Reviews for Soldier Boy poem
Green217 chapter 1 . 3/23
HEART. BROKEN. D:
DracoMalfoy456 chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
This almost made me cry. It's really beautiful, and I can see it being an actual song. I love this so much. :')
Natsu123 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
This great, its very well writen and captures the sad feelings of Iroh for Lu ten. A very good job.
El-Cid-The-Champion chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Beautiful!

I like how the additional verses seem to talk about different phases in a soldier's life. It does feel like Iroh may only be singing a part of the poem, because the part he sings is about the "soldier boy coming home" and that will never happen for him...

The Fire Nation is supposedly ruled by passion so I imagine this is an old poem that parents of soldiers knew or was common during Iroh's younger days

What else can I say? I think it's great, I'd love to see others
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
OMG this is so cool! I was looking for a kinda extended version for Little Soldier Boy, and this is perfect! XD
J the Drafter chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This was quite good. You did some nice poetry and found a good way to expand on the song from the show.
Kerprew chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Excellent!
TaikoHawk chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Pretty nice. I thought maybe that the meter was a little odd on some lines, like "with breath of the sun". But I'm complete crap at getting meter right myself, so maybe it's just me. All in all, I like this quite a bit. I kind of want someone to put it to music now!
InsaneAuthor44 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I'm literally crying. That's just... Wow. I found no mistakes and it had great flow. Write more, please, write more!
FLZ chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
well done, love the imagery, love the song
Mar11ke chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Hey, wow. That was actually really good! Maybe you should pay a little more mind to the syllables, but its not like I can do any better or something. Good job!
MalfoySouza chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Just use the same melody in the show for each verse and you have a sad song.
Warrior Cat Cody chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Really beautiful poem! I had tears in my eyes when I read it.

Keep up the awesome work!
SodiumTelluride chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
very well written. I so wish they had released actual lyrics to this song, but I love what you've done with it.
spinefloret chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
A beautifully written poem!