Reviews for The Bodies in the Beach
JET1967 chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
I was so glad to see a new chapter this morning when I got up. You did a great job on the scene with Booth and Secia. Can't wait to get the whole story of what happened.
TemperTemper chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
Love Booth and Brennan dealing separately with the kids. I think you handled Secia beautifully :)
hot4booth chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
It's really hard to write about sensitive issues without first hand knowledge. This chapter made me cringe, but I'm sure most of your readers will be happy with it. Thanks for the time and effort you put into it.
gyphsy chapter 15 . 6/29/2011
i love secia! if she was real, she would be such an awesome peerson. i loved the end bit, update again soon!
Alonzo Anonymouse chapter 15 . 6/29/2011
That was a great chapter. I think you did a really good job on Secia. You accomplished what you set out to do. I really like Booth's approach with her too. Sometimes on the show he gets impatient, but I like him how you wrote him here. Thanks for the update and I hope you can write more soon. I really want to see what happens between Booth and Brennan.
lizook chapter 15 . 6/29/2011
Ok, I lied, I found myself pretty much done with my usual haunts for the night and itching to see where you took this so... surprise, super prompt Liz review.

(Also, you know how much that says about your writing given my feelings on the show now)

I easily see why you took your time with this one and it paid off. In spades. (What kind of saying is that anyhow?) Everything just clicks into place nicely, the mirroring of Brennan and Booth both working the case but in a relaxed conversational way, almost without consciously working on it. I don't know if that makes any sense, but there ya have it.

And I do feel like you had Secia's mannerisms and speech rounded out wonderfully. Not only that, but you drew her in a way that was authentic, especially with the action of her coloring as she talks to Booth.

""Any parent does," Booth said, giving Ramón an assuring pat on the shoulder. "I have a kid too, Secia's age, and God knows I love him but sometimes… it's kids, right? What can you do? Nothing wrong with needing a break."

This felt particularly like a Booth thought to me. Not just because he can relate to needing that break, but because he uses it to gain trust with Ramón. It really lines up with how much of a people person he is.

"Her speech was slightly slow but her laughter welled up from her like a bright light, and it bounced around the cavernous house and echoed like church bells"

Gah, I just love that description. Love, love, love.

""It takes a village," Brennan quipped. "Well, not a literal village…""

LOL! So perfectly Brennan, I can just imagine her expression, the little quirk of her mouth as she finds she's amused herself. It's a testament to how well you write her that you can just give us the dialogue and the image is so clear.

I know I've told you before, but I really appreciate the way you keep them all IC and are continually thoughtful towards laying out the plot; it makes for a strong, moving piece. Wonderful job with it, K. :)
mendenbar chapter 15 . 6/29/2011
Way to blow it wide open! WTG.
jemmajane chapter 14 . 5/25/2011
Yay I love happy parts! So lovely and very well written as well. Nice work :)
KyriaHitomi chapter 14 . 5/19/2011
fantastic and deep chapter. I think this is one of the best BB coming together that I've ever read.
hot4booth chapter 14 . 5/17/2011
Amazing chapter!

Don't worry about the wait. It's better to have an excellent chapter than a mediocre one out of impatience. kwim? And you can't have an excellent chapter unless your mind and emotions are in the right place.
gypsymuse chapter 14 . 5/17/2011
This was entirely worth waiting for, so no apologies are necessary! You somehow managed to analyze and then synthesize the Booth/Brennan dynamic in this one chapter, and the result was simply breathtaking. For writing of this quality, I am more than happy to wait as long as it takes. :)
Mimssio chapter 14 . 5/17/2011
Oh my god. That was beautiful. That last paragraph was just written so... It was so lovely. It warmed my figurative heart. Please, don't ever stop writing. Because all the hard work you do, all the frustration you go through to get these stories to "write right"... it's worth it. For these moments.
Alonzo Anonymouse chapter 14 . 5/17/2011
Woohoo! I'm all caught up and they kiss at the end? Awesome. I really have enjoyed this story. You keep the continuity really well, not to mention I love fics that mention the anthropology. Anyway, I hope you can write more soon. But I understand about school. I think it's been a month since I've done mine.
Alonzo Anonymouse chapter 3 . 5/16/2011
Hahaha, I was wondering why you would be so accurate about the forensic anthropology and then make up a thing like a flesh macerator. ;)

I just started this fic and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks.
my-completeness chapter 14 . 5/16/2011