Reviews for Snippets and Snapshots
LJ Summers chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
Hello! I have been cruising through these drabbles and just swooned over this one. The dynamic felt perfect.

Oh, they're so entirely cute. My thanks to the author. :)
bookworm45 chapter 31 . 7/25/2011
McGee is wonderful, but I'm so glad they're worth three McGees to each other. Jealous Gibbs and vulnerable Abby were wonderful. I'm glad they got the truth out there.
jagfanatic chapter 31 . 7/24/2011
*smishes Gabby*

In vino veritas!

Translation: Drunk characters are soooooo much fun to write. :P
catgrl chapter 31 . 7/12/2011
Its about time they get together... Wonder if they will on the show.
wandamarie chapter 31 . 7/10/2011
stareagle chapter 31 . 7/10/2011
The temperature was rising to steaming in my imagination when I read this... I think you stopped too soon. Worthy of another chapter. How can I go to work with this on my mind? My concentration will be shot to hell as my imagination flames into over drive!

You did a fabulous job of setting the stage for this encounter. I love your stories and envy your talent for swiftly bringing intense emotions into focus for your characters and readers. Thank you for sharing. Hope all is well in your life. stareagle
Guest chapter 31 . 7/10/2011
"Sandy Watson was an amazing kid. Her knowledge of sound frequencies had blown Abby's mind – she knew, as the hearing child of deaf parents, that where one sense failed others made up for the deficit, but even so…" - She WAS an amazing little kid, though that piano playing brought back painful (for my mom, who paid for them; me, who had to take them; and the piano teachers, who had to give them) childhood memories of the years of piano lessons when it should have been obvious in year one of said lessons that I had no talent or aptitude in that direction.

"After the case was over, she skipped out of work early and headed to the nearest bar, staring up at the wall of NCIS agents killed in the line of duty for a moment before approaching the bartender. "Hey, Pacci. We still miss you." The photograph didn't respond, of course. But Abby didn't mind. She had faith that Chris Pacci, killed a few months back, knew she was thinking about him." - AW!

"By the time Gibbs walked into the bar, she was drunk. He obviously hadn't expected to see her there, and she hadn't expected him to walk in, either. She'd resolved never to get drunk around him, in case something inappropriate – meaning, contradictory to his rule number twelve – slipped out. Even so, she couldn't bring herself to get up, make her excuses and leave. "Hey, Gibbs. Buy you a drink?" There were reservations in his expression, too, but he accepted with a nod, sliding into the seat beside her as she ordered a bourbon, straight up. What else would Gibbs be drinking, after all? "You okay, Abbs?" She shrugged. "Sure. Why wouldn't I be?" "You're wasted." She raised her glass in an ironic toast. "To your excellent powers of observation. Wanna join me?" He smiled a little, though his heart wasn't in it, and clinked his glass against hers. "What's eating you?" "I don't get how a father could put his amazing wife and kid through total hell, just for cash. I mean, she could have died. Or worse, lost her hearing. She's so talented, but he goes and does that. Why?" Gibbs shook his head, taking a gulp of his own drink. "Don't know." She was drunk, but not drunk enough not to notice the pain in his eyes. "What's eating you?" "Same thing." She didn't ask why; just leaned her head against his shoulder. He put his arm around her, his breath escaping in a sigh, and together, they finished their drinks in silence." - AW!

"Gibbs! Just because I couldn't hack the damn Pentagon on my own, that doesn't mean I'm incompetent when it comes to computer forensics! I mean, okay, McGee's really smart and he went to MIT and he's better trained at that stuff than I am, and has more experience, but-" Gibbs didn't want to hear it. Bad enough that he'd witnessed their flirtation earlier on – he was more than aware that by hiring McGee as a field agent, he was giving him more access to Abby. Great. One minute you're mourning your dead wife and daughter, and the next you're getting jealous that Abby has feelings for McGee. He knew it was illogical, but that didn't mean he could control it. Especially not with alcohol around. "Abby." She stopped mid-sentence, looking at him expectantly. "What?" "You're worth three McGees to me." She visibly brightened, and leaned over the table to give him a hug. "Aww, Gibbs… the feeling is totally mutual." - AW!

"She visibly brightened, and leaned over the table to give him a hug. "Aww, Gibbs… the feeling is totally mutual." Somehow, he doubted she'd still say that if she knew the truth. That her presence had distracted him from the ghosts of his past. That the memories of her face, her body, her voice, her smile were enough to get him hard when he was home alone at night." - Which shows how much Gibbs, even though he is the left hand of Jahwe (or so said DiNozzo), knows.

"Get a grip," he muttered to himself. Love to, his mind responded instantly. A grip on her." - Hehehe.

"I can't get into a serious relationship when my heart belongs to…" She trailed off, looking relieved that she'd managed to stop herself, and then finished softly, "Someone else." "Lucky guy," Gibbs said, and meant it. Anyone who managed to win Abby's heart would be. And yeah, he was jealous, but what could he do? Abby fidgeted, her eyes on the table top. "He doesn't think so." Then he's an idiot. Gibbs washed down the words with more bourbon. "He say that to you?" She shrugged, still not meeting his eyes. "He doesn't know. But I'm not his type." The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them. "Abby, you're smart, you're beautiful and you're a good person. You couldn't not be his type." She did look at him, then, seeming startled at the compliments he shouldn't have paid her. Then her lips curved in a wry smile. "For starters, I have the wrong hair colour." The way she was looking at him – so vulnerable beneath the bravado, as if he held the power to shatter her very existence – made his instincts hum with realisation. The truth didn't dawn on him instantly, though, and he was too slow." - AW!

"Cupping her face in his hand, he leaned in and kissed her gently. Abby's eyes widened, then fluttered closed, and she returned his kiss tentatively, her shoulder tense under his palm, as if she expected him to reconsider at any moment. Wanting nothing more than to chase away her doubts, he deepened the kiss, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. She melted against him, relaxing into the embrace, and her tongue brushed his for the first time, sending a jolt of desire through him. He broke off before his inebriated brain decided to take things further right there, right then, dimly aware of the smattering of applause and catcalls from some of the bar's patrons. They weren't worth his time and attention, though. All his awareness was centred upon the promise in Abby's smile, and he returned it, tugging one of her pigtails gently. "Feel better now?" "I'll feel better when we go somewhere private," she said, her voice low and seductive. The part of his brain that fancied itself a gentleman protested. "Abbs, we're way too drunk for that now." "You think you'll regret it when we sober up?" Her confidence was high, but still, there was a fragility to her question. He shook his head. "Not a chance. But-" Abby held up a hand to silence him. "Then I'm calling us a cab. That okay with you?" It was more than just 'okay'. The gentleman within him retreated, overpowered by the lustful and longing and altogether drunk parts of his mind. He nodded, and Abby grinned, pulling her cell phone from her pocket. "Good. Discussion over." How could he argue with that?" - Yay!
PTBvisiongrrl chapter 31 . 7/10/2011
Very well written chapter, loved "slow" Gibbs.
cheether chapter 31 . 7/10/2011
Good story, I like the interaction between these two.
catgrl chapter 30 . 5/23/2011
Chapters 24-30 were really good. I can't wait for more..
boymommytotwo chapter 30 . 3/27/2011
::squee!:: working down defenses... those two... ;;)
wandamarie chapter 30 . 3/26/2011