Reviews for Readjustment
time2read chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
very touching story! i felt what the characters were feeling! the description is so vivid!
CJSpooks chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Everything and everyone in this just rang so true to me. Well-done throughout.
Shanowa chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Awesome!

Perfectly reflecting the atmosphere of the war, making it present, even in the security of home.

Very sad, but beautiful in that sadness.

Thanks for writing this!
pronker chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Greatly enjoyed this - the inferences of Siri and Bruck and their Passings (unless I'm misreading) really made this - and the atmosphere of home being not quite the way that Obi-Wan has undoubtedly dreamed of it on the battlefield, excellent.
charliebrown1234 chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
A very interesting take on how the Jedi, or anyone, readjusts after wartime. I enjoyed it thourghly. You could write a companion peice to this, maybe from Anakins point of view on how he thinks the war is affecting his former master. That would be good, too, I think. I like your style of writing, so continue with the awesome fictions!
Treenahasthaal chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I was so excited when I saw a Deaka story alert in my inbox! It's always a delight to read your fic. The use of words, the careful crafting of each sentence is just as wonderful as ever.

I adored this view of Obi-Wan. His sense that Temple is the same but there are changes is something that many who have endured trauma find on their return home.

Excellently executed! : )
gurnius chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
You can almost feel the melancholy and the weary sadness that surround Obi-Wan and Adi. Obi's perceptions of the Temple after a prolonged campaign of battles show how much he has changed and grown. His battle-ready senses seek out the uncertainties in the Temple in place of relaxing. He definitely sounds like he is in the first stages of a form of post-traumatic stress where he cannot let go of the heightened senses for battle even in an allegedly safe area. The sad part is that he understands what is happening to him but he cannot see any way out. Yoda's enigmatic answers do not really satisfy him but he knows what is expected of him and he will do it no matter the personal cost.

Well thought-out and nicely executed. Atmospheric, but not cloyingly depressive. Good work!
Elenothar chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Lovely and very in character! Well done! :)