Reviews for The Fifth Act
lala32903 chapter 38 . 2/20
Ah, Cloud. You really whould know the rule of thumb with ninjas:
If they did something without your knowledge, it's best not knowing how they did it.
I really like how this story was planned, especially with Cloud as a kind-of unintentional villain.
The story was a nice change from the ones that are essentially: Rescue pretty much everyone, immediately befriend Sephiroth etc.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 38 . 2/18
Yep. I'd say this fic was absolutely perfect.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 35 . 2/18
As soon as I read the group entering Nibelheim, I realized just how amazing of a story I was reading. This isn't the average time travel fic. Back as a teen first reading this, I couldn't properly appreciate it. Man, the difference a few years can make. You're amazing, never stop writing.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 34 . 2/18
Ah, here it is. The last chapter I read before an absurdly long break and me breaking away from FFVII fanfics. It's been a few years, and I only have the vaguest of memories that ghost by whenever re-reading a big plot point. I can't wait to see how it all ends. But, I'm gonna be kind of sad since stories of this caliber are a rare sight and even harder to find.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 11 . 2/17
Aww Cloud you're so dumb.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 5 . 2/17
Dammit Cloud stop trying to kill people. It's not helping.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 2 . 2/4
I meant to say this last chapter but you are so lucky. I almost never reread stories that I follow and favorite. I just add them and move on to find something else to read but since this story has been nagging me for two days now I decided to go ahead and reread it since I really liked it the first time.
spoonring chapter 3 . 1/31
I'm rereading this, I got hit by the cloud feels unexpectedly this month.
Ikurus chapter 38 . 12/26/2014
This story is amazing.
I especially loved the part where Cloud realizes it's the nearly random act of kindness that changed the future in the end.
Thank you for writing and sharing this.
Penny chapter 38 . 12/23/2014
Bravissimo! This has to be by far my favourite time-travelling-Cloud story to date. I could go on for hours about what I enjoyed, but I'm on my phone; so typing's difficult. Suffice to say that I have greatly enjoyed reading this, and I'll have to check out anything else you've written ASAP.
zephyr hb chapter 38 . 12/7/2014
it was kinda hard for my feelings but good 4 my heart.
Ale123456 chapter 38 . 11/23/2014
That story was amazing! I LOVED it!
All of the characters felt very in-character. Although I enjoy pairing fics, I loved the fact that you kept this as a friendship fic. It felt very realistic, almost as though it could have actually happened in canon.

As I was reading the story, I was rooting for Cloud to kill Hojo and Jenova, but I actually really love the fact that it wasn't him that managed to kill either. Cloud managed to fix everything through an act of compassion rather than through the act of vengeance that he was planning on taking. I really adored the fact that they all became friends in the end, and friends that Cloud actually felt he could rely on. Things feel so much healthier for him by the end of this.

One thing that kinda made me sad was how at no point in the story did anybody trust Sephiroth except for Vincent. Neither Genesis nor Angeal trusted him to help try to heal them. Genesis even hid it once Sephiroth was already suspicious. Genesis and Zack didn't trust him not to betray ShinRa (though they did have reasonable reason to doubt I guess). Cloud had very good reason not to trust Sephiroth, but it's kinda sad to me that time and time again, the others go to each other for help/advice and actively hide things from him. And there are points in the story where we the reader know that he's aware of that fact.

I think Sephiroth and Cloud would be very good for each other (not romantically per se) especially because they can keep each others' insanity in check. I don't know why, but I really enjoy fics that are realistically canon in tone that allow those two to interact as friends. For me, their dynamic is one of the most interesting.

Another thing I loved about this fic was the altered dynamic between Zack and Cloud and Aeris and Cloud. I loved how both automatically were drawn to and cared very much for Cloud even though the situation was very different.

I also loved Cloud being put in Zack's place this time around. I mean it was sad and kinda heart-breaking at times, but I still enjoyed reading it. And I still hate Hojo.

Also, I was wondering about how Sephiroth would have ended the play. You didn't specifically answer it, and I was curious. I guess the happy ending might be an obvious guess, but I was wondering if instead it was the happy ending but instead of the hero slaying the monster, the hero saved the monster? I was thinking that because Sephiroth tends to self-identify as a monster. *shrug*

Anyway, great job! I absolutely loved everything about this story!

Thank you for writing this story.
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 38 . 11/12/2014
wow, amazing ,its was a great job,
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 24 . 11/11/2014