Reviews for The Bodies in the Beach
anonymous.individual chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Oh wow. The way you wrote Brennan's revelation was amazing.
sanspeur chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
This was worth the wait! You can do it! We're so close to the finish line!
Animagus-Steph chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
There's no need to apologize for *that!* Jeez louise, that was a nice bit of reasoning Booth did! And I love how Brennan came to her conclusion so succinctly, like science! Love love love!
lizook chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Wheee look at me reviewing all on time and shit ;)

I know I've said it to you before, but it really bears repeating - you do such a fantastic job at balancing case and character story lines. Neither seems robbed or shortchanged and, in fact, they make each other stronger for the way they weave together.

"On my way," Booth hollered from the kitchen, taking a bag of frozen peas out of the freezer..."

We often use peas as a makeshift ice pack in this family and I loved that Booth went the same route here. It seems to be fitting of his resourcefulness.

"He didn't know how he could pity her, she was the addict ruining her kids' lives, but somehow she seemed… he didn't really know, he just felt a strong sense of something towards her as she told her story, something he respected in her."

This was just spot on perfect. Personally, as a reader, I was feeling that way myself and to hear Booth think it was just the perfect touch. Not only because it allowed the reader to indulge in those feelings but because it seemed like a very Booth-y feeling too.

"Brennan leaned in next to Booth on the guard rail and pressed her head against the other side of the phone, listening in to both ends of the conversation. Booth could feel her hot breath near his face, and it sent a pleasant tingling up his spine, to the point that he almost forgot Sweets was talking to him."

Gaaaah, that image is just... warm and intimate and perfect. 3.

"She felt it, in every rapid inhale and every drop of blood coursing through her pounding heart, and in her heart of hearts, the heart that was not real but existed. She understood. She finally understood."

I really like the slow build you did here. It was as if the waves were gently beginning to sweep the realization over her and the "heart that was not real but existed"... genius.

"I love you," she said plainly. "I… I just realized that. I don't love you because I'm pretending to, or because we're supposed to as fake spouses. I just… I just love you." His face shifted through a multitude of expressions, but it finally settled on one that she had seen before, that her heart knew, and that put her into immediate ease."

Love, love, love. Not just that she says it. Or that she says it so simply, in such a Brennanesque way, but that we get his reaction through her viewpoint and that what puts her at ease is something she's seen from him before. She knows it's not something new, this has been going on between them for awhile. Just perfect.

Loved this chapter, as you predicted. I can't wait to see how it ends. Thanks for sharing :)
Leina chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
This is...beautiful beyond the words I could to express it.
Chicklit chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Absolutely lovely. One of the best "realization" scenes that I've read. Thanks!
boothaddict77 chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
That was 's really all I have to 's the next instalment?
wildlilpony chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
wow. That was so beautiful. Great chapter. Cant wait til the next 1.
couchpotato565 chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Great story
marple chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Aw thank you so much for taking the time to update this one. I really enjoy this fic, with them working under cover and the case. It was good having Brennan just say it straight out that she loved him.

Good to hear you are at a better place now and will get more time. I will look out for the next part.
MadeOfStars chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Oh, this was beautiful. I am glad you took the time to let this one write itself because it is just perfect. The case came together and so did they. I loved that entire end part, her figuring everything out and just bluntly saying what she felt. That would be so her. And of course, it was certainly worth the wait. Your work always is. I hope things are on an upswing for you, but I recognize there is always another downswing sometime. We can just hope for more up than down and not so far down... Take care of yourself.
bravesfan21 chapter 14 . 5/15/2011
Yay! Happiness. I really liked this chapter.
gyphsy chapter 14 . 5/15/2011
they're together they're together they're together they're together they're together they're together! yay! please update again soon! i loved the chapter
bones35 chapter 14 . 5/15/2011
A solid chapter and I love epiphany moments; well done!
flixfreak chapter 14 . 5/15/2011
Worth the wait. That was beautiful at the end.
307 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »