Reviews for In Spite Of Shadows
Shengkai Wang chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Waow... I must admit that I don't know a lot about the MelloxHalle but, I always imagined their relation like you discriped it! It's amazing, really good job!
I love the way you discribes mello feelings, it's so full of truth and feelings that, one day, I've felt. I am always young but, more we are going, more we are becoming adult fast...
That was an amazing, really amazing OS and I hope you'll continue to write!

Moon

PS: If you could go on my profile to read my fan poem about matt and Mell it would be nice :) If you can't no problem neither!
HoshisamaValmor chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
the emotion and descriptions were very good. all the paralelisms of Halle and Near were something I had never read before, and very well written indeed.
Queen of Dreaming chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Oh, so much fic to catch up with...
I don't usually like this pairing, but I like this, a lot. The descriptions at the beginning - "she is flashes of a blonde that's nearly white; she is the shine of swirls of sweat against the cream of he skin" - even if I didn't already expect the best, that would have kept me reading. The explanation for Halle's half of it was fitting, and that moment with her focusing on the hesitation was wonderful. Also, I loved the idea of Halle equaling Near in Mello's mind, and the exploration of Mello's relationship with him. Was Near the "someone else" here? That's definitely the impression I got, which was a bit of a surprise but it fit really well, and it was overall a good work. I have got one little quibble and a typo to catch, though - the shift to Mello's perspective was a bit muddled, and you wrote "hear" rather than "here" in the description. Other than that, beautiful.