Reviews for Springtime in Savannah
Guest chapter 6 . 3/25/2013
Truly I think an update is past due! Interest will be accruing at a phenomenal rate. I adore this story and it is causing sleepless nights wondering what will happen next. For my health, you must update. Next week works for me! BE WARNED - you will have the wrath of Rubeanddodo on your head if you do not heed my words. tee hee!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 6 . 2/4/2013
Every time I re-read your story, I feel less and less hopeful that they'll reconcile. Not only because you seem to have an aversion to them being happy (grumbles bitterly), but because part of the rift between Rhett and Scarlett was because of how hardened she became after she lost her sense of security during the war. Now after 6 years of being abandoned and ostracized, after 3 deaths in a row, I can only imagine she's even more embittered (re: i'll never marry again). I'm glad that you've maintained her spunk but I think that her inability to trust Rhett with her heart has morphed into an inability to trust him at all. And I think that has partly to do with his abandonment of the children (poor Wade!). And if Rhett couldn't handle her after the war, I can't imagine he'd have much patience with her now. I don't even know if he regrets divorcing her, or just the impact it had on the children. I don't see how they can reconcile, though I really hope you somehow magically make it so.

...if you ever update, that is.
Ondine03 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Can't wait for an update! I love this story so much!
Iamstillinsane chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
I hope you don't abandon this story, I really really really like ít :)
Helen SES chapter 6 . 12/9/2012
This is such an amazing story...I really wish you would update. Please reassure your readers that you will come back to this story...
gbella chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
Please review can't wait to read the update
crazycute89 chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
Your story is lovely, a very interesting take. I was a little surprised at Wade's behavior towards Rhett, but considering how much Wade admired Rhett, in his childhood, it's understandable that he would be so hurt. I do feel like the pace of the story is a little slow and wordy at times, but you do have beautiful style and I wouldn't want the descriptive language to be sacrificed for the sake of pace. Also, I love your use of commas, I know it's weird, but I feel like some people are afraid to use them, like they're on limited supply, or something. Thank you for being unafraid of the commas.
LeesyLou chapter 6 . 7/30/2012
Please WRITE MORE. i am on the edge of my seat! i love ur story sooo much. a little too many descriptions, but please. i NEED TO KNOW what happens next!
isolabella chapter 6 . 7/29/2012
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read a new installment of this magnificent story! I love the themes you've woven together there-the sense of regret you've created in Rhett is very real and beautifully drawn, as is Wade's understandable anger over the events of the past. I very much enjoyed Rhett and Marie-Ange's conversation, along with the historical details sprinkled into the narrative. And you ended it in such a way that leaves me yearning for a speedy update! Can't wait to see what the next chapter holds!
EmiliaLKnight chapter 6 . 7/25/2012
1. love that she no longer uses Rhett's name
2. loved their encounter witch children
CCgwtw chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
Iris, how wonderful to see you writing and updating again! I was just thrilled to see the update notice in my mailbox so I just had to make the time to read this carefully. And, you did not disappoint! This is another wonderfully written chapter, full of rich detail and history that surpasses anything else on this site. I just loved this chapter and I found it especially rewarding that Rhett heard Scarlett and India arguing. I always wanted to have him know how Scarlett defended him during the War and even later, after they became engaged, when Mrs. Merriwether told Scarlett how awful he was and Scarlett defended him to the hilt. I am glad he finally heard her and I can't wait for the encounter to follow.
Nostalgia10 chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
I am very glad to see an update by you. Iris you certainly are one of my favorite writers ever not only in fanfiction . Your style has this maturity and elegance that really encompasses a lot .
Your work is always well researched and takes the reader into these different worlds , I loved the introduction to some history of medicine , I had absolutely no idea cystourerhroscopy started in the 19th century. Wade as an adult is amazingly written. He has the poise and grace of Melanie , yet inherited the stamina of his mother. The interaction with India was Rhett is old and cynical, yet I can still recognize a flare of his former self shining underneath. All in all , loved it , can't wait and don't keep us hanging after this cliffhanger a lot .
COCO B chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
This is a Luxe story. A pure luxury to read indeed, as someone pointed out. Please update soon ;)
wickedwms chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
Rubeandodo is right. Your chapters are luxurious. There is always so much to savor. I like to take my time reading your updates so I can thoroughly enjoy them. What a place to leave off. I can't wait to read the next chapter. I hope it is quick in coming. Great job. Thank you so much for continuing this.
Hanna0751 chapter 6 . 7/23/2012
Fantastic story! I'll be waiting for the next chapter :)
131 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »