Reviews for Evadne
TheFrenchDollar chapter 9 . 4/3/2013
Aww. This fic, though with no definite ships, really capture the personalities of the Les Amis. Especially with Courfeyrac, Combeferre and of course, the man of the moment, Enjolras. It's rare that I find stories related to Les Mis that I really appreciate. I hope you keep writing. I'll look you up. )
cHoCoLaTe-RuM chapter 9 . 1/31/2013
I loved the scene at the opera. It was absolutely hilarious to imagine each person behaving and reacting in their own ways, and just the pure chaos of it! Poor Enjolras .

all the best
Just a Reader chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
" No, don't say 'Samson.'" Combeferre scolded. Enjolras laid his head down on the table and mumbled once more. " Or 'Adam.' You and I both know that doesn't count."

LOL!
JestaAriadne chapter 5 . 11/6/2010
"All it took were the words ' revolt in the third act,' and Enjolras was fascinated." XDDD

Heeee, I thought I should leave a review at this stage as I'm getting rather hooked It's so sparkly and funny. I love how the whole gang is showing up, and poor Combeferre's reactions to that! And the music-related conversation pleases me muchly :)
Till-Owlyglass chapter 9 . 8/12/2010
Lovely! I really enjoyed reading this story! All of the characters are so human and I feel I can identify with all of them (except perhaps Francoise!) The whole riot scene had me laughing! The A.B.Z man having the same name as Jehan who gets annoyed and pushes him over the chairs XD

The story was kind of romantic, but not, if that makes sense! And the ending was perfect!

Thanks for writing!
ColonelDespard chapter 9 . 6/15/2010
A wonderful story, that just got better as you went along. Your Courfeyrac and Combeferre in particular are standouts, but I enjoyed all of them. It was particularly effective to have Enjolras retaining his canonical distance from romantic entanglements while not demonstrating any of the fanonical misogynism that he's often endowed with in fic. Use of the A.B.Z. was inspired - they're just too naff a creation not to deserve this treatment!

You raise an interesting point with Charlotte Corday...how would Enjolras have regarded this figure, given the rather tangled perceptions among Republican circles (let alone those beyond the Republicans) regarding both victim and assassin. Would he respect her as the hand that struck down a tyrant, as one strain of historical narrative would have it, or would he realise that her actions actually intensified the Terror that she sought to prevent? I'm inclined towards thinking he'd espouse the latter viewpoint, but it's a good point for discussion!
Eponine Thenardier chapter 9 . 6/6/2010
Ah! I'm sad to see this story end...but it was a right and fitting way to close it. I like the idea of Enjolras not being completed brainwashed into unquestioningly revering the French Revolution and its leaders. Keep on writing - you've got talent, and I'd love to see anything else of your work.
frustratedstudent chapter 9 . 6/6/2010
A perfect resolution! I was surprised at the Charlotte Corday thing-why *didn't* it come to mind earlier? (yet how apt and sneaky of Enjolras to refer to her!). I like the idea of Combeferre becoming close to Charlotte. The conversation between Enjolras and Combeferre at the end is just perfect. Brava!
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 9 . 6/5/2010
somehow I thought it would end this way, but I still love it. A well-paced ending is one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion...then again, I can't write a good ending to save my life !
Mlle Patria chapter 9 . 6/5/2010
I completely freaked out when I saw that it was an epilogue. I was wondering how on earth you would tie up all of those loose ends, but you did so beautifully. Charlotte Corday! Brillance! It is just an all around awesome story, although I wish it didn't have to end because I enjoyed reading it so much. I loved Enjolras's comment at the end, "Mlle Patria is not an easy mistress." It made me smile.

-Mlle Patria
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 9 . 6/5/2010
...well...I have to say, that felt just slightly anticlimactic...but not in a bad way; actually, it was quite amusing. :D

For a while there, I was afraid you weren't going to address the whole "I knew a Charlotte once" thing...so thanks for doing that! *huge sigh of relief* ...and you really had me fooled there as far as Enjy knowing our Charlotte...*shakes head at self* Nice going!

I loved the story-I'm putting it in Favorites! Thanks much for writing it!

hbpm

P.S. Sorry again for having STILL not replied to your lovely long message...I only have two more weeks of school, and we're making the push for finals...so I really haven't had time...technically, I probably shouldn't be reading this at all, but I couldn't resist when I saw that you'd updated! :D
Eponine Thenardier chapter 8 . 6/3/2010
I love this story...decent premise, good writing, regular updates...we need more like this!
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 8 . 6/1/2010
Aww, that's adorable! Enjy may finally have fallen for someone (or tripped, at least...)! :D

...wait, there IS more, isn't there? That's not all, right? *panics*

Okay, actually, I really need to get to bed...but I had to R&R this chapter first!

Can't wait for more!

hbpm

P.S. I WILL eventually get around to replying to your awesome long message-I just haven't had time yet... (stupid school...)
frustratedstudent chapter 8 . 6/1/2010
Hee! Part of my romantic brain wants to see the sparks between Enjolras and Charlotte. I'm afraid though Combeferre might be right: Charlotte did come close, but it's not going to get anywhere. And it's good to see that the boys' experiment somehow *worked*: Enjolras really isn't that afraid of girls after all. I'm also happy that you wrote them all as being more or less gentlemanly to the girls.

This was a treat for me to read before going to class today. Merci mon amie!
Mlle Patria chapter 8 . 6/1/2010
I just can't wait for more! Jehan is just too adorable, wanting to shed blood in the name of the republic. I am just dying to know how Charlotte and Enjolras know each other, and I have a feeling that even though Combeferre is done playing matchmaker Courfeyrac isn't! Please update soon or I may die from the suspense! *insert overdramatic death here*
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »