, Dylan grinned, Rhade rolled his eyes, while Trance giggled at harpers

comedic attitude.

"Remind me not to piss you off." said Beka.

"Who were the attackers?" asked Rhade. He didn't like when they get ambushed, but

this attack failed horribly so he wouldn't complain.

"From what I gathered, they called themselves the Cybernetic Lifeform Nodes, and are

a race of sentient machines that appear to have gone insane, by my standards. This

fleet was preparing to attack a civilization known as the 12 Colonies of Kobol."

Dylan nodded and looked at the view screen, the last Cybernetic Lifeform Node ship

destroyed itself. "Well we may have just save countless lives, good work Rommie."

"Thank y
Sivartius chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Um, I've only consistently watched season 1, but Dylan ALWAYS wants to talk and work things out peacefully, if it is even remotely possible. He would have no way of knowing what Cylons were like. Also, if the ship has a full crew, why in the world is there only one person on deck? Harper came across like himself though.
German Writer chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
Unfair for the Cylons, had they realy to try and attack the 1,6 Kilometres long Warship that can take them apart in mere Seconds? Cavil has realy fracked here, this was the greatest defeat they ever had and fuck, they are tecnologically, aside from being able to FTL flight, on our Level, they can't win even if it were 2000 Basestars against the Andromeda with only her Start Series Crew, hey she needed only them to take out a Fleet of Warships in much greater Numbers and with much more Firepower, all alone and she stands most of the Series alone against the entire Universe.
erik chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
A great reality check for the Cylons and an excellent scene-setter for more stories.
Talon5Krrde chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Don't they make contact with the "12 Colonies of Kobol"?
serack chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
"_"
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
This story really needs a beta-reader!
But it is very funny.
thunder18 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
enjoyed reading this chapter
axel100 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This is OK. A variation on a common theme in Fanfictions crossovers. Substitute the Enterprise from Star Trek or the Prometheus/Dadelus from Star Gate and you have the same story told by a dozen other authors. Well written sure, but still a bit repetitive.
Dur'id the Druid chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Haha. And that is why you try talking first. Any kind of sequal?
ElldenStorm chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This could be fun with the Cylon side, and perhapes a follow up chapter with Andromeda going to investigate the 12 Colonies! How would the Colonials react to the Baddest Warship in the Known Worlds arriving with word of an averted Cylon attack? And how would they deal with Earth's fate and status?

I liked it!
stark40763 chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Oh Man! The Cylons are a bunch of imbeciles! They definitely got what's coming to them...
Seze chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
That was a great one-shot, I never get tired of stories where the Cylons get their zealous arrogant asses handed to them. Hope to read more from you. Maybe you could write another one from the Cylons perspective?