Reviews for Falling Slowly
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
It's funny...this is some mighty beautiful work from you, xfirefly9x and it really encompasses the struggle between Mal and Inara in wanting to be together but continuning to push away from one another or trigger mutual "falls" once they've reach togetherness - even if temporarily - and all I can think is..."Wow! Nice River POV!"

;)

Seriously? This drabble strikes me as a poignant look at Mal/Inara via a saner but still fuzzy River, if only for the imagery and literary allusions that seemed to be River's speciality when trying to convey her feelings about something emotionally complex. Probably not your intent at all, but strangely enough, River is probably the best character to "see" Mal and Inara and understand their mutual foibles IMO, and not just because she's psychic. No...I think River is almost a metaphorical offspring to Mal and Inara in her personality and being...Inara's grace and erudition and natural charm, mixed with Mal's sheer stubborn will and lost optimism about the world.
Jadzia Bear chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
"it's a slow burn and it's their always" - just beautiful, thank you!