Reviews for The Good Star
Thimble chapter 16 . 10/27/2013
Gosh there's a high bodycount in this story. It's really good, though!

I really liked your interpretation of Cernd; in the vanilla game it's easy to see him as wishy-washy, and this guy who appears so mild because he *really* has a grip on his temper is a nice change. I'm... hoping that, Cernd being a lycanthrope, a simple noose won't be enough to kill him all-the-way dead. It is full moon, after all...

Great story, and I hope you write more. :-)
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 16 . 2/27/2013
Always great to see another chapter of this fic. :D I enjoyed reading this one as always. I thought that the fight scene using Jaheira worked well, with the strong struggle between druids.

The discovery at the end definitely came as shocking to me! Which probably was what you intended. I thought that it was a waste of potential, from the space you'd put into characterising Cernd earlier and because I think he's a character who can be interesting. But it probably had its desired impact. I'm looking forward to reading more of the story - your writing is beautiful.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 15 . 10/24/2012
Neat to see another chapter of this fic! I enjoyed it. Angelo's story about his past and his propensity to change sides was very interesting to read. The barfight was also enjoyable to read, and I'm liking what you're doing with the druid plot. Isabel's connection of Irenicus to leaving Cernd worked in the story, though I'm sure Cernd himself won't blame her for it once he's freed. I'll be interested to read what you choose to do with Faldorn and Cernd - I feel like they're two quite underappreciated characters, especially with the conundrum of how Faldorn changed between BG1 and BG2. Good chapter. :)
Late to the Party chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
This is brilliant; I really enjoyed this chapter. I wish I'd read it sooner. Imoen's banter with Isabel is inspired. The Ulraunt exchange is a wonderful way of putting across day-to-day life, the characters, and the setting all in one fell swoop. Gorion's clash with Ulraunt is wonderful too.

Blue-Inked Frost chapter 14 . 4/16/2012
It was fantastic to see another chapter of this! :D I thought the dreams were very vivid and I enjoyed reading your interpretation of Angelo's and Tamoko's relationship. I also quite liked your Cernd; I actually enjoy him in game although he is a bit laid back compared to other NPCs! I'm looking forward to reading more.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 13 . 1/14/2012
Keto in the beginning of the chapter reminded me a bit of Imoen as being the quirky, joking team member. Accompanying the caravan as guards is a very practical way of transport! Armin's point of view is interesting but feels a little bland at this point, with Zakary and his family seeming more complicated. I wonder what further part you plan him to play in the story? The line about asking Lily Lurraxol to the dance made me smile. :) I wonder if the face-chewing squirrel was a shapeshifter of some kind? I also enjoyed the sparring scene. Nice chapter, always good to see more of this!
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 12 . 12/15/2011
I liked the description of Amn's council, and the description of the bureaucracy. :) Just a note, isn't Kara-Tur the word for 'Asia' and Kozakura the specific country Angelo comes from in the mod? Good to see the group seeking out prospects for employment, and interesting to meet the Harpers and see your version of the Harper plot. A nice amount of detail and description across all of this.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 11 . 11/1/2011
Excellent chapter! I thought you made Spellhold a suitably awful place to be confined in. I liked the backstories of the inhabitants you chose to tell, especially Naljier Skal, and the details you added in about Spellhold's logistics and reasons. Wanev and the other mages having reasons to experiment on the inhabitants, for instance. You made it seem a threatening place. It was good to hear from Imoen's point of view too, to show the need to rescue her...although things for her are probably going to get a lot worse! Those Cowled Wizards are creepy, as many organisations with overmuch power. Bravo.
Ilyenna chapter 11 . 11/1/2011
Ahhh Spellhold. It's easy to forget sometimes while charname is off cavorting through the Amnish countryside where Imoen is and what's likely happening to her. Especially if you do all the quests before heading off to fetch her!

A little dark yes, but very well written. I've got a sinking feeling Im is in for more 'attention' in the future. :(

Glad to see another chapter!
Ilyenna chapter 10 . 10/22/2011
This might be my favorite chapter so far. Really well done, the characters are starting to come alive and your interpretation of Angelo and Jaheira in particular and becoming more robust. You really start to get a sense of their demons here. The more the story goes on the more I want to read! I hope you will keep up with it, it's really very well done so far and I'm enjoying it very much. I'm so glad someone decided to write a story incorporating the Angelo mod. I've played through many character mods over the years and Sister V's is one of my favorites.

I have to say I really liked the use of the "no one tells you survival tastes like ashes" line.

I think one of the tricks to the Angelo story line is how these two people could possibly come to care for each other. It's hard to narrate it when it's something that sneaks up on both of them, it happens before either would be likely to admit it to themselves or even be fully aware of it. You're doing great so far. :)

More please!
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 10 . 10/19/2011
I've been enjoying reading this story; I like the way you've written the characters you're using and the complexities between them. I hope you continue with it!
Imbir chapter 9 . 6/24/2011
I am so glad that you've decided to continue this story! Dialogues, action scenes and descriptions are very well written, characters are deep, fresh and interesting, and I really, really like Isabel - she's just so real, with all her virtues and flaws. And it's nice to see that you've changed some "canon" things from the game and expended others - it makes me wonder what will happen next, even though I've played this game so many times and I know it very well. It's like going trough BG story for the first time, and I thank you for that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to read the next chapter and I hope we will see it soon. See you!
Lalaithe chapter 9 . 6/8/2011
Always good to read more of this! I love how you're making was was (to me at least) a slightly annoying side quest into something really interesting. The investigations are great and I can feel everyone's frustration. It has quite a dramatic, almost modern feel to it.

I like how Angelo and Yoshimo bounce off each other. Yoshimo is very sharp and subtle, but his expressions of kindness throw off any big suspicions. His scene with Keto was lovely. Keto is lovely too, and you make great use of an underrated character. The world these people inhabit is filled with violence but the glimpses of humanity have a great restorative effect.

And Isabel's temperment and attitude can't entirely hide her uncertainties. I liked Angelo's response to Yoshimo about their relationship, quite revealing. You've left the story on an edgy note and I hope there's more soon!
Pontenigra chapter 8 . 5/6/2011
Frankly, I didn't expect to see any more chapters of this. I am thrilled to be wrong! It is getting better and better. It is beautifully written, with just the right ration of dialoge and action, beautiful description and most importantly - very well designed characters. I am saying 'desingned' because you manage to give the NPC's a new 'feel', even though they stay in character. I like that Isabel is really not perfect... Usually you see only some minor flaws in the main character, like 'being stubborn', which is not really perceived as a flaw, or being an angry spitfire, which makes the main character more sexy. Isabel, however, gives the words spitfire and stubborn a new meaning :) She makes mistakes, and she is being stupid about them, and I like that.

Angelo is still spot on, and Yoshimo is positively endearing. Jaheira is Jaheira, but very human and I actually like her in your story (she is not my favourite, usually). Keto - I haven't played her in the game, but she makes a nice addition. I am curious about her development.

You got me hooked up again! (Plus, I am writing a novel now, and you inspire me a lot.)

Ilyenna chapter 8 . 4/25/2011
Yay! So glad to see this story isn't dead. The tension is very well written, it's even uncomfortable to read almost! I want to beg Isabel to please make up with Jaheira at this point! :)

can't wait to read the next chapter!