Reviews for Viva la Vida
Kasan Soulblade chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Though it seems unlikely that you plan to finish this fic (and no, this isn't some passive aggressive beg for you to update, life happens and I won't chastise you for having to tend to maters outside a tale) I felt a review was in order for this quality fic. Since I've time I'm going to do an overall fic review.

I adore this Giovanni, here he's a suave villainous man who while possessed of ruthlessness seems torn between his pattern of brutality and his want to reach out for his son. I think one of the few redeeming... perhaps salvageable aspect of him is that he knows he's in the wrong and by using his son as a moral compass manages to leash in some of his impulses (I'm thinking of his reaction to Jessie's betrayal, and even his overall treatment of Delia). Of course Ash /would/ see hm as a man who could be salvaged, and while I wish him all the luck in the world... I've gotta go with 'chu on this one, I'd of booked as soon as possible, there's far too much coldness there and he legitimately gives me the creeps with his hyper vigilance and controlling streak.

Still the team dynamic between Rocket and Aqua going head to head, that's definitely a draw to this fic. It's a topic that's rarely explored and one I appreciated despite the brevity. A four way pokemon gang war with the governments getting dragged in covertly is a wonderful premise for a fic, having the rich characterizations of the Idiot Trio, and the regular Twerp cast with their own over arching stories, conflicts and dilemmas on top of that is even better.

Considering Gio was (well in my opinion) so stupid as to let the other teams establish he's shot himself in he foot now that their activities are starting to clash with his. I'm sort of wondering if this is going to be the start of Team Rockets fall as that's the vibe I'm getting from the Archie Gio interactions.

In regards to the prose as a whole I love the attention you give to setting, the rooms of the mansion, the areas preceding that, all are rich, (and wow /that/ was a bad pun) and so detailed it feels like one could take a stroll through the Bosses mansion, slink through the back was or even explore the beaches around it. Having read a lot of fanfiction and traditional literature as a whole I appreciate that level of attention as it's very rare.

Having read your notes I understand there were gaps between updates due to life being difficult, so I won't quibble over the details that occasionally clashed, the only big one that really rankles was that Pikachu's gender was change in the earliest chapters from a girl to a guy after the whole humanization thing... It was the only one that made me stutter to a stop while reading because... well it was a massive error. that had impact and for a while I was wondering how Chu was being so placid about having his/her personal equipment swapped out.

As a whole I adored this fic, but there were some quibbles. While Misty's personality tweek is given enough justification (her turning on Delia seemed incredibly OOC until you expanded on her background) to not be utterly irritating I've got to complain that Ash's temperament swap was almost enough to make me to stop reading.

I can see him being angry, but I can't see him being so... frigid to his mother even in anger because he's shown in canon time and again having flashes of temper then winding down and warming back to friendly even with most of his rivals. And yes, while I understand his father was a huge part of his background (him being missing and everything, hence his desire to be a trainer to emulate dad) he seemed close enough to his mother to at least respect her decision, or at least protest the heck out of Gio locking her up after a day or so. Considering the timing of Ash's flare up/indifference towards his mom, and Misty's shutting down on the woman... well Delia's been given a hard hard hand that feels unequal to her actions... Also I was legitimately scared for her when Gio stumbled drunkenly into her room in that one scene, it's rare I get so attached to a minor character so kudos for that.

Hmm well I've no more thoughts. So I'll cut off here.

Thanks again for this wonderful read and on a personal note I do hope life treats you well from here on out and what trials you had before have receded.

Kasan Soulblade
AlphaRidley chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Stupid fucking misty, hope you kill her off...
AlphaRidley chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Giovanni uses GROUND pokemon... Not flying pokemon!

*murderous facial expression*
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 23 . 11/6/2012
Yay, you're back for another chapter. :D Really liked it how Misty woke up Ash with the Gary tease. It's fine if you don't update any time soon, if at all, considering we all have stuff in our lives to keep us busy, but I was really happy to have another chapter. Kudos for putting this out and making a sick person smile. XD
Johan14th chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
:D
Weeeeeeeeee chapter 22 . 9/20/2011
Wow I am loving this. I really hope you don't kill any one off I would love it if you updated soon, but I understand family and school problems just poses don't forget to update when you can. Hope everything will be ok with your family soon.
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 22 . 5/6/2011
Excellent chapter. C: Well worth the wait.
Soldier of Darkness chapter 22 . 5/6/2011
Rawr at self-righteous people who know nothing, aka Delia. lol Brock and his hormones...

Also, since I know all about what's going on, all I have to say is...bat, and I hope your mom can come home soon.
Hedgi chapter 22 . 5/5/2011
wow. just.. wow.

that was intense, and really good. i got chills during the whole last bit. and poor trio! i hope you don't kill them off, i love 'em.

My prayers are with your mom/ family, and i totally understand about stressful school and dealing with house renovations. the fact that you didn't just give up on the story at all speaks volumes, and i thank you. :) better late than never, right? and it was worth the wait.

hna
sarahelizabeth1993 chapter 21 . 1/29/2011
Oh my. This is sooooo good! Great great chapter!
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 21 . 1/26/2011
Whoa. . So many threats. And undependable Brock. x3 Another great chapter ; sorry for whatever family problems you have right now. D;
Soldier of Darkness chapter 21 . 1/26/2011
Archie is definitely cocky here. XD Just got poor Jessie in even more trouble, even if she went looking for it in the first place. Tsk tsk.
sarahelizabeth1993 chapter 20 . 12/26/2010
This is really good, and two chapters was definitely a treat! Update again soon!
japaneserockergirl chapter 20 . 12/25/2010
Man, things are starting to get intense! And I like how you gave Gary and Brock some perspective, especially Brock. Nobody seems to give him much attention anymore. Update soon!
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 20 . 12/25/2010
x3 Yay, I sense action ! Gary's not dead...and Brock's finally having a scene ! xD Hehe, I wonder if Ash's idea's really going to work out. n-n