Reviews for Obsession
Stargirl864 chapter 1 . 2/5
Just YES.

I can't believe how perfect this fanfic is. It's actually probably the best fanfic that combined angst and romance that I've ever read. No, really. I'm not slathering praise onto this fanfic just because I'm having a lot of feels and I need to release them somewhere (although that is partially why I'm writing this). I've seriously read a ton of angsty romantic fanfics to know which ones suck and which ones are decent enough. Your fanfic though, blew all the others right out of the water. But before I gush even more about your fanfic, I need to explain why your fanfic is infinitely better than the others.

Honestly, at first I was a little bit skeptical about this fanfic. From my past experiences most angsty fanfics that started out sad and in the first person usually ended before the main character could even confess their feelings, thus leaving me feel empty and unsatisfied. But you, you on the other hand somehow managed to pile all that angst together in the beginning until it accumulated into the one ultimate pinnacle of "I'm fucking obsessed with you". With that one phrase you took all of the potential energy derived from the angst and turned it into pure romantic energy to drive the futile "obsessive" romance to light. To me it was completely unlike all the other dark first-person angsty-romantic fanfics I read, which focused on just introspecting the main character's dark angsty feelings without even considering the option of pushing the romance.

And if they did push the romance, it was either incredibly short (usually just one line), or had the mechanics of sex, as if they had no idea how to express the emotional romance (which they probably didn't). Your fanfic on the other hand deeply explored the intense emotions felt during the moment when House kissed Wilson and realized Wilson was just as obsessed with House as House was for him. And okay sure I might love the idea of two soulmates loving, or as you put it "obsessing over", each other and yet still being completely oblivious to each other's feelings. Even so, you still manage to acutely describe and emphasize the immensity of the emotions in that scene enough to make me feel and understand them as well (personally my favorite line besides "I'm fucking obsessed with you" is right at the end just after that line, "...by the way he's [Wilson's] gasping and sucking air out of my lungs... I know he's spent hours analyzing the way I've said something", seriously I can actually see and feel how that feels. Kudos, major kudos for that line). As a writer myself, I know just how difficult and frustrating it can be to actually show this rather than tell these emotions, as the other crappy fanfics have proved.

So to finish up this overextended review, I applaud your amazing skill of actually emphasizing the description of us these emotions to the point where I actually felt my heart twinge in empathy for House. Seriously this is a skill to be revered, hold onto it for as long as you can!
Thank you so so so much for writing this fanfic, it's amazing in every single way to the point that I don't even see any major down points (aside from too much backstory, but that's completely different) to discuss. It would be awesome to see just how this House/Wilson relationship will work out now that they've confessed their feelings, but even so I definitely felt satisfied with the ambiguity that this fanfic ended on. I'm definitely going to check out the other fanfics you've written, this one was just too awesome!

Hope you have a wonderful day,
All the best,
~Stargirl864
Isa chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
Such a long build up... the release at the end is almost too short. But what I like about this is that you give the characters room to exist outside of the fic. Does that make sense? Despite in-depth introspection, I feel like your take on House escapes everyone in the end anyway. He finds out that Wilson feels the same, and suddenly, instead of him being alone, watching Wilson with the reader looking over his shoulder, the reader is left alone, trying to peek in at Wilson and House who are suddenly on the same team. Well done!
AudreyMT chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
This is probably one of the most insightful things I've read in a very long time. It touches my heart. Do you write poetry? I bet you're great at it.
mykhuber13 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This fic. Is so absolutely fucking beautiful. Jesus Christ.
popcorn18ful chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
One of the best stories I've read all year,

Congratulations and keep up the good work.
bucky9987 chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This is absolutely amazing. You kept my attention from beginning to end. I bow to the epicness that is this story.
HW forever chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Words fail me.

Your work is always incredible, but this? Wow. :) Very believable internal monologue.
Oasis Blackmore chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
This is fucking beautiful. Really.

I'm all wrapped up in my favorite blanket, crying - 'cause seriously, BEAUTIFUL - and would it be fair of me to say that most of us here on FFN have felt this way - if not about the people in our lives, then about our fandoms, at least? I certainly have, and you captured the sentiment perfectly.

~ Oasis
damigella chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Such a great analysis of House's past, seamlessly tied to his present. The way Wilson catches him when he falls. The delicious mirror effect, when it's Wilson's turn to declare his obsession and to risk a kiss.

And I find the final comparison between religious and sexual extasy, where the latter one is revealed to be the real and valuable one, a masterpiece.

"Religious zealots might call this nirvana, or being Saved. I call it having a mind-blowing orgasm of epic proportions."

Amen. Allelujah.
Balanced chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Ever since I started watching House I've always kind of seen a lot of Wilson in myself. But the obsessive nature of our favorite diagnositican is very familiar. And the way you wrote it was just flawless. Literally. It just made perfect sense.
Little Miss Spookiness chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This is wow, just W.O.W! You make my brain asplode with awesomness and fangirl squee
hol-deleted chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Wow. This is amazing. :)
katlyn.bane chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Oh my god...I don't know why, and I don't think i can explain it fully, but i love this fic. As far as i can guess, it's because i understand... in a way most other reader's can't and maybe even you don't fully... I under stand how it is to be locked in your brain, never with my own stories or crushes, but with stories of other's, I have to fix it, it has to be perfect... I can't explain, but it has to be done. he might obsess over wilson in his own fantasy, and I might obsess over other peoples lives, emotions, and posible solutions but it's still the same...God, I don't even think i'm explaining it right...But hey, you wrote it...maybe you understand me anyway...
darlingmess chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I really love this. Its amazing and realistic. I love how you made House so real and truthful, making him so much more understandable.

I was upset when he ws brooding and nostalgic, because his past is just upsetting. And I love how you portrayed his relationship with Wilson. I like how you related his addiction to Vicodin to his love of Wilson.

But, again, I really like this. Thanks for sharng
ProudToBe-LimpingTwerp chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
O my god. This is sooooo fucking fantastic that i just had to review. I loved it. Printing it out and keeping it. this is awesome. favoriting it. Its one of thoses really long detailed stories that go into detailed thoughts about everything and the first fifth of the whole thing is just House's thoughts as he sits there downing alcohol but its great. You have to do this more often. i loved this and the details and the analyzing and the OBSESSION. lol.

love,