Reviews for Sin's Child
NegatortheBalance chapter 2 . 3/15
And plus Father wouldn't exist ...
NegatortheBalance chapter 1 . 3/15
Wrath is a kid in the original, and there is NO Selim Bradley ...
Rose Of Death 4242564 chapter 60 . 1/21
Wonderful! Amazing! Suspenseful! Need I go on? This story is definitely my favorite Pride fanfic of all time, and thanks to you, he is my second favorite homunculus (right after Envy). The speech of almost every character is perfect, and the characters are portrayed so adeptly. The slight hints was comedy was pretty darn funny, but the thoughts and inner emotions of characters really got to me. Using those simple sentences to end chapters or arcs was genius, and it must have taken a bit of time to line up event mentioned in the canon part of the FMA series.

To me, Selim seems rather short for a ten year old. My two theories are that either Pride's container is younger than ten years old, or that average height of humans was much lower all those centuries ago. A full grown adult from 2013 would have a pretty hard time fitting into a knight's suit of armor from the Middle Ages. Actually, I think both of those ideas could be true.

As for the homunculus true form thing, that's actually a pretty good idea. I had been wondering why Father would make Envy's true form a miniature amphibian parasite. I seriously hate that.

About the antagonist comment you made in an earlier chapter, "I just don't like anti-here's as much in general," I kind of disagree. I try to base character ratings for me on their depth, mystery, and sometimes looks. I like Kid from Soul Eater because he is a grim reaper, which already makes him quite mysterious. Not much is even,ed about his background, so it leaves too for interpretation. Also, I just think he looks good. All for KIMA, by the way! I like Roy Mustang because he's so charming and elusive. Barely anything is known about his childhood, so I like to theorized and read FanFictions about how his early life was. Last, I like Envy because of his amazing depth and mystery. That's also why I like Pride. However, Envy hated himself so much that he committed SUICIDE. Imagine being torn up by that for most of his 175 year life. I was so torn up his death, I stopped watching FMA: Brotherhood until I started a fanfic to correct and delay his death. He still dies, but he has love! And he's reunited with Rose (grim reaper OC) after she dies as well almost 3 years later. About Envy...

Gasp! How can you hate Envy! I understand the original Greed being a serious a**hole, but Envy? I once thought of Envy as just another bad guy, but try analyzing every character of FMA. Chances are that you'll find some hidden depth to their personalities, some of which you can't help but feel attracted to. Envy is exactly who his sin describes. Envy. Try imagining yourself from the point of view of a homunculus. Try being feared everywhere. Try being unable to be happy and form true relations with other. Try being forced to watch others with what you don't have but have always longed for during a time of about 175 years. I think anyone would be torn up about that.
Blunt shards of glass chapter 60 . 10/3/2013
Finally finsihed! I feel happy that he at least got a taste of human childhood.
Blunt shards of glass chapter 59 . 10/3/2013
I felt sorry for Pride, it seems that he only realizes he needs her when she's dead. I guess that's kind of the same in reality as well.
Blunt shards of glass chapter 56 . 10/2/2013
Oh so sweet, but who's Harriet Hakuro? Sorry bit confussed.
hahaha, yes! Pride has finally accepted her.
Blunt shards of glass chapter 55 . 10/2/2013
So adorable! Awwwww, it's so cute to see Pride giving in to human emotions.
Energetic red chapter 50 . 6/18/2013
Love this! Still reading, can't wait for the ending. I love your development with Pride, great flow and I also find the interaction between the 'siblings' pretty head on. Great job and keep up the good work!
Blunt shards of glass chapter 51 . 6/11/2013
How can someone get such great ideas!
iv'e been reading your stories like every month, and after every chapter it makes me want to read more!
Moofy-Fan chapter 60 . 12/2/2012
Ahh, it's over! It's really over, I can hardly believe it. Wow, a little over two and a half years now, huh? I must say I am very glad about getting the chance to read this story all the way through, and that you trusted me enough to ask for my opinion on certain topics throughout the story.

The ending was great, it was awesome being able to see everyone get a nice little wrap up, spinning a bit of optimism into the story even through we know that it wont really end well for Pride in the long run. I absolutely loved the part with Sylvie and Miles, especially showing Miles' slow and reluctant fall to be more like Pride, with him calling people humans and then instantly regretting it, but knowing that this wasn't the first time either.

Father's thoughts on Pride seemed so realistic and so sad, since Pride is so devoted and Father so callously brushes all that aside, basically calling him a failure in the long run. Of course, Wrath's and Mrs. Bradley's thoughts on him help to counter act that, which makes it better.

Pride eating the melon at the very end was just perfect and oh so sweet and sad and lovely. Just like the rest of this story, so a perfect way to end it off. And I love your appendix of themes, just shows how much planning and effort you put into this story, it's amazingly commendable.

So, all in all, amazing awesome fabulous story. I can't wait for our collaboration together as well, I'm sure you'll be able to keep me in line with the finer details (something I tend to gloss over).
SpaceHusband chapter 60 . 12/2/2012
Wow...just wow. All good things must come to an end, and I am looking forward to seeing your collaboration. Thanks for writing such a great fanfic for all of us.
Shade40 chapter 60 . 12/2/2012
I like the way you returned to Father and mused over how Pride's story began, as it was a nice way to open the final chapter. Much like an essay returning to its opening paragraph in the conclusion.

I also liked Wrath's musings. Even if I don't take your entire story as canon and don't accept Pride letting his grief over Lust's death manifest (although I actually think he would have reacted in some way, just as the others did), Wrath must still have wondered about Pride when seeming to enjoy his human child act so that it was more than just acting. The two are paired together when they are quite opposite in terms of age and respect for humanity, so I almost always enjoy hearing Wrath's opinions on his oldest brother.

I still stand by my original appraisal that the plot feels constricted by the need to conform to certain details, and there was probably too many things that you wanted to accomplish (diluting the focus), but at the same time, your attention to the little details also stands out as a positive. The feel is that you're leaving the story on a cliffhanger that the readers can fill in for themselves, though they might wish they didn't have to.

It's always nice to be around when a story finishes. I appreciate your explanations at the end and I'm glad you asked me to review.
SmileRen chapter 60 . 12/2/2012
Interesting.
Violetlight chapter 59 . 11/22/2012
Wow ... just wow. The emotional impact of this chapter isn't something that can be described in a reviewer's words. There's nothing I can say here that you didn't already say, far more perfectly.

Loved the comparison to Peter Pan. It reminded me of your oneshot, "The Trouble with Folklore and Fairytales", though the idea you came up with there was far more fleshed out here, a much better second take, IMO. And yes, every little boy, even those who don't grow up (be they human - or whatever Pan was - or homunculus), need their mothers.

Very touching chapter.
Violetlight chapter 58 . 11/22/2012
Love your take on canon events here. You explained quite well why Pride wasn't present for Greed's "return" and humiliation, and his indifference about Greed's death was completely suiting. I'm happy to see that you also included his manga-only appearance, calling off Envy and Gluttony (though as you were the one who told me about that incident, I would have been more surprised if you hadn't).

Lust's flashback-conversation with Wrath brought back images of the earlier chapters. It was nice to hear her opinions regarding Pride, especially considering what happened afterwards. I knew it would happen eventually, but her death ... guess I'm going to have to read the next chapter to see just how Pride is affected.