Reviews for In Our Garden
GabrielVanArchangel chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Ah, wonderful fic! I really enjoyed reading it!
aliceupsidedown chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
In response to how you wanted it to feel, I think you achieved your goal) It was really well written and I loved the story) Your awesome!
RhythmAndBeat chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
There is definitely a very tender and warm tone to the whole piece, which seems very appropriate for that garden. I had a similar fascination with it, actually with all of Twilight Town, it really sets your imagination to wondering.

Although at the beginning the description felt kind of heavy and repetitive, I did get a clear impression of the atmosphere you were creating, and once Seifer (3) was introduced it all seem to blend together nicely.

One of the strongest impressions I had from your story was that it felt a lot like a fairytale, but I wasn't quite sure if it was the bedtime kind or the gritty Grimm kind. I read the whole thing in my mind with a "storyteller/narrator" voice, similar to the one in "Princess Tutu" if you've seen that show. And at the part about the unfortunate young girl (which I quite liked the idea of, and pictured as Namine :/ ) when it says "Poor little girl." my storyteller sounded very sarcastic, which I loved even if it may not have been your intention.

I would write about how much I adore seiner and you writing them, but I have word vomited enough all over this review already, sorry!

Anyway, suffice to say I really enjoyed it, thank you!
Browncoat chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Well, as long as you meant for the story to go from fluffy to chilly and back again then I'd say that you achieved your aim. You had me worried for a sec there when it looked like Hayner may be repeating history with that swing fall. But it was nice that Seifer cared enough about Hayner to break out of the norm.

I prefer to view this as more of a romance fic than a friendship if they would just kiss or something. ;)
Bonfiore'sGirl chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
I totally got the warm/sleepy tone. In fact, my eyes started to droop. lol This was cute! I liked the repetitiveness in the story about the little girl. It really drove home the feel of a perfect little dolly life. ...Now I want to go plant poppies...