Reviews for Eye of the Storm
Sailor Pandabear chapter 34 . 9/7
NoirRenamon chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Nice beggining! Cant wait to see what happens next!
fukuji mihoko chapter 34 . 11/14/2011

I just finished the whole story, and now I'm kind of sad it's over : You know that feeling, when you find something you really like, and then you read through it really quickly, and then it's finished? I hate that feeling ._.

But, yeah. I love Sento, and I love how you made him such a likable character, even though he started off as such as horrible person... I like charismatic anti-hero type characters like that. Like Alex from a Clockwork Orange. But, ahaha, nobody is as much of a bastard as him XDDD But I got vibes of that from reading about Sento, kinda-sorta. Even if he did turn out to be a woobie XD

And I really like how you handled Natsuhi :3 She's one of my favorite adults in the series, and to see her being such a loving mother towards Sento, and regretting what she did... that was so heart-warming _;;

Jessie/Sento is like... better than Jessie/Kanon XD At least, in here. Sento was a lot more fleshed out than Kanon, who kind of came across as being a bit two-dimensional.

Beato and Battler's relationship was great, too XD~ And I love how you used all the human characters... although I was hoping for some more meta people to be of use in some epic fight, like Gaap or the stakes... but I guess the cast was huge anyway, and I don't know if you would've been able to fit them in anywhere. Plus, the last fight was totally Jessie's, so it was good she managed to do that by herself _

Ah, but about the very last chapter... Hm, idk. I liked it an all, and I liked the conclusion, but something about 'they all have babies now, their lives are complete, yay!' kind of... idk, it's such a domestic ending XD And I'm not a fan of those. I think I would've liked it more if not /all/ the women had babies, but that's just me XD

This was a really great story.

I loved it _;;

And thank you for writing it!~
fukuji mihoko chapter 21 . 11/13/2011
Well, I've been reading this story slowly on and off thruout this day, and I still really like it _; I figure now is as good a time to stop and leave the rest till tomorrow, given next is the 'third arc' XD

Um, anyway. I already said this, but your writing style is excellent. It flows very well, it's smooth, paced well, and there are no unecessary details, but everything is described just fine. This is the sort of writing that makes popular, published books :3

And now, onto characters and plot.

You're juggling the huge cast from Umineko remarkably well, and none of the human characters have been left out. I like how you portrayed Beato and Battler's relationship, and I really like Maria, even if she hasn't appeared very much XD She's so IC with her kikikikis. And I was very happy to see Ronove and Virgilia, cause I loveee themmm~ Even if they don't do much, I'm just glad they're there XD~ Sento is an interesting OC, he's not too intrusive, and seems to fit into the universe pretty well. He's interesting. And I like Lambda, she's delightfully evil _;;

Um, on the flipside, I think maybe Rudolf /is/ a little too harsh in regards to the baby, and I figure he'd be more supportive given he's been a lousy situation like that before. And Kyrie would definitely be more supportive, given she was in a situation where she was pregnant with nobody to care for the baby. Jessica and Kanon's relationship seems kind of flat, too... Though that's probably because of the Shkanon thing, and the fact that Kanon /can't/ 'be human' in canon given he's actually Shannon, so that relationship is pretty much doomed XD But that's not your fault, because this story was started before ep7.

And on the plot...

I admit, I was a little lost in some places XD But that's not really the fault of your writing, and more to do with my comprehension skills, most likely. I the very repetative style of Ryukishi was very helpful for somebody like me, who misses little details a lot, but this story isn't written like that so it's harder for me to follow all the reasoning/logic sections XD Still not your fault.

But I did see the plot twist with Sento coming for a while XD

Um, and I find the storm to be a little unrealistic; like, if there was a storm for... 3 months or something, wouldn't that seriously impede on the adults and their businesses? What would they eat? They couldn't get any more food to the island in that situation. And... can storms even last that long? XDD That's like, the one complaint I have here; but I appreciate the storm is needed to keep everyone on the island for such a long period of time.

I think my favorite part of this fic is Beato and her baby, tbh. Her relationship with Battler is written very well, and your portrayal of emotions is very strong _;

So, overall. I really like this story, despite a few minor problems it might have. And I'm definitely going to read the rest. Tomorrow, ahaha XD~
fukuji mihoko chapter 8 . 11/13/2011
I love this story a lot so far. You have such a nice, engaging writing style, and you've put so many characters in here, and they all seem IC...

I can't really fault it.

This is an awesome story _;;
fukuji mihoko chapter 2 . 8/11/2011

Dere Beato is so adorable I could die XD

Which is a good thing XD
emirozus chapter 34 . 3/19/2011
Wah~! I loved this sooo muchhh!

Jessica/Kanon is like my freaking OTP so I die a little every time they did something cute. The Battler/Beato was cute, too. I liked the entire plot- it's very original and well crafted- and I liked how you portrayed all the characters.

Quick question: does it tell you Kanon's real name? This is the second time I've seen someone refer to Kanon as Yoshiya somewhere else on this website I believe, and I just wanted to know if it was true.

It's really cool that you could come up with something original like this! I'm trying to write a Jessica/Kanon story right now, but I just can't seem to get the whole setting right with the dates, the prescence of witches etc. considering that there's SO MUCH FREAKING STUFF GOING ON.

Anyways, fantastic job! Your writing is amazing, along with your other Umineko stories (Firsts was good & so was the Fruity Secrets or something like that one)!

Happy writing!

AnimaniacXOX chapter 34 . 9/1/2010
This was so cute and heartwarming. And I think the word cute doesn't fit...hehehe

A bit, I mean a teensy tiny bit disappointed that Kanon...or shoul I say Yoshiya didn't show up at the end..

Anyways Beautiful story! Now that fits!
PandoraHearts101 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I love you. just win, so effin' much. I read this story; kudos for a well-written Jessica-centric story, by the way, as they're not too common; and I was all, "OMG, I should go see if you've written anything else for Umineko/Higurashi." And as I scrolled down baboom! The story with Shion and Satoshi came up.

you are my god. Excuse me while I grovel.
Kirino chapter 34 . 8/4/2010
Fitting end to a nice story. Congrats on yet another When They Cry success. Looking forward to more in the future!
ludenberg chapter 34 . 8/3/2010
aww, it's over? sob.

I enjoyed reading this all in all. 3
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 34 . 8/3/2010
It was fun from start to finish. I liked how everything ended happily for them. Let's see what happens next? If there are oneshots based on this story.
skywolf666 chapter 34 . 8/3/2010
Lol, you really have grown as an author, if this story is anything to take with a grain of pure salt. I followed along with the plot with great interest, and I enjoyed the characterization of Sento and the on-your-feet feel of the game's process. I enjoyed the story from start to finish, even if I found myself lagging behind the logic whenever I was short on sleep or attention. Stories that make you flip back five pages to reread what you just read are always the best ones... I'm getting really off tangent here, aren't I?

Anyway... I had fun walking beside, and behind, you while this story continued on and made its path. I really should get some rest. XD I pulled an awesome all-nighter and my eyes are dragging and it's just hitting eight o'clock now... Blah. I'm not sure what else to really put down here, but if I remember, I'll be sure to pm you and hassle you with my praise or thoughts!

skywolf666 chapter 33 . 7/26/2010
Lol, I'm a tiny bit surprised by how eager Sento was to make things okay for Jessica... He really is a sympathetic boy. (pouts) I'm really going to need to get over myself and just say kudos to him... You did an awesome job with writing him as a magnificent bastard, you really did... XD

ludenberg chapter 33 . 7/26/2010
Sento must be lonely, all alone. And the last part, with Jessica and Sento, was... cute, to say the least. XD

aww, poor little Ange~ can't you cover your ears with your pillow instead?