Reviews for Xenophobia in Beleriand
codename00guest chapter 8 . 8/31
Man, this family has problems... The entire Silmarillion is basically about this family's problems. Eesh. But I do like this one. :)
Sophia the Scribe chapter 8 . 8/23
Another good chapter here. Maedhros and Maglor's descriptions of Turgon were great: "Orodreth is more use" and "I was a better high king," haha! You never want to be a worse High King than Maglor, or less useful than Orodreth. Looking forward to more!
Laerthel chapter 7 . 8/21
First of all, SORRY this review took me so long, especially because I was the one (or at least, I took part of those) who requested the continuation of the story at the first place... I'm really glad you did continue it, and thank you! :)

The result, as before, is really entertaining. I like how the "prejudice" trait remained very visible in the story - judgements like these could easily make the characters appear just black and white, but as you include many opinions on the same character, they get the opportunity to develop a little bit. I really like these caricature versions of the characters, and I tend to believe Feanor was truly regarded as a mental for many-many years... Not without reason, of course... but I admit to have a huge soft spot for the Feanoreans, sometimes bordering extenuation, and it's refreshing to be able to laugh at their faults for once.

P.S.: "With friends like these, who needs enemies..." Oh, dang it. I loved that line.
Uvatha the Horseman chapter 7 . 8/9
My favorite (on Feanor) "You had the world on a silver platter, and you broke it." Love it!
Sophia the Scribe chapter 7 . 8/7
These are really insightful. I love how Finrod is as charitable as possible toward everyone. Please write more!
Blessings, Sophia the Scribe
Ellfine chapter 7 . 8/5
Very perceptive observations indeed! You are the master. I love it! More, please?
Uvatha the Horseman chapter 1 . 8/1
Most excellent!
Ellfine chapter 6 . 7/29
Awesome! Too true! I love it!
Laerthel chapter 5 . 7/25
Now this... this is brilliant! :) Multiple times, I laughed out loud at something which was - honestly - absolutely CANON and very accurate. Very good work!

(While I was reading, it occurred to me how great fun would it be to write the stereotypes of the Houses of the Noldor against each other ;) A shorter list, but possibly very amusing).
Silvara chapter 5 . 6/18
I've understood the Umaiar abd Uvala thing.
Silvara chapter 3 . 6/18
I love this...collection on testimonies. What a nice idea!
But say, why to you write Maiar with a U everytime? As in Umaiar and UValar?
msg839 chapter 5 . 1/31
You know, although you tagged this fanfic as a parody, the title "Xenophobia in Beleriand" couldn't have been more accurate, I mean regarding on what was TRULY going on there... and that line about Luthien having her know, you just speak out my mind about her, I mean while everyone around was suffering to death, she was having her daily picnic in the woods until... until the poor mortal Beren came in!

I enjoyed it pretty much! and some lines are so funny :D. Here go some of them:

The Noldor... As Seen by the Slaves of the Enemy:
Run away! Run away! It's those flame-eyed lunatics again.

The Sindar of Doriath...As Seen by the Dwarves of Belegost:
They started it!

The Dwarves... As Seen by the Noldor: Aule never told us about them, and they aren't in any of our books! Astonishing. They are ugly, but they do make wonderful chainmail.

The People of Hador...As seen by the Dwarves of Belegost and Nogrod:
So that's where the dragon helm went...

The orcs ...As seen by the Noldor:
The orcs were created from elves? Eeew! That can't be right, let's blame the mortals instead.

The seen by the Ents:
Hewers of woods and defilers of what is clean! Those burarum-lalla-rumba-burarum... six hours pass as Treebeard expostulates on the subject of orcs.
Phygmalion chapter 5 . 4/16/2014
Ok, this fic got some laughs out of me. "So that's where the dragon-helm went..." Too many funny quotes to count. Still, it's pretty sad how much the men, elves, and dwarves don't get along. Great job!
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 5 . 3/12/2014
Ahaha! This fic is great, and it actually helped me brush up on who likes (and doesn't like) who. Lovely job!
TMI Fairy chapter 5 . 1/23/2014