Reviews for Obsession
AudreyMT chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
This is probably one of the most insightful things I've read in a very long time. It touches my heart. Do you write poetry? I bet you're great at it.
mykhuber13 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This fic. Is so absolutely fucking beautiful. Jesus Christ.
popcorn18ful chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
One of the best stories I've read all year,

Congratulations and keep up the good work.
bucky9987 chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This is absolutely amazing. You kept my attention from beginning to end. I bow to the epicness that is this story.
HW forever chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Words fail me.

Your work is always incredible, but this? Wow. :) Very believable internal monologue.
Oasis Blackmore chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
This is fucking beautiful. Really.

I'm all wrapped up in my favorite blanket, crying - 'cause seriously, BEAUTIFUL - and would it be fair of me to say that most of us here on FFN have felt this way - if not about the people in our lives, then about our fandoms, at least? I certainly have, and you captured the sentiment perfectly.

~ Oasis
damigella chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Such a great analysis of House's past, seamlessly tied to his present. The way Wilson catches him when he falls. The delicious mirror effect, when it's Wilson's turn to declare his obsession and to risk a kiss.

And I find the final comparison between religious and sexual extasy, where the latter one is revealed to be the real and valuable one, a masterpiece.

"Religious zealots might call this nirvana, or being Saved. I call it having a mind-blowing orgasm of epic proportions."

Amen. Allelujah.
Balanced chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Ever since I started watching House I've always kind of seen a lot of Wilson in myself. But the obsessive nature of our favorite diagnositican is very familiar. And the way you wrote it was just flawless. Literally. It just made perfect sense.
Little Miss Spookiness chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This is wow, just W.O.W! You make my brain asplode with awesomness and fangirl squee
hol-deleted chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Wow. This is amazing. :)
katlyn.bane chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Oh my god...I don't know why, and I don't think i can explain it fully, but i love this fic. As far as i can guess, it's because i understand... in a way most other reader's can't and maybe even you don't fully... I under stand how it is to be locked in your brain, never with my own stories or crushes, but with stories of other's, I have to fix it, it has to be perfect... I can't explain, but it has to be done. he might obsess over wilson in his own fantasy, and I might obsess over other peoples lives, emotions, and posible solutions but it's still the same...God, I don't even think i'm explaining it right...But hey, you wrote it...maybe you understand me anyway...
darlingmess chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I really love this. Its amazing and realistic. I love how you made House so real and truthful, making him so much more understandable.

I was upset when he ws brooding and nostalgic, because his past is just upsetting. And I love how you portrayed his relationship with Wilson. I like how you related his addiction to Vicodin to his love of Wilson.

But, again, I really like this. Thanks for sharng
ProudToBe-LimpingTwerp chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
O my god. This is sooooo fucking fantastic that i just had to review. I loved it. Printing it out and keeping it. this is awesome. favoriting it. Its one of thoses really long detailed stories that go into detailed thoughts about everything and the first fifth of the whole thing is just House's thoughts as he sits there downing alcohol but its great. You have to do this more often. i loved this and the details and the analyzing and the OBSESSION. lol.

love,

PTB-LT
ARandomFangirl chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Just to warn you, this is going to be a long review. :P

Since the story is Obsession, I figure this is a fitting time to mention that I'm definitely a bit obsessed with your work. I may or may not squeal with delight when I get a message in my inbox, for example. I usually read your stories as soon as I see that you've posted them and review straight away. But life got the better of me, so its taken me a bit longer than usual to get around to it. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but if you did I just didn't want you to take any offense. (See what I mean about obsessed?) In any case, on with my review.

You surprise me with your insight in House's mind. Hell, your insight into people in general. I have an addictive personality. Not to drugs or anything like that (runs in the family, so I avoided that stuff). So, I really need to applaud your ability to write so accurately on what its like to be obsessed with something. You described obsession by saying that your replay the same scenes over and over again, constantly trying to figure out what people could have meant from a single gesture, a look, a word. That is exactly it. For example, I have tons of characters and story ideas bouncing around in my head, waiting to be written. But I obsess about every little aspect of the story to the point where I get sick of them before I even have written a single word.

Relating it back to House, it explains things we kind of already figured. He's obsessed with puzzles and he's obsessed with Wilson. But you also explained a deeper level to it. Its not just that he's obsessed with these things, but that one of them is considered shameful. Most average viewers of House will say that House would never be gay because he doesn't care what people think. But anyone who watches House seriously knows that he needs Wilson and wouldn't do anything that could make him lose him. So, he hides under all of the snark because if he's open and honest, he's afraid of getting pushed into the dirt and kicked. Its entirely possible, because as you said, being obsessed with medicine makes you a hero, but being obsessed with people makes you a stalker. Its something I think a lot of people miss.

Aside from the main idea of the story, I need to compliment you on how well-written overall it is. Literally every single line in this story is packed with such powerful description that cuts to the core. The images you paint are lasting and the words are ones you want to memorize because they speak to the very essence of your soul. Every word is brutally honest and real in a way you don't get very often from writers in general, let alone fanfic writers. You're very brave to put a story like this up, but it had to be done. If House thinks Wilson hates him, the world is over for him, so he's not going to sugarcoat things so it makes it easier to swallow. He's just going to leave the ends jagged as they truly are. He's going to damn and curse God, think about how his father abused him, how he was kicked around by a boy he like, but he's not even sure existed. It was powerful and real.

As usual, your writing never ceases to amaze me. I aspire to write as well as you do. Thanks for sharing.
Aquarius Seth chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Brillant work! This one is just inspiring! I can't come up with the right words for the beauty of the idea. Genius! This is on my fav list! :)