Reviews for You Shall Go To The Ball
So chill.
Hilarious.
Gorgeous.
Shisui is a riot.
Love the quick-wittedness of your writing.
Yeah.
Shanks, brah.
Jayme.
dmrar chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
This...this is made of so much win. *shakes head* I luved it! :3
vapanalley chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
So much respect. This hits so close to home. My adoration for Cali, my (ahem) interest in swimmer guys, and that convertible. Itachi, the ever genius, smarky, adorably unresponsive beautiful boy that he is, is so fabulously done. And Shisui. Why so beautiful? The trait that I liked about him best in this AU is that he /seems/ the average high school boy, but every now and then there's this glimpse of this kind creature who loves people fiercely and is intelligent in ways people don't quite /get/. His determination and devotion to his family and to his loves practically shine. That and his naught side (a bit of an exhibitionist, hm?). And Shisui pushing Itachi into the water, wouldn't that be a sight to behold! :D Also, your dialogue is so great. Like, really, really, really great.
Nocturnal Smile chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
This was sweet, you're seriously getting me addicted to this pairing. I love your portrayal of Shisui, it just fits, modern day fic or not. Enjoyed it a lot, as always!
PureWaterLily chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
The whole point of my going onto fanfiction was to GET AWAY FROM REALITY. I honestly swore that I would murder the next person who'd say Harvard, but seeing as this is written and the story is freaking amazing, it's forgivable.

And thus, I shall enter a rant about why this story is creepy to me on so many levels.

1. I live in Orange County every summer. I pass Pasadena every other day. The beaches actually STINK of seaweed, and I much prefer the Atlantic.

2. MIT, Caltech, Harvard, USC, and all them them need to burn in hell along with my botched applications.

3. Ryan and Robert are two people in my life should never, ever appear in a Naruto fanfiction... although their personas fit... which makes me squirm half way... especially when I recall my own dreadful prom.

4. I sniffed Nevada (very... unique name) out as a yaoi fangirl instantly.

5. I wanted to see Itachi in a dress. I honestly did. I had this whole black and red thing in my head too, with his hair curled up in one of those elegant buns for some apparently reason.

6. I broke out laughing at jailbait.

7. The place that is more liberal for homosexuality is NYC (Vegas does not count). Walked down the streets posing as a lesbian couple (and encountering one very, very hot gay couple along the way) earns you more thumbs ups than stares. Cali, I think, still hasn't officially approved of the gay marriage yet (reconsidered though).

8. Your friends tell you there's no future in loving a married man… "…okay, maybe not." - this is gut-wrenching worthy.

9. "Do you… want me to pin the corsage on for you?" Itachi gave him a flatly amused look. "I'm not putting that on," he said. - equally epic.

Oh, and remember when I threw that dictionary at you? I take that back. Your fanfics, which are ten times more fun to read than any passage on Fredrick Douglas or global warming, are now my number one vocab builder for the blasted SATs. And for that, you have this kid's sincerest gratitude.

- still college shellshocked, Lily
MidnightInDecember chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
So yeah, Ive read this story two times, too! Sorry! *hides*

I dont know why Ive waited to review it but...

All throughout it, I couldnt stop laughing. Ok, maybe some parts, where I was 'Aw'-ing... This is truly hilarious, wonderfully written and oh so sweet... and did I mention I adore your Shisui? I mean, I always love Itachi (you gotta love Itachi :D), even if your version of him, too, is totally irresistible!

:) Thanks for being gifted with such outstanding writing skills!
fallen-chan chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
... WHY WAS MY HIGH SCHOOL PROM NEVER THAT AWESOME it's just not fair.

family reunions are always like Salem witch trials. minus all the fun beforehand and the actual killing (though both parts are debatable. sometimes. I think?)

laskdfj. NGUYEN. I know someone with that last; I am never going to be able to think of her without making the connection to Itachi and Shisui and their sparkly fun.

Caltech is AWESOME. so is Pasadena. :) that entire conversation was just made of sparkly awesomeness and it makes me want to flail and glee loudly and wake everyone up. SHISUI STOP BEING A PARROT.

"c) catching horny teenagers hooking up on the beach on prom night was practically a national pastime" LOLOL I swear the police here make it a year-long local pastime if you replace 'the beach' with 'anywhere within village limits' it got its own little section in the high school paper last year.

nngh. I suck at reviewing and giving concrit. rambling stops now.

this fic was sparkly shiny flail-worthy awesomeness, by the way.
ZoZoe2k8 chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
LOl I was getting to luv this story ..untill they kissed that it...sigh but AWSOME STORY THROUGH
TheRealMapleSyrup chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
This one made me smile like crazy! loved the ending specially
hewhoistomriddle chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Look at me, getting the quintessential american high school experience from a fic. And I'm glad it's this fic. It's the ultimate.

(I was about two or three years younger than most of my classmates too, but they more Shisui than Robert to me. Is it an american thing to be mean to the underaged or is it just a stereotype? You don't have to answer.)

I'm in love with the way you write - detailed and smooth and funny and modern and I have to reread almost every sentence because my mind just goes off in fireworks after the first read. Your Shisui is so awesome, so nice to his friends, so self-aware, so in love and so smart, practical-smart like I'd expect him to be. And ohmigod, Itachiiii! You want to go to the prom, bb? I'll take you! Limo, rickshaw, hot-air balloon? I'll do it even if I'll go broke the rest of my life!

I'm sorry (for myself) that I took so long to read this. :)
Vanilla Twilight chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
this rocks. shisui is so fricken awesome! great job
ThatSuperGeek chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Wow, I'm reading this after I read 'Who died and made you lolita' and decided to read another of your fics. I think I'm in love with your writing personality! I wish I could convey such funny lighthearted characters in my own writing. Your style really inspires me, and thank you for writing such good Itashi. This pairing is so underloved and you write them wonderfully together.
theprincesshime chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Very sweet and full of cuteness. I couldn't stop smiling while reading this adorable little fic. And ohhhhhh, the ending! Just..so lovely & so worth the read.

Sometimes (all the time) we need a little pick-me-up. That's what this is to me. D

Well written with good pacing, but most importantly, an awesome ending!
AbsintheSpoon3 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This is well written. Especially your usage of humor. Normally i disapprove of cussing, but it feels right in your story, seamless even.
ThePepperSheep chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
This story was hilarious. Where to start? Shisui was, as always, freakin' awesome. I don't know how you manage to channel him so well in all your stories! I also loved how you set it in America - it made the story ten times funnier because I knew exactly what they were talking about.

When Robert Chang and Itachi were squaring off - I almost died laughing - it just seemed so nerd like to fight over something like budget balancing.

And your Shisui/Itachi fangirl - priceless. I know I would be her if those two were going to my school.

All in all, I loved everything.

Oh yeah - are proms really like that in California? When I was reading that, I was thinking "Our school went crazy when we found out we'd have a chocolate fountain at our prom." Jeez... I just realized what kind of hick town I live in...