Reviews for A Process of Evolution
Queen Thiang of Siam
As a mother to her two precious children and the chief care taker to the 65 children her husband has, she has more troublesome time with the children than Anna with her son Louis. Like her blood daughter, she is bubbly, vivacious, gentle, nurturing and motherly, and also free spirited, queenly and encompasses all the virtues of the high queen's grace. Unlike her husband, she never resorts to acts of violence unless it is necessary and is more of a diplomatic, peaceful and understanding monarch, making her a reliable, understanding queen to her people as they all adored and worshipped her. Being one of the oldest princesses in Indonesia, Lady Thiang also had many experiences of culture shock when she first arrived in Siam and shared such experiences with her friend and confidante Anna. Among the wives and courtiers, she is the most outgoing and sociable monarch and senses that Siam needs a change for the better. Despite her gentle, pacifistic demeanor, Lady Thiang is also fierce, witty and couragoues, even going as far to scold the snotty English ministers for putting down her son. She is the moral compass of the story, placating her husband's temper, teaching her son and daughter all there is to know about being king and queen, as they are both bred to be, the friend to Mme Leonowens and also the chief caretaker of te King;s many children. Despite her husband having many other wives, she never got jealous of them at all and treats the other wives with great kindness. She is also adamant of Lady Tuptim being executed despite of such deeds and is also a dominant and obedient figure, although she knew what was proper in the court, she is an outspoken woman and the smartest wife of them all and never afraid to speak out her mind.
kitkatraina chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Just brilliant
GreenAngelHeart chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
I'm crying. Beautifully written.
Silent Sound 715 chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
This is a wonderful story! I was so happy to find this little gem. The ending was both heartbreaking but beautiful, and made sense for the story. I'm caught between I'd love for it to continue and that its ended in a perfect place. Thanks so much for sharing!
DONOVAN94 chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
This was a beautifully written and wonderfully heart wrenching hidden gem! No other way to describe it.
I believed in the romance, I was tense with the frustration and yearning from the desire. My heart broke when it ended, wishing for a happy ending - even though I knew there couldn't be one.
You mastered this story absolutely perfectly, and I adore it for that.
Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
What if Louis's elder sister Avis came along...and Chulalongkorn fancies her?
Then ALL of his brothers will help him chase after Avis and they act like idiots.
EyreGirl chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
This was absolutely wonderful that I actually crying. This is one of my favourite movies. You did an incredible job and thank you for sharing.
KrystalFlare chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Beautiful, simply beautiful... I wholeheartedly commend you for the utterly fascinating, deliciously intricate and heart wrenching rendition of the "inner workings" of the characters. While I have not had the chance of seeing the play version, or reading the book, I have loved the movie ever since I first watched it.

While simple in nature - without an excess of flamboyant wording - your exposition of thoughts and feelings is incredibly well done and it so easily drew me in from the very first lines, until I was unable to tear away from it until I reached the very end. I daresay I have even learned a thing or two about how to describe emotions, and I will put that knowledge to good use in my own works. And for that I wish to thank you for this wonderful piece of art, which was as soothing as a spring breeze, and yet as overwhelming as a thunderstorm.

By coincidence (or maybe fate?) I had just re-watched the movie, a mere couple of hours before I stumbled upon your story and my dear... your version is so well done, it felt as if I was experiencing an extended version of the film. Finding your story has been what is likely the final push I need to go back and polish my own version of this wonderful and tragic romance; and perhaps I will gain enough courage to make my own version public, so thank you for that as well.

But this story will most definitely remain as one of the precious, rare pearls I have found on this website.

Don't ever give up writing, because you have incredible talent, and such deserves to be honed and continuously developed. I wish you all the best and I hope the muses will continue to bestow wonderful inspiration upon you.

Best regards,
KrystalFlare~
nochance chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
This story has made me a wreck. It's so beautifully tragic.
IggyInin20218 chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
I may have not liked this version of the play, 'Anna and the King', and much preferred the King and I with Yul Brynner however your adapted pieces was so beautiful, emotional and amazing that I couldn't not fall in love with it. :) Your fic grabbed a hold of me and had me appreciate 'Anna and the King' more than I did before. So thank you for writing and sharing your fic with others to enjoy and love as well.

P.S. I am kind of bummed that she had to leave, but it's an another lesson of life that had to be learned while accepted. :( It's part of growing. Again thank you. C:
j'aime.volonte chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
I think I've read the flashback in the schoolhouse over a dozen times... **sigh** This was wonderful. Thank you!
KylieCreations chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I adore this. You are a fabulous writer. I love that you chose to write something from Anna and the King. I adore The King and I, but am far more fascinated with the relationship as it's told in Anna and the King.

Not only did you keep this true to the movie, but you created moments that fit so perfectly that I could see them in my head. Their kiss at the end of this was brilliantly done.

Many kudos.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Absolutely beautiful.
Feuerkindjana chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
"I think king not only one who...appreciates...English roses." *sigh*

what a beautiful version of that film. there is so much depth in your words, entangled with those scenes from the movie... heartbreakingly beautiful.

thank you.
Rakaakakka Bowtie chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Heartbreakingly beautiful, I am currently doing The King and I as a musical and I wanted to see if there were any fanfictions about it... I am immensely priveleged to have found this story. God Bless You