Reviews for The Hand of Fate
Pebblepaw chapter 27 . 4/8
I feel bad for Harry, tom has been corrupted since birth, I'm not being inflexible, I'm being realistic

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, Harry will stop tom from going down a dark path but it will be at a price of some sort,
Harry is always going to love tom, but tom doesn't love him, tom said it himself "we are more like friends"

Well...this would be the case IF it was my fanfic, u might not do ANY of the stuff I just talked about in this on
amy chapter 27 . 4/6
I love this keep writing and posting.
4shikii chapter 27 . 4/4
you havent been updating this for a while and im becoming worried. I really do like this fanfic and hope the next chapter would be up soon.
Belle'Masque chapter 27 . 3/21
Love it! Can't wait for more!
Holding my breath for the next part!
Belle 3
Hellblazer chapter 27 . 2/21
I really enjoy your writing style and the way you work Harry and Tom's relationship!

I do have some timing questions though... The year in which Harry had obtained the teaching position was 1938 and in the following chapter, you wrote it was now 1939. But then Harry's thoughts say that he's been teaching for a few years, but its really only been 1 year. On top of that, Harry was 18 when he adopted Tom (age 9). Now he is 21, which means its been 3 years and Tom should be 12, meaning he should be in second year since you start Hogwarts when you're age 11. Yet, Tom is now in third year...?

Maybe I missed something? I was just wondering :)

I hope you update soon, as I can't wait haha.
I really love this story you have written. Please keep posting!
Colette Hyuga chapter 27 . 2/9
Loved it! the strange slytherine friendship with abraxus, olderbrotherslashfruend relationship with tom.
rayningnight chapter 27 . 2/1
Oh gosh, this is absolutely wonderful!
The story is truly a gem; I loved every bit of it. The interactions between Harry/Tom and all the others are so IN CHARACTER! Although Tom is less a sociopath than I'd imagine, this is definitely better than half those timetravel fanfics I've read so far. You made Tom a child, a HUMAN child, if more intelligent than the norm, than a manipulative overdone adult stuck in the body of a child.
You captured Tom Riddle, without actually making him a) stupid, b) OOC or c) Lord Voldemort.
Because he isn't the latter option ...yet.
When will you be updating this masterpiece? I'm curious how you'll continue this... especially with Tom learning Legilimency and Occlumency.
You know, I just realized something - does Harry even know the Mind Arts? Or somewhat proficient at them?
I'm also curious whether this will have any pairings later on. Honestly, I'd like to vote for this to remain general, especially in regards to Harry/Tom bromance (I can't imagine them as anything more or less than siblings) and with Harry/Albus or Harry/Abraxas...
Yeah. No. I can't imagine the former (I can't imagine Albus with anyone other than Gellert), and the second is a bit sketchy (...isn't he supposed to procreate Lucius and, ergo, Draco - Harry's rival in the future?), but I'd be open for an OC if you really want a pairing.
...Then again, I'm actually rooting for GEN.
Oh well.
Can't wait for you next update!

-Rayne

PS: Oh, I'm truly dreading when Tom finds out about Harry's past... future... thing...
Eurwen de Vrill chapter 27 . 1/24
I think I'm not exaggerating when I say this is one of the best time travel fics I've ever read.

The relationship between Harry and Tom is touching and sweet, like brothers, and I love how Harry is the most popular professor at Hogwarts. Wonder what McGonagall would be like as a DADA teacher?

As for Dumbledore being Headmaster after Dippet, well, I think the role of Deputy Headmaster would naturally fall to Harry, seeing as he's favored by Albus and the student population already.

I can't help but be wary of Abraxas, who seems to want something... romantic from Harry. It's just my preference but I think I'd like to see one story where there aren't any pairings, instead focusing on platonic relationships.

Great style of writing, realistic portrayal of Tom Riddle, and I look forward to when he inevitably discovers his Slytherin heritage and the basilisk.
purple sky always chapter 27 . 1/14
I wonder what Abraxas wants from Harry.
Sitanya chapter 27 . 12/29/2013
I hope for an update soon ! it is an interesting story
Lendrir chapter 27 . 12/16/2013
I can't wait to read more about the relationship between Tom and Harry. It's very soft, I think, compared with other stories about time-travel that tend to be rather dark with lot of angst feelings.
It's a pity that the chapters are a bit short. I'm not saying this because I want to annoy you. It's just because I like this story and I would like to read more.
Thanks for the story and please continue!
iluvfairytale chapter 27 . 12/5/2013
Love this fanfiction not much to say than that
Orcux chapter 27 . 11/16/2013
If the simplest path of life was really the most perfect existence, I think it would make me feel a little better about the life I'm living now. Recently I've been wondering about what I'll be doing after studying, working to a ripe old age and then... what next? It all feels a little dreary to me, monotonous in fact, but I wouldn't know how else to live.

Well rather than boring you with details of my life, let me just say this- your story is fantastic. I love how Harry went through time to stop Tom from becoming Voldemort, not through force or abruptly falling in love with him at first sight, and instead forms a steadily growing bond. That "I love you" in the latest chapter certainly didn't feel rushed, it was just right, and reading it made me smile, as I'm sure all your readers did. I've got to admit that I'm a diehard fan of slash, but I'm not opposed to this rather pleasant relationship between Harry and Tom at all (I'm not quite sure what to call it).

Write on, you've got the talent for it!

Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
Established Insanity chapter 27 . 10/30/2013
I love this story! Whichever way you intend to take Tom and Harry's relationship, it's brilliant. I really hope you will write more of this.

On a side note, I quite like your short chapters. Almost drabble-like, and as you said, the characterisations and thoughts of characters stand out quite strongly.

Anyway, I am eagerly awaiting an update.
1,355 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »