Reviews for Continuum
ghostchicken chapter 4 . 5/28/2010
You have my attention. I am intrigued and impressed with this. How imaginative! This is a twist to the time-travel story I have never seen before.

I like how you allowed Harry to put off the weak orphan and let him morph into a man with a purpose who refuses to let others dictate his life or destiny to him and he's going to to do it with the woman he loves by his side. GOOD FOR HARRY! GOOD FOR YOU!

The Society. Hmm...ver-r-r-ry inter-r-esting. I hope it can help Harry and Ginny in the past. Now...on to the wedding. I feel the need to blubber.

Well done and welcome to my Favourites/Alerts list.
Karl Skywalker chapter 4 . 5/27/2010
Great chapter!

You explained everything about the Society :D It is an excellent backstory to the Society. You surprised me with Wally. Poor Wally :( especially what caused her to finally cracked in the end. *shudder* Thus Sirius' mother died before her body did.

(I apologize for lengthy explanation) [long and boring history lesson/] There is only one problem. It is a pet peeve of mine, not your fault :) The Englisc (Anglo-Saxons) were pagans when they invaded England and they only became open to the learning after they were converted. In fact, it was the Church that kept the knowledge safe especially the Irish Monasteries who did much to preserve those knowledge but they were only primary example of this, as it also occur all over the Monasteries in the Europe at the time. They also took lead in teaching the people when the things settled before Vikings, during Charlmagne's time, thus leading to Carolingian Renaissance; together with Charlmagne's effort.

Also, much of the witch hunts were in fact organized and advocated by secular government. In fact they were ones who decreed that the penalty for heresy as burning at stake as threat to their authority. The Church often protested this but were ignored. To be fair, many of bloodthirsty Church officials were also bloodthirsty did not help it either. However, the point is even at Spanish Inquisition, which is led by Spanish government; often if the heretics were found guilty and confessed, they were forgiven and let go, they were executed anyway by the government as example. Most of the witch hunting took off during 15th century and picked up strongest in 16th-17th century, especially in Protestant areas.

Lastly, you would be surprised by how much technological progress there were actually during Medieval period (about 1000-1500), especially in agricultural, iron, archieture, and many others. The Dark Ages were not so dark, especially during the Medieval age. In fact, often it is 500-800 that were classified as Dark Age and even then... [end long and boring lesson/]

I apologize for a looooong pm. It is just something that annoyed me. It is well known in acedemic history circle, but for some reason, never really taught in school.

It is an excellent chapter, so please don't think I am unhappy with it. In fact I love this chapter :D I just wanted to put things straight. Anyway, I really hope that Harry and Ginny would be able to help Wally and preserve her sanity. The way you wrote her, she really doesn't the fate of being insane and mean woman in portrait.

I look forward for another update!
DukeBrymin chapter 4 . 5/27/2010
Enjoyable chapter, fun to find out about the Society. But now I'm all worried about all the knowledge that's been lost through time.

thanks!
David Fishwick chapter 4 . 5/27/2010
Cool chapter and I liked how you wrote the back story of the Society. Please write more thanks.
Rosiline chapter 3 . 5/22/2010
Wow, what an unexpected plan, i didn't see that coming!

can't wait to read more! also congrats for Best Drama!
Fairqueen2 chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
After a week full of college finals, this made my week. And the cliffhanger makes me want more! Can't wait for the next chapter
Karl Skywalker chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
Great start! :D

It looks to be a wonderful story so far! I am entranced by this story and I am wondering what is the secret is. I guess that the secret has to do with the witches but that do not explain why Molly wanted nothing to do with it after her brother were killed. That is unless the secret is how the females could entrance men and that is what happened to the brothers and how they got killed, the death eaters being witches members of the society themselves. Perhaps the bonding? But that also doesn't make sense, unless it is just one part of secret.

I look forward to another update!
DukeBrymin chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
I so did not expect a time travel fic-nice surprise, that.

I liked Molly's acceptance that Ginny would leave with Harry whenever he came for her.

And now we have a secret society-very exciting!

Thanks!
RiddikulusSnuffles chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
woo! im excited to hear the story passed along the generations. this is getting very interesting ;)
David Fishwick chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
I am loving the story so far and please update soon thanks.
Rosiline chapter 2 . 5/15/2010
great update!
tgfoy chapter 2 . 5/14/2010
Loving it so far. Especially liked the description of the muggle shop and the characterisations of harry and Hermione. You have portrayed their feelings very well I think and are setting up what promises to be a good story. I take it Ron arrived at the Burrow whilst Arthur was greeting Harry as he didn't seem to know Ron was thier at 't wait to see where you are taking this
Ron Hunter chapter 2 . 5/14/2010
Loved it. Can't wait to see where you are going with this.
David Fishwick chapter 2 . 5/13/2010
Sweet chapter and I liked the Harry, Ginny scene. Please keep up the good work. Thanks for writing.
kat183 chapter 2 . 5/12/2010
A sweet chapter, had to laaugh at the handwriting bit - perhaps Harry should be a Doctor instead of an Auror. And Ron it was so long ago I read the book I forgot he was at Bill's. And Ginny how you wrote it when he saw her - lovely. Looking forward to reading more.
235 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 Next »