Reviews for Detach
Lupinesence chapter 3 . 5/18
Love this fic, it's one of my favourite ENT fics :)
Cap'nFrances chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
Very interesting story. I wouldn't have thought of Trip as one of the most helpful people in a situation like this but it makes sense.
The Flaming Dragonfly chapter 3 . 6/11/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Your enthusiasm came through your writing. I commend you on your imagination, and I really like the way you made the entire situation sound so plausible. I could definitely see this as an actual episode (if the show were still on the air!).
jazzy2may chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
very sweet! _ loved it.
LinZE chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Fab! As an angst queen I would perhaps have spent a litlle more time with Malcolm in torment but I loved you take on the situation.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you continue to write,

xLx
Dragon Tamer103088 chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
This was very entertaining. I love the way you worked the emotions into something Malcolm could physically feel...and I realize that this story is now complete...but at the same time, I'm really wishing you'd keep going or make a sequel. For some reason I just feel like you could keep going with this.
Philippe de la Matraque chapter 3 . 10/8/2010
Cute story. My favorite part was Malcolm talking with Porthos. ;-) But I think you handled the humor and the horror (it would be overwhelming to have such emotions pummel you like that) at the same time. Good work!
LadyRainbow chapter 3 . 5/9/2010
I really enjoyed this story, JennMel. Of all the people to be a victim of a Betazoid prank, it had to be Malcolm! But it's somehow fitting, it a weird way. I loved Malcolm's "conversation" with Porthos...pets are a lot more empathic than we think. And Trip, being a supportive friend in more ways than one, and T'Pol, his "anchor" to sanity.

It didn't surprise me to see how overwhelmed Malcolm was with Archer's, Hoshi's and Phlox's emotions. They're the complete opposite of him as far as personality and temperament.

Glad to see that this whole experience had a positive outcome for Malcolm's interactions w/the crew. Good job! :-)
weldolet chapter 3 . 5/9/2010
Really enjoyed this story.

Chuckled when Mal and Porthos had their "conversation". Cringed when The Doc tried to touch Mal. Was pleased when he began to regain control over his empathy. And very satisfied to see how it apparently affected his ongoing relationships with the rest of the crew.

Lovely ending - thanks for posting.
Nalati chapter 3 . 5/9/2010
I enjoyed it; I liked the final paragraphs about the others noticing the minor permanent changes in Malcolm, I liked seeing Trip be a good (if cheeky) friend, and I LOVED the bit when Malcolm read Porthos' emotions; that was sweet and fun and entirely unexpected.

My only qualm is with your use of the word "empathy" and what T'Pol then said about it; I believe there is a marked difference - in Star Trek canon as well as real life usage - between "empathy" and "empathic abilities", the former being, as T'Pol said, an aspect of social interaction that is a learnable skill, with the latter being what Deanna Troi has; a biological trait that allows her to actively percieve emotions on a mental level when they are not by any means 'visible' through body language or vocal tone. I can read your intentions, but nonetheless, this bothers me, and I thought it worth mentioning.

But overall, I enjoyed it very much - it's a wonderfully original idea and it's very good to see a story focusing on Malcolm in this way. Good job. :)
Karshtakavaar chapter 3 . 5/8/2010
What a heart warming story. I was a bit concerned Malcolm was going to feel pretty lost without his abilities when they finally disappeared. After all, as much as they were a real problem for him they also had some upsides. But you sorted it all out nicely in the end - even down to Malcolm not noticing any changes but everyone else noticing and not telling him (which in Malcolm's case is the kindest thing to do). I really enjoyed the sense of concern and family aboard Enterprise. The friendship sections with Trip and with T'Pol were great. I also loved the conversation with Porthos. So much fun! Bet Porthos misses being able to 'talk' to Malcolm. Thanks for sharing. :)
Deedaladee chapter 3 . 5/8/2010
Sorry I came into this so late. That being said-it's great to see your stories again, I've enjoyed so many of your others before. Really enjoyed this fic, different take on things. For once Malcolm got to be concerned and have concern for himself, in an emotional way at that.
volley chapter 3 . 5/8/2010
Very nice! I loved the part with Porthos, in Sickbay! All in all a fun read. Good descriptions, nice plot, flowing style, what more to ask? - I know: another story!
weldolet chapter 2 . 5/6/2010
Poor Malcolm! Love how Trip and T'Pol are helping him. And his frustration at how he can barely deal with the likes of Archer and Hoshi is very telling.
Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for posting.
Karshtakavaar chapter 2 . 5/5/2010
I'm glad Trip and T'Pol are keeping Malcolm on a even keel- and wonderfully so, each in their different ways. Lovely scenes with the pair of them. That Hoshi and the Captain's emotions would make Malcolm feel claustrophobic is very believable, even if it does make me sad. :( And going him going stir crazy in his quarters, yup, I can see that. I loved the way you described the Mess Hall at night as having star-dashed windows and a shadowy ceiling. It's really poetic and gives a feeling of quiet, peace, emptiness and the illusion of night that starship crews would have to give themselves to help space travel to feel normal. No wonder Malcolm fell asleep. Looking forward to the final chapter.