Reviews for The Bodies in the Beach
lizook chapter 17 . 9/28/2011
What a beautiful end chapter. Seriously, K, I'm so glad this the last Bones fic I'll read. It just epitomizes everything that I enjoyed and loved about the first seasons, about them.

I particularly enjoyed the tension seeping in with both of them realizing it was ending and then natural ending, just relaxing into the relationship change without theatrics or convoluted twists.

""You wouldn't care," she said, and the soft agony in her voice raised the hair on the back of Brennan's neck for a reason she did not understand"

You convey emotions so well, I love Bren's reaction, very natural and telling.

""No case is 'just another case' to us, they're all important. If they weren't, I don't suppose we could do what we do." This time she felt someone squeeze her hand again, but this time it was her other hand, enclosed in one much larger than hers. He looked down at her with the most peculiar grin, and she could not help but smile back."

This - from her statement to his supportive action - is them. Perfect.

Great job; congrats on finishing it!
gyphsy chapter 16 . 7/29/2011
i loved it! i hope you update again soon!
lizook chapter 16 . 7/26/2011
This chapter was tense, not only for the innate distrust from the girls, but the halting, startling way their story unfolded. I can easily imagine Booth and Brennan not wanting to put them through it, but knowing they had to. That they had to do it professionally and as detailed as possible.

You did a fantastic job of underlying that tenseness with the action and movement in the chapter-from the stillness as Booth waited for someone to say something to the girls looking ill.

"Booth hated having them there, hated having to drag them in as witnesses to a murder, as individuals who had been withholding information from a federal officer, but he had to. It was the law, as plain as ink on paper, and he had to. But it turned his stomach to see them sitting there."

This is soooo Booth I can't even... It really highlights the strong points of his personality without overkilling it.

""We heard… this noise, this, crack," she said, slapping one hand down on the table between them."

Gah, the vividness of that caught me off guard, actually made my stomach turn.

"No, it wouldn't have made a difference," Brennan said plainly. "The injuries to Mr. Hawkins' skull were too severe, the internal hemorrhaging was immediate, he died within minutes"

Love that Brennan, in her own way, consoles them about it, and that Booth recognizes it, too. Perfectly IC on all fronts.

As usual, great job with this! :)
MadeOfStars chapter 16 . 7/24/2011
I don't care how inrfrequent the updates are, as long as you update... Your writing is always good, tru quality, so waiting is no problem. Besides, my life is pretty hectic too and time runs by fast these days. This chapter was nice. I liked the interaction of the girls, even if it wouldn't really happen that way. It worked. You also made both girls believably traumatized. Yuck for the blood dripping onto them... Great job!
aigneadh chapter 16 . 7/23/2011
Great chapter!

I think you captured Maria's doubt and distrust perfectly, and I completely agree that the dynamic between the two children made for a far better story than when Booth would have interviewed them seperately.
jayne-190 chapter 16 . 7/23/2011
Great story; just discovered it a few hours ago and I have been transfixed with the story.
JET1967 chapter 16 . 7/23/2011
Thanks for the new chapter. I'm really glad you plan to see this one through to the end. Looking forward to it.
mendenbar chapter 16 . 7/22/2011
Always willing to suspend disbelief for a good story. Consider it done.
bloodyrose1294 chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
Oh wow. No wonder Booth and Brennan had to infiltrate the community because these people weren't going to talk at all. And two other people witnessed the murder? Damn. Can't wait for your next update!
sanspeur chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
So glad you updated! We're so close to finishing - and this was a great chapter!
MissAthenasGirl chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
OMGGGGG! I live in Jax FL & rent a condo on Crescent Beach! We stay for 1 week at the beginning of August. We always go to St. Augustine & eat at the Columbia. If B&B are to have a romantic lunch or dinner, it should take place there. I have also been to Jax Beach. It's not that Pretty, but it's kinda cool. If you need any help at all, I would be glad to help!
duskbutterfly chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
Gah, that's so mean just leaving us hanging on the personal element but I do love this chapter & I do, as always, really appreciate the research and respect used to form all your characters but especially Secia.

Thanks again!
MadeOfStars chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
I think you handled the Downs characterization very well. I knew someone with Downs who swam from Alcatraz to shore. She was limited in some ways but still very impressive. The chapter was great too. I like how things are unraveling, even if their cover gets thinner and thinner. I look forward to seeing how they unravel things between themselves...
boothaddict77 chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
Heyy...

Like the new turn this has we see BB take one soon,too. Keep writing!
JET1967 chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
I was so glad to see a new chapter this morning when I got up. You did a great job on the scene with Booth and Secia. Can't wait to get the whole story of what happened.
306 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »