Reviews for The Fifth Act
arispuffer chapter 38 . 5/13/2020
Thank you so so much for this story, it eveeything I didnt know I needed in my life

To anyone reading this before goimg to the story, you may want to set like 4-5 hours beside just to read it whem you got to chapter 30. You vant fucking stop.
Vespera chapter 38 . 5/6/2020
Wow this was an excellent read! Thank you for sharing. Each character was complex and interesting.
Diaspared chapter 38 . 4/30/2020
I think that Cloud's imprisonment went on a bit too long for my liking, but I absolutely LOVED the role reversal in the reactor.

I'm such a sucker for "hero becomes the greatest bad guy of all" things, heh.

This story was absurdly good. Thank you, sincerely, for writing it.
ZomDem chapter 1 . 4/29/2020
.. 0
Rin-Gildy chapter 38 . 4/28/2020
This story is just so incredible. I can't even begin to imagine the sheer amount of planning, detail and dedication it must have taken to complete. The characters are beautifully portrayed, and the writing is very engaging. This one's going in the reread pile.
MommaScout chapter 38 . 4/28/2020
I read this back when it was first published (I was a recent college graduate with nothing better to do between jobs), and almost ten years and the Remake later, fanfics like this are one reason I adore the FFVII universe so (since 1997)! The Shakespearean poetry, drama, and tragedy is unlike any other game in history, and the link between the hero and villain is so blurred, a simple act of kindness is all it could take to completely change everything. Cloud has the same capability of becoming the monster as Sephiroth, and Sephiroth is just as human, vulnerable, and caring as any other character in the story, so like Cloud that the saying 'in another universe, we could have been friends' takes on a whole new meaning. For all the younger, new-comers to the world of FFVII...welcome! When reading deep, well thought out fanfics like this, realize that sometimes the line between hero and villain, good buy and bad guy are not as solid as you may believe. Without giving away any spoilers to those who have not played either the original or remake game...look past the spectacle of graphics (or lack there-of), and read the very real human story in each character. In the materia-less, magic-less, mako-less world we live in, are Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Sephiroth, Vincent, and all the others really any different than any of us common folk? Philosophical, I know, and wordy, but the parallels one could draw from our world and the world of FFVII become clear. That is why it is often touted as the greatest RPG ever made, ranked high among the video game industry as the standard by which most, if not all, fantasy games are measured. Humans are attracted to things that ring with the truth of our own existence, and a fanfic like this is just another example of such parallels! Thanks again, Sinnatious, for this fic. Glad it has remained the standard on this site for FFVII fanfics!
Blarghal chapter 38 . 4/25/2020
I honestly did not expect to be laughing nearly as much as I was during this final chapter. Absolutely outstanding work. You truly have a magnificent talent for writing. This was absolutely spectacular and I am so blown away by it. I have a feeling I'll be re-reading this story for a long time to come. 3
Blarghal chapter 37 . 4/25/2020
Oh. My. GOD. You are absolutely masterful. My heart is actually beating out of my chest right now. HOLY SHIT.
Blarghal chapter 36 . 4/25/2020
YOU ARE KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEE X.X This is, without doubt, one of the greatest stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading!
Blarghal chapter 35 . 4/25/2020
CRUEL. YOU ARE CRUEL OMG WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME X.X By GOD I love this story so much 3
Blarghal chapter 20 . 4/23/2020
I hadn't planned on commenting until I finished the fic, as it's been out for so long that I figured I'd read the whole then and then gush at the end. But the "Can you smell him" line made me cackle out loud. This is truly spectacular!
ApatheticListlessness chapter 1 . 4/23/2020
rereading this after the recent FF7 remake and its still as good as when i first read it
FourthWallBreaker chapter 38 . 4/21/2020
I just burned through this after watching through a walk-though/movie of the remake. I haven't played the games, but I've watched/read enough about them that I am definitely starting to become interested in playing in the future! And your story had me grinning as I read my way though. You have a good grip on the characters, and seeing everything get flipped on its head from such little butterfly wing-flaps from Cloud made it even more great!
Reycho chapter 38 . 4/20/2020
This is insanely good, but no tifa? ): Loved it anyway!
A chapter 38 . 4/20/2020
Reread it with the release of ffvii remake, still magnificent and a joy to consume as it was when I first read it over five years ago. Amazing work
2,796 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »