Reviews for A Brief Respite
mttmercado chapter 7 . 2/27/2013
this was beyond great
Andu1991 chapter 7 . 12/3/2011
Aww what a dramatic and cute story nicely written of you..

I had to laugh at the scene where Lightning was baking with Lebreau (i don't know how she's written ') , it was a nice imagination in my head xDD

The Ending is good too, but it also leaves a few things open to the readers mind, i personally would want to know what happened after that, if lightning confessed too..? but well thats your story so you're the boss xD go on writing stuff like this D
mttmercado chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
i did read the epilouge to

lol snows so slow

and i think this was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

and i see this as real realistic, lebaru is like, one of my fave non main charecters, and shes shown just enough to get a small idea of wh she is, but not enough where the writer would have to be the one to pick an ultimate personality,

and lightnings still lighting ]
Sox765 chapter 7 . 1/10/2011
I love this story I can't wait for more :)
Fayneir chapter 7 . 1/1/2011
Absolutely brilliant. From the beginning it gripped me and wouldn't let go...not that I ever wanted it to. Not a lot of Lebreau on here, or anywhere for that matter, its a real pity. Anyway, the cliffhangers were very well done. Once again, this is absolutely brilliant.
FireBadCloudsPretty chapter 7 . 8/9/2010
Yay love it! :D Been through this too. Dated a 'stoneface' who was just as insecure as I was about the whole relationship so we put up walls and created all kinds of misunderstandings. It didn't work out in the end. We're not even talking any more. I'm glad your heroins are doing better than we did. :) I love your story and can't wait to see updates. :) Thanks for writing this... even though they're fictional.. I can experience what might have been vicariously through your characters if things had turned out differently. Not to sound weird :) But.. it's oddly comforting. And for that, thank you again! :)
jquackers chapter 7 . 7/20/2010
MUAHAHAH, YES. She forgot the key, Lightning chased after her after realizing a lot of people knew what was going on between them, and then they kissed. Woohoo for Serah slapping a bit of sense/realization into Light. :P

Hahah, thanks for this great story! I'll be headin' on over to your livejournal now, to read the epilogue. :P
jquackers chapter 6 . 7/20/2010
Argh, YES, this cliffhanger is even worse than all the others. I'm so glad you're done with the story. I don't have to wait anxiously for the next installment. But you're still so evil.
jquackers chapter 5 . 7/19/2010
I found it cute when Lightning tried to hold three plates like Lebreau, but couldn't. Even cuter when she didn't want to help with the baking.

My lord, thank god I didn't have to wait for an update. You really are gay for cliffhangers. LOL. And they're really good cliffhangers, too. Every single chapter so far.. You're evil.
jquackers chapter 4 . 7/19/2010
I really like how you switched scenes there, by using the "Just" to connect it. I'm hoping Sazh will help Lebreau out some more throughout the story. And a sudden move to two days? Seriously, Snow? What were you and Serah thinking.. Okay, after everything they're asking for, I'm starting to feel bitter toward them. Yeah, Lebreau's their friend, but they really don't have the right to tell her the wedding has been moved, AND pile the cooking, baking, decorating, AND tailoring task on her. Can't they do something too? And why the hell can't they just wait? Ugh, stupid.. Selfish move there.
jquackers chapter 3 . 7/19/2010
I like how you write Lebreau as someone Lightning feels she can relate to. It really breaks down a lot of barriers, and allows them to get closer easier.

I absolutely love your line, "I'm so gay for cliffhangers," by the way. I forgot to mention it in my last review. I find it hilarious. LOL.
jquackers chapter 2 . 7/19/2010
With that last line, we can all guess what'll happen next..
jquackers chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I love your style of writing. It's alluring. The inner debate, all the emotions and thoughts running through Lebreau's head.. You executed it amazingly. And when you brought up where her clothes were, I laughed at all the places they ended up. Glad Lightning didn't chase her away. :P
Beth Cyra chapter 7 . 7/4/2010
Must say I liked the story, hadn't really considered it much but this and another story really got me intrested in the pairing and now I must say that I think I have finally found a pairing that I like for Lighting. Up until now I didn't care for LightXVanill or LightXFang, I would read LightXSerah but still it always felt a bit off.

So I must say I am glad I checked it out, only problem is doesn't seem as though they are that popular even if they should be.

The only thing that really bothered me about the story was how Light regressed back to her seeming dislike of Snow when at the end she had made peace and really cared for him as his future sister in law. That and I like Snow because of his love and devotion to Serah.

But other then that very nice story, I don't know if you plan to do any more LightXLebreau but it would be really nice if you did so.
Shirokurou chapter 7 . 6/13/2010
Nice story...

Though throwing the last chapter to your blog was sort of a cheap move...

But otherwise I really enjoyed this. The story doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but it's well done and your narration is fun to follow (though the POV changes were hard to discern at times).

And Lebreau needs more love as a shipped character...
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »