Reviews for Measure of a Man
Samantha V chapter 9 . 10/23/2011
So happy to see a new chapter! Loved Sam's alter ego POV and to see the transition he makes from denial all the way to finally (woohooo!) finally kicking Ruby's butt to the curb (wish that had happened in the show!). Poor Dean's headspace is also seriously messed up and I hope it's not quite as bad as Tyler thinks.

Sorry to hear RL has got you down and hope things are better for you now!

Very much looking forward to the next chapter whenever you get the time :)
Nyx Wings chapter 9 . 10/23/2011
Yay, new chapter! I will wait forever for you. XD

Oh, I love Inner Sam. DAMN it's so immensely satisfying to hear Sam reamed out like that. He needs it.

Loved the scene with Dean and Tyler and the bully! So funny! And a nice bit of angst too, awww.

FFFFFFFFF ZACHARIAH ugh I forgot how much I hated him. :( Wish he'd be as easily squished as Ruby. Gee they're both so stupid. Dean, how can you know anything for sure? It's not that hard to give Bobby a call.

Way to go Sam! Kick Ruby out on her ass, hahahahaha! And way to go Tyler! Clever of him, getting around the letter of his promise.

This is so much more satisfying than the show ever was.
ccase13 chapter 8 . 7/30/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. I especially like how Bobby is making plans to detox Sam even with Dean missing. I will be really happy to see the next installment.
Lisa Paris chapter 8 . 7/28/2011
You are a clever, clever writer. I love how you've used the size metaphor thingy to describe and illustrate the relationship between Sam and Dean, and the distorted view Sam has about himself and his brother.

Turning it into a satire is masterful. Less offensive to those who love Sam blindly and are willing to overlook his cruelty, and yet, all the more poignant and moving because it perfectly encapsulates Dean. I like your sandbox very much!
Ster1 chapter 8 . 7/25/2011
This is such a powerful chapter. I was especially taken with how you handled Dean leaving Sam- I'd often wondered how differently things might have worked out if Sam had realized early on that might be a consequence of his choices. And I liked how you validated Dean's anger at Sam's actions. He has every right to feel that way, even though we all know eventually the brothers will make up and reunite. But it's a much richer storytelling possibility to explore that process, rather than handwave it away and blame Dean as the show unfortunately did. Oh, and yay! for Cas being so concerned about Dean. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that our little nerd angel lives to see another day next season. He's such a great addition to the show.

(And so glad you found my suggestions useful!*hugs*)
The Silent Wind chapter 8 . 7/25/2011
I am loving the angst in this chapter, especially Sam beating himself up for what he did. The ending, though, was my favorite part. First of all, TYLER'S BACK! Second, that last line is hilarious and I could just hear Dean saying that and seeing the look on the mom's face.

I am so anxious to see how the next chapter shapes up!
Samantha V chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
So glad to see another chapter! Love Bobby's rant against Sam where he doesn't hold back and tells it like it is - Sam doesn't want to hear it, doesn't want to face what he's become, but now he can't hide from it. It's going to take a lot for Dean to trust him again.

Have I mentioned that I totally love this story... :)
PeaceJoJo chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
:(... That was so incredibly emotional. I was nearly in tears, my heart was pounding, I my hand barely left my face, because I was SO into the emotions. Everything was so REAL and heartbreaking. I felt horrible for Dean and sad for Sam for getting himself into this mess... The whole thing was just... :( *hugs* I want to cry!

PS- I love that Dean went to Tyler for help with his size stuff. That kid is just tons of adorable.
Nyx Wings chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
Yay! Good to see another chapter of this. :)

BOBBY! He is the greatest. About time someone really chewed Sam out. I like the use of Anna. I'm loving your take on things. :D Hehehe, Dean mailed himself to Tyler, nice! That's pretty adorable. :) Perfect scene to end the chapter too!
anon chapter 7 . 6/22/2011
I love that this take on Dean finding out about the demon blood fits with your storyline and OCs and everything. I love how Sam has to pay the ultimate price for his addiction now instead of later. I know Bobby, Meesh, Cas, and Owen, are going to tear his little rationalized bs to shreds for what he's done to Dean. Owen, man with the guilt he'll have going to about not telling Dean, he'll laser Sam. I don't even know how Dean could forgive Sam right away for literally crushing the life out of him, hell I wouldn't want him near me. Like any addict Sam has to hit a bottom and this is the best damn one I've read yet!

Sooooo, next chapter I'm on my knees here, soon, please? I have loved this story from chapter 1 of Deanzilla and it's just as great as ever!
anon chapter 7 . 6/21/2011
OMFG WHAT A CHAPTER! WHAT A CLIFFHANGER! MY POOR DEAN! OH GOOD GRIEF WOMAN MORE!
SeaGlassGreen chapter 7 . 6/8/2011
Ye gods, woman! I'm clutching that clue I think you dropped earlier, but...holy cats!
DaisyDuke chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
AAAAHHH!

i love this and i love the hurt but i love the comfort too!

please update SOON!
Ster1 chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
You already know that I love this chapter, hon. Great job! But I'm with all of those who want to read what happens next ASAP because that ending...gah!
QueenSpanny chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
so i had to re-read the end like a dozen times, mostly cos i was in shock and hoping i read it wrong :( i was totally engrossed in the story the entire time! it was amazing, you're descriptions of events really 'show' us a story as opposed to telling us one... and i love it!

The beginning transported us straight into sam's mind- his blood fixation, his struggle and ultimate failure to stay in control (until he had his fill) were wonderfully portrayed through his inner-voice and having it flip between rational thought and 'the Want'

Owen's story had an ominous feel to it, and helped to create the slow build up of tension throughout the chapter ending with the grotesque and heart wrenching Sam and Dean confrontation. This entire chapter was fantastic (in a kind of horrible, terrible way lol) Ruby's smooth talking was excellent, as was Sam's approach to the entire blood-drinking situation and his justification for it.

My favourite part would have to be the tiny details about Dean 'Stalling', as silly as that sounds. I love how he's a ninja, and the subtle comparison to the 'old sam', who was worried about Dean going kamikaze. Just goes to show how far these boys have come.

Keep up the awesome work! This story really is one of a kind! :D
160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »