Reviews for Dry Clean Only
MadDelight chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
possibly your most brilliant one since "someone call for a narrator". ive been reading all the one-shots slowly, trying to catch up. and god. this is exactly how i felt about the episode as well. Nice job. seriously kudos.

my favs:

And Brennan? Brennan has the mentions. Sort of. Mentions: the affliction characterized by the bringing up of irrelevant persons in conversations due to some obscure connection to said conversation. Usually a crush is involved.

EXACTLY. i was thinking,"" brennan wow, stop saying "Catherine" or im going to shoot the tv screen with my nerf gun, hopefully nailing you in your big brainy forehead. "

So we're waiting. But they're not. They're moving, treading water in the spin cycle.

She wants him and she wants the buffers that keep her from him. For now that's Hacker, and her work, and their partnership. He wants her and he wants love. She's told him those are mutually exclusive so he's trying the other on for a while, like a tie around the forehead, like a weekend at fantasy camp.

Sheer brilliance. and the fact that your "angela voice" caught all that undercurrent. bravo.
Cat1030 chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Love it!
BarbBwBbCap chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
My God, you sum up these episodes so beautifully! You just have a way with tying all the pieces together... having even the more mundane episodes speak truer and more completely on the whole evolution of their story... bravo.
eyrianone chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Booth says, "You'd die for your partner, that's the way I look at it." And now we're getting somewhere.

Because you do. You die for your partner. You take bullets. You tell lies. You get drinks after hours and talk about dating people who aren't each other. Little deaths, every day.

Wow - that's perfect, absolutely perfect - Bravo.
fictitiousgirl08 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Even if you didn't love the episode (and let's be honest here, neither did I), you have some awesome, awesome lines in this that I can only wish I'd come up with.
jsq chapter 1 . 5/6/2010

I loved this. It wasn't my favorite episode either, but your Angela-caps help.
AmandaFriend chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Very insightful. I love the voice who sees things that our hapless heroes haven't quite figured out.
PhoenixTears89 chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I guess all that really decides where I comment is where I find your fics first. Oh well, same username.

Anyway... this started out very cute. I liked "the mentions" (before I kept thinking of "word vomit" from Mean Girls; I like your diagnosis better)

Then, I got to the commentary on the last scene, and the cute went back outside to play and SHEER AWESOMENESS came in instead. Aw-someness. Too much? Yeah, I thought so.

"Like, if they really fall apart, he won't believe a little less in love when the truth is, if they fall apart love will believe a little less in itself."

It's some strange mix of hyperbole and anthropomorphism, and I adore it to little bits and pieces.

"You die for your partner. You take bullets. You tell lies. You get drinks after hours and talk about dating people who aren't each other. Little deaths, every day... But you don't live for your partner."

Loved how you went from a literal to a figurative death... Booth's line just became a lot more meaningful to me. The writers probably didn't mean it that way, but... that's ok!

"It's like watching some rich phony clumsily strum a Les Paul, get his fingerprints all over it. He has to look away. Really away. Or it's gonna get ugly."

Nice analogy. I'd noticed Booth seems pretty unconcerned about Hacker (compared to how Brennan is about Catherine, certainly, and even compared to how he was with David and Sully, and Hacker in NatBM), but I wasn't sure if it was because he knows it's going nowhere, he's decided it's none of his business and is dedicated to moving on, or if, as you're suggesting, he can't stand to focus on it too much because he absolutely hates the idea.

"She's told him those are mutually exclusive so he's trying the other on for a while, like a tie around the forehead, like a weekend at fantasy camp...But the reality is, they don't need a tie because they have a certain belt buckle. They don't need a mix tape because they have a rock'n'roll song. And they don't need to keep dying for each other, to keep killing one another if only they can figure out how to live."

THIS. 3 I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I love how you pick themes/motifs, introduce them oh so innocently, twist them around a bit, and then- BAM! throw them in at the end on the perfect concluding note.

Yes, I'm aware that probably made no sense. That's why you're the author, and I'm not.
elm377 chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Wow! Are you really Angela in disguise?

Perfect characterisation... and I agree with you kind of a blah episode... bu the end was a perfect summation...

Where is AngeHodgins chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I'm a huge Bones fan, and after 100th episode, I was really nervous how they were going to handle the whole "dating" other people thing on the show. Not that I can't take it if it's handled right because let's face it, they're married, they just don't know it yet and they've been dating other people for five years and it never bothered me before. But after that episode, where Boothe is standing there, so vulnerable, and Brennan is crying but saying no and then the next week she's hanging out with his bigheaded boss I wanted to throw crap. Seriously? That guy? She won't let herself love/date Boothe because he is her partner (never mind that it could be dealt with) but she can date his boss, thats not a conflict of interest. ick.
So I did like the fantasy camp episode because Big head boss wasn't in it (or if he was I don't remember).

Anyway...I really liked your review/story, it felt really close to how Angela would write it and I felt you covered Bones and Boothe to a T. I just think it is obvious Hodgins and Angela are getting back together and that wasn't mentioned, that dynamic or at least what her feelings are.
stephaniew chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Great as always! I know what you mean about the episode...it was funny to watch them dance around on stage b/c they really did look like they were having fun but the whole thing was a little schtick-y in my opinion. Loved the line about love believing a little less in itself and the last part about learning how to live. I'm finding that my patience with them torturing each other and figuring it out is wearing thin...tension only works when you don't say anything out loud. Once Booth confessed to loving her, now it's out there and has to be dealt with. Anyway, sorry for the ranting! Thanks for channeling Angela again! :)