Reviews for The Perfect Lord: Harry James Potter
DarkAngelBoi70 chapter 16 . 9/25
I vote for age 14...should give the story a nice boost
Pedro52 chapter 1 . 9/13
yeah he definatley needs tocut down aittle a bit no offense his doing more than hermione did with the time turner and she broke in poa
TBM10 chapter 16 . 8/25
Dont change the age, itll make things a bit strange and by 14 people are too set in their ways to actually be able to adapt easily to wizardry specially muggleborn.
AriusGrey chapter 16 . 8/25
Love the story.

I think you should keep it at 11, but I only say that cause I'm unsure how you plan to implement the other things that happened in the hogwarts years within just the time frame of 14-17. Unless you plan to extend the years as well from 14-19. or something. Cause you still have Sirius, the triwizard tournament, and Umbridge to delve into-if you plan to do that-and it would be difficult to do that and develop what he's doing now. (I'm secretly voting for a Boss-Level Potter during fourth year). And though I love this story, I believe you could bring it even further to life if you add some struggle for his character. I hope you don't take this as a reviewer trying to crouch in on your territory cause it is your story and I loved it (must have liked it enough if I read it to the end in one day), but if you're struggling with coming up with some things to add to stretch out the years, a bit of conflict will add to it. Will barty crouch jr. begin to actually like him while he's playing moody? Will he begin developing feeling for one of the members of his study group? Vice versa? Will that cause problems? Knowing that what he knows about Sirius from his parent's works, will that change how he feels about him? Remus? Since he has the scar, is it a horcrux? Will that play a part in his future? ...Questions like that are things I'm wondering about your story.

Looking forward to your next chapter and all that you're getting ready to do with it. Feel free to contact me if you ever need someone just to bounce ideas off of, I'm always down for helping a fellow writer. And don't take any of what I wrote personally cause I didn't mean anything negative.
Til next time, ta-ta.
Hearts Tempo chapter 16 . 8/22
Amazing story, I quite like it
Snowball1982 chapter 16 . 8/19
Thank you for the story. Snowball
JPElles chapter 16 . 8/17
Just making abbreviated years and making them uneventful is fine I think. A couple stories have done it. Plus that way Harry can study things and learn the basics of a lot of things in the first three or so years. Like Runes, Animagus, other things like metamorph or something.

One premise i've only seen once or twice that's fun is Harry is a year or two older than in canon. Meaning he's in the twins year. Tonks is still a 4th or 5th year etc... Plus no need to do the Sorcerer's/philosopher's stone etc...
Dawn of Erised chapter 16 . 8/12
Why would you need to change the Hogwarts years at all? This iwill add a great conflict into Harry's life where he will leasrn all he needs to without being able to actually do anything. It's perfect - because your Harry is going to become OOC which is natrually understandable, having the readers see how he overcomes and builds his new personality and characteristics will give the readers more empathy and feel that this growth is natural. Instead of, as usual in these types of stories where harry suddenly is 'goth' and smoking or gets piercings, without any bac story and suddenly turns into a Mary Sue.

Keep the Hogwarts age at 11, build Harry's character and your own writing abilities by having Harry find ways to work around the issues and things in his way, how does his cunning develop. How will he practice his abilities. Will he get everything ready for himself in a few years time or will he need to rush everything last minute.

Does Harry's lack of magical maturaty have him struggle while his relatives watch on? Goading him and telling him that they were right only for them to eat there words in a few years? Brilliant!

Have him learn all he needs to before puberty takes a hit at him with a giant bat. Have Harry and us delight as he masters something he previously couldn't. Does Harry use too much magic and passes out, nearly having fatal consequences for him becoming Lord Potter? Will he learn from this? Good.

All these things add growth. builds character, stops unnecessary filler chapters, will help with writing material.

Easier to relate to Harry, or easier for oyu to write a few more chapters until you end up writing yourself into another corner and needing to stop. Sure it'll take longer to write initially but the chapters you do write will become inspiring to you too.

A story with no conflict of any kind is simply a top 10 list of how to do instructions, guides and rules. No one wants to read a rule book. :)

Hope this helps
daithi4377 chapter 10 . 8/7
Wow total silence from Hogwarts...just wow
daithi4377 chapter 9 . 8/7
Why would Hermione even attempt to lie all that does is make it harder to trust her in future. She was there because of insults and slurs from a classmate trying to make out she is a female version of Draco and his arrogance just was not going to cut it.
nervous about facing those older? You do realize he is the youngest in hogwarts right? These details are what gives quality to a story man.
daithi4377 chapter 8 . 8/7
Lol glaring at a student because he figured out how to cast a spell first is rather petty lol.
daithi4377 chapter 7 . 8/6
Lol so no Golden trio...thank god lol. My only question is since he took books and hugs robes out if his trunk and put then in his book bag why didn't he just keep his trunk shrunk until he reached Hogwarts? Would have made him a lot less conspicuous?
daithi4377 chapter 6 . 8/6
Hogwarts is not going to know what hit it..Dumbledore will definitely not be expecting this Harry Potter!