Reviews for Happiness
boneslver chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Sooo cute! It was just like the show continued for a few minutes! Very well written!
The Guy in 8B chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I really liked this. Nothing was overwritten and when i got to the no-more-dinners-with-catherine bit my heart did a little flutter :)Very good work.
Beca Mitchell-Swanson chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I love reading your stories. You always write the characters so well! And this one is no exception...Totally perfect Brennan and Booth.

I always tell you my fave quote, right? This time it's "I don't flail, Booth. I'm a talented dancer whose skills are underappreciated." I have the Dead Man's Party promo video from last year on my computer, and I watch it everyday...Brennan CAN dance! LoL.
Savior Emma Swan chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Cute! The fact that I hadn't had the opportunity to read this before now is a testament to my crazy life! Did Booth and Catherine officially break up at some point or are you taking some creative liberty?
Monk'ichii chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Yeah ! They have to dance together ! When Booth said "and.. a dance", i thought they were going to dance right now ! In th rain, gosh, that would be amazing *O* !

Stay out Catherine ! Bones is soo jealous to my opinion, but she doesn't show it...

"Little Bones" that was so cute from Booth !
here-not-there chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
time flies so fast, only two more epis. :( this episode was cute, Sweets was hilariously cute. :)

I wonder what Booth meant when he wished for Bones' happiness. We all know, he knows and may I dare say, Bones knows. ;D oh if only it would come true soon.

People dance in the rain? I love this line! Dancing in the rain is one if the best pleasures in life! Heehee
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Hello! Sorry this has taken a while. I have to say first, I do love the title of the episode! Reminds me of one of my favourite childhood, and adulthood, books :) I liked all the little hints of the magic in this, and I liked how you brought in, as always, all those little gestures that bring the scene to life, a little touch of voodoo even maybe :) I can picture Booth twirling spells between his fingers, and how their eyes connect as they talk, and what this hints at between them. I loved the dialogue, how it snapped back and forth, but was thoughtful as well. As always, you write Booth's feelings excellently, and it was a natural progression of feelings, how he came to his decision about getting over, or not getting over Brennan. Loved the optimism of the ending also :)
csiAngel chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Squeeee! I love this! That is what is going to happen. Booth will give up trying to get over Brennan. Hee! Well done you. This is a lovely addition to the episode :) You're so good at writing these characters.
CreATiveGenIuS18 chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
omgggggggggggg this was awsome i really enjoyed...u really do capture Brennan in your fics its reall amazing i can't wait for more of your fics u Rock

xoxo

leah
Dream4aSleepyZombie chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
wow I really liked it, thank you for posting. Could you do a sequel with him dancing in the rain with her it would be so sweet. Well done
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Another amazing fic and another great example of your superb dialogue.

"He tried to get over Brennan-no, Bones-and move on with his life. He knew all along that 'getting over her,' was something he was incapable of doing, but he owed it to himself to try. And he failed miserably." Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...that's it. I love that. The look on his face when he was telling her all the things he wished for her...I really don't think he's given up on her. I think when he told her 'all right' in the 100th episode he was just allowing that she needed more time. At least that's what I'm telling myself now.

This fic really captures their dynamic as well. I love how it shows that even after what happened they're still them. I know other people were disappointed about a lack of emotional follow up to the 100th, but this is what it's about. They're so solid and so meant for each other that even something like her rejecting him can't throw them off really.

Fantastic fic!

Leah
CatalinaC chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Excellent story. Well written, true to character and perfectly in line with last nights ep. It was so good in fact, it may one of those fics that I forget wasn't an actual episode.
ScienceBehindFiction chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Aww that was absolutely adorable, great job! :D
Cat1030 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Loved it!
bookish327 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
"If I don't want those things myself..." obviously hurt him, though I don't think Brennan realized how he would take that before she said it. She just was speaking in her rational way about a hypothetical situation. That was very in-character. Good writing, as always.

Also, the part about Parker preferring a football or a slimy worm to twisted paper, though fire would seem cool to him, was very true about a boy his age. Good little tidbit you had there.

I also liked that he called her on her bringing up Catherine so much because she was able to explain it and then ask whether she should stop asking about her & Parker. He'd NEVER want her to stop asking about Parker, and it was important that he understood why she asked about Catherine (so it wouldn't feel to him a little like she was "twisting the knife" of her rejection of him, forcing him to date someone else). She's trying to keep all of the lines of communication open and to stay a part of all aspects of his life because she probably still fears that he'll leave her and refuse to be her partner because of her not wanting to change their relationship the way he wanted to. Until she realizes that he'll never leave her (except in death), she's going to be stuck in her need to not "rock the boat" of their partnership. I would really love it if, at some point (whether in fan-fiction or on the show), he finds a way to explain it to her in way that she can understand and accept that when you TRULY love someone the way that they love each other, you'll never leave them. You'll always be there, fighting for that love, the same way they always continuously fight for the other each time one of them has been in mortal peril. They don't give up, no matter what, because they love each other.

I'm so glad that Booth realized that, though he'd made the attempt to "move on," it wasn't going to work and he wouldn't be dating Catherine any longer. What he has with Brennan is IT for him, even if it's still platonic (to some degree) right now. No other woman is going to be able to take her place for him, and he just has to remain patient and hopeful that things will change for them (and hopefully, soon). Between their working together by day and dinner at the diner & late-night Thai food at her place, etc., they spend most of their time together, anyway. They're both the one that each would most love to spend time with, 24/7; no one else will ever take her place or surpass their bond, and it's foolish to string Catherine along in his attempt to get past his feelings for Brennan.

I felt that they regained a great deal of their earlier relaxed comfort and ease in each other's presence one-on-one; it didn't seem strained as much as it had since the 100th episode. So, I feel that they're back on track to moving slowly, slowly forward in their relationship, and if she can identify her recent feelings about Catherine as jealousy, that might help her along a little, too. She also needs to stop using Hacker as a crutch in her attempt to keep Booth in the "partner" category and her dating-life separate. The longer she keeps dating him, the harder and messier it will be (especially for Hacker's & Booth's working relationship) when it ends.